Case Sneak Peek

Pandora Forum vs elsewhere

The Pandora Forum

A. Hey guys, I have invested something that solves famine world wide.....

B. Is it open source?

A. Here are the details about it, this should make the world such a better place, this is pretty amazing when you think about it

B. Well, maybe, probably, I don't know, but, anyway, the open source nature of it, is it really open

A. The term 'open source' doesn't really mean anything, or actually it means lots of things, they are all kind of correct. But back to the invention.

B. Invention? Or yes I remember reading something about that, but back to the open source nature of this.

Else where

B. WOW, THAT IS AMAZING. This is so good, wow, let me know more about it. How can I help? We need to make this thing a reality.
Is your sample in the spoiler OpenSource?

[/trolling]

Pandora forums

A. Hey guys, I have invented something that solves famine world wide.....
B. Cool as long as it doesn't depend on a double size space

Else where

A. Hey guys, I have invented something that solves famine world wide.....

B. Meh, it's old tech, I've heard IBM is working on something faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with english sourcery, is the use of the prephrasing word as dominant modifier.

John found an open source brewery plant. Never one to close the tap, and with the use of only non-enclosed hap, derived from an open algorithm means of production rant.

To source, as in the verb, is different from the noun.

"Open source" is legally worthless beyond the source (-code) being open in some form.

Circumstantial meaning aside. I cant remember all the fixed terms and meaning of open/source -hardware. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_hardware

Open source-code software can be  open source, where code is implied. Famously sloppy, in english you can ask, relying on weather and wind to see the source, is it open?

Terminally, free software is not ill-deviced.

Edit: Don't hate, conjugate

Does anybody here even need the case files or has the plan to improve the case actualy? ;)

I've seen not much in that direction with the open source files of the Pandora case (except the metal cases but these are not comunity driven).

Does anybody here even need the case files or has the plan to improve the case actualy?

Shhh, this is really an argument of who is more correct. 
Shh...  you're spoiling my plans to have a case milled out of endangered teak with mammoth ivory key caps with gold leaf letter surrounds glued to a harbor seal mat - for flexibility - using glue made from unicorn hooves.

Seriously though, if someone does have a plan to make after market cases, they might want to wait until the actual Pyra has shipped so that they can figure out where improvements might be made.

In the meantime, I suppose someone could 3D print their own case and ... have nothing to put in it.

^ Well don't ask for too much.  All I want is the Pandora aluminum case albeit it (the Pandora) has been at the end of its production life.

Then...using said open sourced schematics would be reSOURCEful?

Glad we cleared up that whole colour business...and strangely everbody agreed on red, red, red red, red, red.

Black is the new beige, but its not as sexy as lenticular printed red an gold flames... But yes funny how everyone wanted FLAME RED

Pandora Forum vs elsewhere

The Pandora Forum

B. Is it open source?

A. Here are the details about it, this should make the world such a better place, this is pretty amazing when you think about it

B. Well, maybe, probably, I don't know, but, anyway, the open source nature of it, is it really open

A. The term 'open source' doesn't really mean anything, or actually it means lots of things, they are all kind of correct. But back to the invention.

B. Invention? Or yes I remember reading something about that, but back to the open source nature of this.

Else where

B. WOW, THAT IS AMAZING. This is so good, wow, let me know more about it. How can I help? We need to make this thing a reality.
You forgot about me. I would be happy to help out if someone found a way to create famine everywhere, equally, regardless of if I was here or elsewhere.

Then...using said open sourced schematics would be reSOURCEful?

Glad we cleared up that whole colour business...and strangely everbody agreed on red, red, red red, red, red.
*chokes* I beg to differ, I much prefer blue myself. :p

- Neelix
Quiet, you!  He said everybody.  Do you want to be nobody, like me?  If not then you better ask for red like everybody else.

Because it seems, everyone here is on a open source fetish trip, I have fleshed out my idea of an "open source hinge" a little bit more, just for fun.   :rolleyes:

Imagine a compared simple mechanism, basicly only a bolt, a nut, a spring and 2  lock pieces for the actual hinge mechanism. Easily to disassemble and to mod.

It's more or less the same size than the old hinge piece, plus a little longer through the nut. In theory not much modifications are needed to the Pyra case to fit it in (same diameter, same notches), but the main difference may be the hinge piece is put in from the left so it is easily removable after opening the lid through the new designed "bezel" (which I imagine holds the piece in place from that side when the bezel frame is mounted in).

The actual hinge lock pieces can be modified to whatever the user prefers and the spring decides how stiff the lid will work. 

Because it seems, everyone here is on a open source fetish trip, I have fleshed out my idea of an "open source hinge" a little bit more, just for fun.   :rolleyes:

Imagine a compared simple mechanism, basicly only a bolt, a nut, a spring and 2  lock pieces for the actual hinge mechanism. Easily to disassemble and to mod.

It's more or less the same size than the old hinge piece, plus a little longer through the nut. In theory not much modifications are needed to the Pyra case to fit it in (same diameter, same notches), but the main difference may be the hinge piece is put in from the left so it is easily removable after opening the lid through the new designed "bezel" (which I imagine holds the piece in place from that side when the bezel frame is mounted in).

The actual hinge lock pieces can be modified to whatever the user prefers and the spring decides how stiff the lid will work. 
nice design

As far as I understand it, the two cones represent the actual "lock mechanism" ?

If so, how about having interlocking wafeform patterns on those two surfaces instead of a "positive/negative" hemisphere ? This way hinge would not be bound to only have 2 locking positions.

Back