Back from Greece

pyra red black back bottom.png pyra red black front.png
I think this looks quite nice too

This is similar to what I had in mind (except the whole bottom would be red).
Wouldn't that look like a burnt burger in dyed buns? IIRC, I've seen red buns at either Würger King or McDreck at times.

No fear of clear.

Clear case would be so much more difficult to render with all of the LED light sources leaking out the sides and reflecting off of gold circuits and acting as a halo around the outside of the logo plate. It would be easier to take pictures or video of one fully assembled and working.

Better than that would be one made of glow in the dark plastics so that the lights activate the material resulting in an irregular 'fall off glow' pattern after the device is turned off.

Shiny black is the infamous fingerprint magnet though, and silver would probably remind us too much of the rebirth Pandora (not that that's an especially bad thing, I just feel like we need a change). We're going somewhat matte for a reason.

Unfortunately, I feel that the Pandora is regarded as a failure in both hardware, software, and overall everything. That is why the Pyras has to be different, even in color choice.
[doublepost=1531282286,1531277376][/doublepost]Unfortunately, I feel that the Pandora is regarded as a failure in both hardware, software, and overall everything. That is why the Pyras has to be different, even in color choice.

Unfortunately, I feel that the Pandora is regarded as a failure in both hardware, software, and overall everything. That is why the Pyras has to be different, even in color choice.
Though I agree the Pyra should have a different color than the Pandora I have to mention you are dead wrong. Sure, the Pandora has it's short comings but it is nowhere near a failure. I have been using mine almost daily for over 8 years now, and it's still going strong.
The battery still lasts over 10 hours, it plays 1000's of games, it streams audio and video from my pc at a decent frame rate, no..... You are with the wrong crowd to call the Pandora a failure...

Back