Cases cleared for further transport (2010-10-04)

I hope it wasn't the terrorists! D: those anti-open-source terrorists. (Points at Satoru Iwata, Reggie Fils-Aime, Howard Stringer, Steve Jobs, and Steve Ballmer for no apparent reason.)

I own it and tomorrow it will be fixed and back to normal.

If that's the case, why make 8 trips today? Wouldn't it have been faster/cheaper/easier to do just one (so you could start building), and then get the rest tomorrow, once the van is fixed? That's a fast turn around time for something that "burst into flames"!

If that's the case, why make 8 trips today? Wouldn't it have been faster/cheaper/easier to do just one (so you could start building), and then get the rest tomorrow, once the van is fixed? That's a fast turn around time for something that "burst into flames"!

I think once a vehicle has caught fire (even just once), it can no longer be trusted to transport thousands of Pandora parts.

I hope it wasn't the terrorists! D: those anti-open-source terrorists. (Points at Satoru Iwata, Reggie Fils-Aime, Howard Stringer, Steve Jobs, and Steve Ballmer for no apparent reason.)

Uhm...

Reggie & Iwata are both pro-homebrew, the reason they can't release anything that ALLOWS homebrew is because of no hypervisor in their systems...The new 3DS should have a hypervisor that allows controlling over everything and allow small homebrew apps finally. Also, Ballmer has no issues with homebrew/open source...There is a whole "free" development system for 360 called XNA. Requires a $99/yr subscription however, and on top of that you can even commercialize your games.

Also, Ballmer has no issues with homebrew/open source...
You don't know "Monkey Boy"'s infamous comment about the GPL-cancer called Linux, do you?

Don't make estimations about his personal ideology just by some of their products, there is more than that single man's decisions behind them.

Anyway: http://xkcd.com/225/ :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you need a hypervisor for homebrew?
I'd guess it would be used to create a safe "sandbox" for homebrew to play in without allowing low-level access to the system hardware or the kernel. In theory, it would allow homebrew while preventing people from loading 3DS ROMs or other pirated games. At least, that's how I understand it.

Because the garage that made the hand break too tight (which caused it) was fixing it. I didn't know how long they would take. The back end of commercial vehicles going on fire is surprisingly common, the pads heat up and go on fire which then sets the wheel(s) on fire.

It's not a huge job to fix, just a case of replacing some parts. As it turns out it still isn't ready to collect so I made the right choice in collecting the goods when I did.

Oh yeah, sure, protection. A waste of resources if you ask me.
Wasteful or not, i'm sure they're trying to hold off the flashcart pirates as long as they possibly can. And, if they do it right, I can't see it really holding homebrew back from its full potential TOO much... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Because the garage that made the hand break too tight (which caused it) was fixing it. I didn't know how long they would take. The back end of commercial vehicles going on fire is surprisingly common, the pads heat up and go on fire which then sets the wheel(s) on fire.

It's not a huge job to fix, just a case of replacing some parts. As it turns out it still isn't ready to collect so I made the right choice in collecting the goods when I did.
That's a comforting thought. I'm pretty sure I'd wet myself if i was driving along the highway and saw flames coming from the vicinity of my gas tank. :D

That's a comforting thought. I'm pretty sure I'd wet myself if i was driving along the highway and saw flames coming from the vicinity of my gas tank. :D

You do the first time it happens, but then you just know what has happened and put it out.

I once put out a front pad fire with a can of pepsi on a GMC truck, the used some leather cleaner to grease the part at the side of the road and managed to get it working and get home. I had no idea if leather cleaner would work, but it was 2am and I had nothing else with me which I could use.

You do the first time it happens, but then you just know what has happened and put it out.

I once put out a front pad fire with a can of pepsi on a GMC truck, the used some leather cleaner to grease the part at the side of the road and managed to get it working and get home. I had no idea if leather cleaner would work, but it was 2am and I had nothing else with me which I could use.
Craig, you have some seriously bad luck if this has happened to you multiple times. Did you spend your childhood walking under ladders and opening umbrellas inside?

Maybe this has something to do with it?

voodoodoll.jpg

Agred, then. Thanks for the explanation!

Apologies if I've missed this / mistaken.... but now the case factory has finished this batch of cases, are they now working on the TV out cable?

Apologies if I've missed this / mistaken.... but now the case factory has finished this batch of cases, are they now working on the TV out cable?

They can do the TV Out Cable as soon as we tell them.

But as said, we first want batch 1 finished.

They can do the TV Out Cable as soon as we tell them.

But as said, we first want batch 1 finished.

Why wait? If they're not working on building cases (or are they working on the rest for batch 2?) they might as well be doing them for us. The last I'd heard, they had a minimum order of 10k for the cables. Has that been resolved?

Why wait? If they're not working on building cases (or are they working on the rest for batch 2?) they might as well be doing them for us. The last I'd heard, they had a minimum order of 10k for the cables. Has that been resolved?

Yes, this has been resolved.

We have so many other things to do right now to make sure Batch 1 is being finished and to improve everything for Batch 2, we are just a few people, we can't take care about everything at once.

We're reaching our limit with work, we need to set priorities right now unless you want a few totally burnt out Pandora guys here not able to do anything anymore.

Back