[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

I also found Angry Birds Seasons Hamoween 2.0.0 Works perfect....

just trying to find a  Angry Birds Star Wars version that works , anyone any luck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crow-riot, why dont you do a poll to confirm what are the top games to be supported next ? 

Plant vs Zombie, WOrld of Goo, etc... since you obviously cannot do all at the same time, it's probably better if you have some clear targets :)

What chance of getting the rather awesome Super Hexagon working with this? Tried under Pandora Android and it seemed to play fine but was missing all text, rather odd really.

If an apk does not run correctly under Pandora Android does that mean that it is going to be impossible to run that particular apk on Pandora with apkenv?

Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.5.0 is a must. Since I own it, I'll test it and will post later.

Does this mean special cases will need to be prepared for every game and every version thereof, or is it simply early days?
Yes

If an apk does not run correctly under Pandora Android does that mean that it is going to be impossible to run that particular apk on Pandora with apkenv?
Yeah, very likely it will not be working either under apkenv, as far as I understand how it works. 
correct, Pandoras apkenv relies on some libs that notaz build for his android release

Yes, please read the initial post in this thread as all your questions will be answered there.

Crow-riot, why dont you do a poll to confirm what are the top games to be supported next ? 

Plant vs Zombie, WOrld of Goo, etc... since you obviously cannot do all at the same time, it's probably better if you have some clear targets :)
didnt have time to do anything the last 3 days, but i was working on world of goo already.

also looked inside PvsZ and it is at least possible, but can't say anything about it yet.

What chance of getting the rather awesome Super Hexagon working with this? Tried under Pandora Android and it seemed to play fine but was missing all text, rather odd really.

Well, I'm a bit uneasy doing Super Hexagon, because we've native port of VVVVVV and well I think it'd be better first to ask the author about doing that.

Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.5.0 is a must. Since I own it, I'll test it and will post later.
Minecraft Pocket Edition is made with Unity and that segfaults when used with apkenv. I'm trying an alternative way to get unity working, though.

Oh, I see. I only registered the "native libraries" bit. The support modules" bit seemed to fall out of my consciousness for some reason. That's what one gets for half-heartedly but excitedly trying stuff out at work. I shall pay more attention in the future.

Hi there,

Just wanted to throw in a few things from an Android developers perspective, I have no idea how common place my methods are (coming from a console background may have taught me things uncommon for most Android developers).

1. Our Android games/applications, that are mainly written in native c/c++, have the library stripped of all symbols, except for JNI_OnLoad. In JNI_OnLoad we register all our native methods using the FindClass and RegisterNatives. This maps the native function calls declared in the Java file, onto the C/C++ function pointer. So if you have applications which do not work with typical methods, perhaps check this if you aren't already.

2. I wonder how apkenv could apply to PlayBook/BB10 native applications? A lot of games/applications are now available natively on PlayBook/BB10 and contain no Java code at all. The SDK provides OpenGL and OpenAL which I imagine the majority of games will use and link against. The main loop is controlled by the user code. It feels like it maybe easier to get these versions running on Pandora? Also, if you take the same game on Android and PlayBook/BB10 you may find help in writing missing routines from Android.

If I'm talking nonsense please accept my apologies! :)

I get the following error in pndrun*.out:

ERROR: data->eglDisplay==EGL_NO_DISPLAY at pandora/platform.c(151)

I tried Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds (with the correct version number), both of them just give the error and nothing happens (I just get the launcher menu again after a few seconds).

I'm using OpenBox and it could be that I have a slightly different install than the normal SZ (I did an SD install and I've been installing some extra stuff).

I get the following error in pndrun*.out:

ERROR: data->eglDisplay==EGL_NO_DISPLAY at pandora/platform.c(151)

I tried Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds (with the correct version number), both of them just give the error and nothing happens (I just get the launcher menu again after a few seconds).

I'm using OpenBox and it could be that I have a slightly different install than the normal SZ (I did an SD install and I've been installing some extra stuff).
hm seems it can't open the GLES context. has nothing to do with the games itself but the inability to create the required GLES stuff. no idea what is causing this, though. can you try with xfce please?

I tried in xfce, I tried rebooting. Still get the same error. I'll try with my NAND install (that one is an untouched SZ) and see if that helps.

Turns out my /usr/lib/libEGL.so and several other symlinks to libs pointed to the newer 1.6 version and not the 1.4 version (which is the one included in SZ). I changed all the symlinks to point to the 1.4 version instead, had to reboot for some reason, and now it works also on my SD install.

Maybe you could make apkenv link explicitly to the 1.4 version, because it doesn't seem to work with the 1.6 (I guess those libraries are not backwards-compatible, which also explains why the old ones were still there)

Turns out my /usr/lib/libEGL.so and several other symlinks to libs pointed to the newer 1.6 version and not the 1.4 version (which is the one included in SZ). I changed all the symlinks to point to the 1.4 version instead, had to reboot for some reason, and now it works also on my SD install.

Maybe you could make apkenv link explicitly to the 1.4 version, because it doesn't seem to work with the 1.6 (I guess those libraries are not backwards-compatible, which also explains why the old ones were still there)
thanks for pointing this out. i'll build against the 1.4 versions then.

Please don't, when we upgrade to newer drivers (if ever), the app will break. The reason it did not work for you is because you can't mix any libs and kernel drivers.

Please don't, when we upgrade to newer drivers (if ever), the app will break. The reason it did not work for you is because you can't mix any libs and kernel drivers.

so is there actually something i can do to get it to work?

Maybe. but it's not easy, so far nobody was able to get latest drivers going.

What I wanted to ask is to not link against any specific driver version, i.e. link against libGLES_CM.so or libGLESv2.so, not libGLES_CM.so.1.4 / libGLESv2.so.1.4 . From what I read you already have it right, just don't do what _wb_ suggests.

Back