Main PCB V3 is finished!

I wish I had had that 3 or 4 years ago, could have played the whole way down to California in the back seat of my parents' car.

I dunno, I thought Minecraft had some horrible optimization? I don't play it often though so I wouldn't know. I've heard some of those modpacks out there can be quite intensive.

Wait... I don't think think ED just stated desktop minecraft will run full speed on the pyra. Because it certenly won't. It struggles on my core i3 laptop...

The intel z3775 w/2GB ram runs it moderately well. I've seen lots of comparisons between a15's and the new baytrails, but none of them included mainecraft as the benchmark :p I would imagine it might be similar though as even running in complete CPU rendering is acceptable speeds. It does struggle though and I'm confident the baytrails are a bit more powerful so I wouldn't expect miracles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is there a difference between the optimization of the desktop version and whatever runs on the mobile platforms?

Can you use mods on the mobile version?

I guess I should have figured this since there's huge difference between Xbox and PC Minecraft.

Wait... I don't think think ED just stated desktop minecraft will run full speed on the pyra. Because it certenly won't. It struggles on my core i3 laptop...
Keep in mind that it's actually very graphics intense, it could be your GPU that's bottlenecked.The progress in the Beta Minecraft Launcher thread seems to be very promising. If we go with the assumption that the Pyra should be 3 times as powerful as the 1Ghz Pandora it should easily reach 15-30 FPS: not stellar performance but still quite reasonable.

Is there a difference between the optimization of the desktop version and whatever runs on the mobile platforms?

Can you use mods on the mobile version?
Yes there is and yes you can, but that doesn't matter: the Pandora runs the desktop version :p

Last edited by a moderator:
With more mods, such as high res texture packs, doesn't Minecraft consume a lot of RAM also?

Sorry, not meaning to turn this into a Minecraft thread.

I can eat up 2gb ram pretty easy with a texture pack. Loading more "chunks" eats up a bunch as well. But I've never seen it go over 2GB even with a 512x512 pack installed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The question is, can Minecraft run fullspeed with 50+ mods installed on Pyra? ^_­~

Real miners don't need mods! B)   (except Optifine maybe ;) )

I dunno, I thought Minecraft had some horrible optimization? I don't play it often though so I wouldn't know. I've heard some of those modpacks out there can be quite intensive.
Shader mods can melt even High End PC's easily but who needs those. ANd basicly everyone uses Optifine which can double your FPS. I have constant 60FPS (limited) and full HD in Minecraft and my PC is 5 years old. Mojang optimizes more recently, afaik they basicly rewrite the entire engine at the moment to make a real modding API.  Recent Tweet from Dinnerbone:

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/488756433224474624

Well, when my friend told me he couldn't run it on his computer because it eats a ton of ram I wanted to see. So I downloaded one of those feed the beast modpacks, with sphax highest texture pack, and it tried to steal all my RAM o­_o

And I have 16GB of RAM.

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot to mention I did use the 64 bit version, but it was a while ago, maybe they have optimized more since I tried it.

Well, when my friend told me he couldn't run it on his computer because it eats a ton of ram I wanted to see. So I downloaded one of those feed the beast modpacks, with sphax highest texture pack, and it tried to steal all my RAM o­_o

And I have 16GB of RAM.
I don't use Texture Packs and I don't have problems with running Minecraft (4GB RAM). As long as you use a recent  64 bit Version of Java (VERY important!) everything is fine. I guess the Pyra only can use 32 Bit programs so I doubt Minecraft will run decent onto it. 32 Bit and 64 Bit Java makes just an enourmous difference onto the PC version, especialy stability wise.

I'm still hoping for getting the much more optimized Pocket Edition to work, it  supports physical controls (PE is available for Xperia Play ).

For your other question, the Pocket Edition started with not much more features than the old Minecraft Classic Browser game (good old times, you can still play it: https://minecraft.net/classic/play ) but it is getting closer to the PC Version now, including infinite worlds and most of the content.

P4miYSS.jpg

It gets about 15 FPS on the Pandora. The Pyra will be much faster, so... it should run fine.

It's either hard float or soft float that works with the Pandora, and probably the Pyra too. We need whichever one it's not.

It's either hard float or soft float that works with the Pandora, and probably the Pyra too. We need whichever one it's not.
Pandora is using soft float, The RPi and the Debian version that the Pyra will most likely use will be hard float as well..  Now my question is if programs compiled on RPi's armv6 instruction set works nice with OMAP's armv7 instruction set. my guess yes, but it won't be as optimized as it could be. not to mention it may be a library nightmare to put together.

Are we done talking about this blocky game? 

Back