Beautiful landscapes are prettier than portraits

What are your feelings about that development?

• I want the FullHD display, no matter what! It'll look so much better! I don't care about the perform

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • FullHD would've been nice, but with those issues, HalfHD is better. I still would've preferred FullH

Votes: 72 20.8%
  • FullHD is overkill anyways in my opinion. HalfHD is way better suited for a screen that size.

Votes: 139 40.2%
  • CPU performance and easy development are more important than the higher resolution. I'm fine with th

Votes: 208 60.1%
  • I don't really care about the difference between FullHD or HalfHD - it's more important that the gam

Votes: 116 33.5%

• Total voters

How about these layouts (blue=DS top, red=DS bottom, green=actual screen):

dual-screen-1.pngdual-screen-2.png

Assuming 1280x720 screen (ie. Pyra's probable screen resolution). The small ones are scaled up by 2x  and the big one by 3x from DS resolution.

In the stacked screens there are 48 pixels which get sliced off (shown in magenta color), but since those same pixels are still shown in the big one it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

On Pandora's resolution all the screens fit by using 2x and 1x sized screens. I don't know if the cost of copying the pixels of a screen would cost some performance (it probably would).

Last edited by a moderator:
But how can you emulate the DS screen that has no touch layer with a touchscreen? You would have to find a way to disable or to remove the touchlayer... or deemulate it somehow to get good performance.

That's the real problem that never really got solved.

To emulate it perfectly, you need to remove the touch layer from the top half of your screen.

All you need is a sharp knife and a steady hand... :p

*groans*  That joke got old and died a long time ago... since it seems to be shuffling around again I think it's time to cut off it's head and burn the remains.  :p ;)

- Neelix

*groans* That joke got old and died a long time ago... since it seems to be shuffling around again I think it's time to cut off it's head and burn the remains. :p ;)

- Neelix
No, its still funny

What would have been great though if exo made the screen rendering config just absurd. Something like pixel perfect emulation but you had to edit a text file and close and reopen the program every time you wanted to see the other screen. Or have something that actually disabled the touchscreen forcing a reboot to restore. Sort of a nod to this stupid meme of a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't it be "Lovely landscapes are prettier than portraits"?

Never allow any awesome alliteration potential to be passed by.

I love how this went from screen sourcing to 1080 skull bashing to being fine with 720 then onto ds emulation. Damn what a roller coaster ride

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

Back