Bringing the case and PCB together

a502a7c1b68aa28b8deb8f71bbbe0d25dc910f1f871b66a4e7f544840539c8a9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ED posted on Twitter two new pics of the shoulder buttons:

https://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/489477942691762176

https://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/489480123528544256

Looking very good. Reminds me of Optimus Prime with the color scheme. :)
in the second pic you can really see why the buttons can't be moved much closer.

Edit: face buttons.

Edit Edit:  Is the longer one R1?  They don't really need markings imo as long as we either know what they are, or set them to what we like.

I like the Shoulderbutton Design, hopefully, the Plastik Stick which holds the Buttons is tough enough for 2 Buttons,

Also that the L1/R1 Button is much bigger is great as you will need these buttons often as the second pair..

Have some ideas to mapp the Buttons:

For Shooters: L1/R1 as Mousebuttons, R2 to Reload the Weapon, and L2 to Jump

Or if the Game ditnt have a Second Fire Option, you can Change the Weapon quikly whit a Shoulderbutton :)

Cant wait to try it out on my own Pyra, but i fear this could take awhile..

I have a Pandora to shorten the Waitingtime :)

On the keymat, I see many alternate characters more than once: ( ) " and ! .

I hope we also get ' ` ^ ~ $ \ and | so that Pyra can be easily used with the Linux shell as well as for typing Markdown.

I hope we also get ' ` ^ ~ $ \ and | so that Pyra can be easily used with the Linux shell as well as for typing Markdown.
It's just a mock up rendering, not what the actual key layout will be.. Although that debate should get more focus in the near future.

It's just a mock up rendering, not what the actual key layout will be.. Although that debate should get more focus in the near future.

ED posted on Twitter two new pics of the shoulder buttons:

https://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/489477942691762176

https://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/489480123528544256

Looking very good. Reminds me of Optimus Prime with the color scheme. :)
I like that the trigger is no longer the bottom outer corner of the case - that is an improvement IMHO.

What I don't understand is why they're different lengths. Could they both be 'short' and the case edge could then be solid? Both would have the same 'feel' then.

The travel will likely be different between the short and long paddles - different feel?

My concern would be if the longer paddle has a overly easy throw (more leverage) it could be accidentally tripped when reaching around the case edge for the short paddle.

I don't know if this is going to be an issue or not - just the way the physics are working out in my head.

It's because you can better reach each button without pressing the other trigger, a good compromise to a true side-by-side array.  However, the buttons in the rendering are still to high placed imho, way to close to the Lid. There is room at the bottom, both buttons could be placed lower to have more space at the top.
And the hinge of the buttons seems to be weak and thin, I hope this will be improved in the final version to make the buttons stronger. I did a quick mockup of some supporting structure and no, it does not touch the PCB. ;)

largeprpk9.png

Yeah, perhaps.. This design could be a compromise to give the primary shoulder button some length, but not totally weaken the case.

Pyras keymat will consist of a transparent silicone with black plastic keys glued on top.

The plastic keys will be produced with they're own mold, so they can freely be designed to be similar to laptop keys
That sounds like it could be possible for users to buy the silicone mat and the key tops separately from you for them to glue together in whatever layout they want.
On top of that, could the silicone part have two separate supports for the space key so someone could glue two separate key tops on top of them? (edit: given that I'm pretty sure you mentioned the PCB already is planned to have two separately usable pads for space)
 I doubt we will glue the Keymat.

It will come in one piece, the gluing will be done by the manufacturer I think.
That's why I expect too, but I also expect the manufacturer to sell you some sets of parts unglued if you ask for it which you could sell on. Needs to be checked like the rest.Would just be really nice if possible.
Hey, could you confirm/deny this?

Back