Ask the Dragon - Date has been set!

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

@EvilDragon I meant to say ealier, thanks for answering a few of my questions in the stream.

Regarding the merchandise question, I guess what was more in my mind was about the possibility of limited items. For example signed transparent cases, the PCB key fobs, or perhaps other prototype spare parts that might otherwise be scrapped...

Yori likes this.
  2. Yori

Yori Hi, how was your day?

Darn it, I knew I was forgeting somthing while watching, that whould of been a good question. ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 8, 2018 ---
    That would be nice, I would love some signed stuff from ED and its a little hard for me to visit him (I live in the US). Plus it should be a great way to help rase some more money!:D

Coupo and CommanderB like this.
  3. Coupo

Coupo Still Fresh

Yay! Let it rain! xD

4. gunrock

gunrock Member

@EvilDragon, just caught up with the recorded stream, thanks for answering my questions.

5. Arkay Firestar

Arkay Firestar Member

ED, when will we be able to pay off the rest of our orders? I know you don’t want to do it too early but I really just want to pay the darn thing off so I can shift fully into waiting mode.

It’s the craziest thing, but my favorite part of the Pandora process ended up being the eager wait. Nothing quite like hanging on every update with new tidbits and pics.

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Not sure what you mean. Pandora orders? I delivered to all of my customers.... so there's nothing open from my side.
    But, as promised, I'll give you the opportunity to buy the Pyra for production cost price once it's in norma production run (so you don't have to wait anymore).

7. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

It might be a typo. Half the time I accidentally write Pandora when I mean Pyra and have to go back and edit if before hitting submit.

You can effectively pay off your pyra preorders already by buying store vouchers for the remaining value, and a few of us have done that already (I think personally I'm still about 100EUR short). Effectively it's just shifting when he gets paid in time though, and if he's really so close to production now the use of that is more limited, but especially as I'm not paying in EUR currency shifts have made it worth my while to pay it off sooner rather than later myself.

Swordfish II likes this.
  8. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

They're asking when they can pay off the rest of the Pyra preorder. You've only had us pay 2/3s of the purchase price, they want to know when they can pay the rest.

Yori likes this.
  9. Thorgan

Thorgan Member

I should have asked the following : "my rebirth edition pandora is working perfectly since day one, should I get a Pyra :D ?".

Great vid, it's a very inspiring journey.

levi likes this.
  10. levi

That depends if you don't have a use for a better keyboard, better screen, faster more capable CPU, more memory and storage, faster USB ports, faster more reliable wifi, more sensors (barometer, compass etc.) and 4G on to go connectivity, GPS, a newer larger battery and better nubs. If none of those peak your interest, then sticking with your old Pandora might be a valid position to take.

Djhg2000, harlequin, Yori and 2 others like this.
  11. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Speaking of all that better greatness... How are things progressing? Is there any new news?

Yori, Pyramancer and ClockworkCoder like this.
  12. elvissteinjr

elvissteinjr Very Active Member

I'd assume most of the little time ED has is spent on Gamescom preparations right now, so don't expect any news posts.

JDTAY, Grench and levi like this.
  13. Pyramancer

Pyramancer Very Active Member

Didn't EvilDragon say that he would be getting ready for Gamescom (August 21 to 25) and might not have time for much Pyra stuff (building the new protoypes and getting them out to developers/testers) until afterwards. :( So we're not really expecting any news.

Well, I guess the overvoltage problem and workaround were news of sorts.

Grench, levi and ClockworkCoder like this.
  14. Xcl4m4t10n

Xcl4m4t10n Advanced Member

From my point of view, ED should be posting little/short news each time that something happen (if there are things happening, ofc...) because we are near to the end of the project and I think that can help to keep the flame alive (It wasn't a pun).

Yori and Silent-Hunter like this.
  15. Pyramancer

Pyramancer Very Active Member

I would prefer that he spend any little time he has getting the new prototypes out to developers/testers, rather than squander it on news posts. To some extent the project is effectively stalled until they get these prototypes. Although news is always nice to have!

Djhg2000, Swordfish II and Yori like this.
  16. levi

Well, we at least know that hns is still working on getting the software working with the hardware in between ED's news posts, and can assume that's probably true of others too. The project is not completely stalled yet.

17. Askarus

Askarus Hardcore Member

We were busy preparing the Gamescom.
    EvilDragon wants to do some testing with the new Pyra boards during the Gamescom. We have them with us.
    There might be some news then.

18. Coupo

Coupo Still Fresh

Allright.
    I mean, we are all trained "waiters". So let's be patient.
    ... ohmm....
    |-)

Ha! Did something happen!? No? Good.
    ...ohmm

Yori and ible like this.
  19. pimaster

pimaster Member

[​IMG]

Yori and Coupo like this.
  20. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

I'm happy waiting patiently, as long as there are zombies and keyboards and random stuff in the news threads.

I'll probably miss the zombies most when Pyra is released.

I'm really looking forward to the latest update post Gamescon, could be an update worth waiting for :)

Yori likes this.