[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

- opera uses some lib that could be interfaced with apkenv, so with some work there could something be done with it.

- youtube player does everything with dalvik vm which does not work with apkenv.

- skype also uses some libs that could work (same as opera)

still working on the cut the rope module, mostly working now :D

I tried the pnd and I only managed to run angry birds space 1.0.1

The angry birds apk 2.3.0 did not work for me, nor the fruit ninja apk reference indicated before (1.4 i think?). I may need to check other apks. 

Still, very impressive to run angry birds space at 600 mhz in a very smooth manner, without android. Excellent piece of software, crow-riot !! 

- opera uses some lib that could be interfaced with apkenv, so with some work there could something be done with it.

- youtube player does everything with dalvik vm which does not work with apkenv.

- skype also uses some libs that could work (same as opera)

still working on the cut the rope module, mostly working now :D
I am not that much interested in Opera but very happy to hear that Skype COULD work potentially. That would be huge ! :)

ok i need to revise my previous comments. The apks had some spaces in their names and after removing them everything launched fine. Fruit Ninja works flawlessly, however angry birds 2.3.0 starts and reaches the menu but after selecting a category of levels the screen becomes dark green, the music goes on but nothing happens. So i could not actually play the original angry birds.

@ekianjo: fixed the spaces problem already. but have not updated the pnd yet.

also need to take a look at the angry birds problem.

have pretty much finished the cut the rope module yesterday. it's fully playable with custom savegame handling, sound fx, loading images from memory, playing music.

also improved the launcher. now the dpad and the abxy buttons (how to actually call them?) allow for selection and launching a game.

@ekianjo: fixed the spaces problem already. but have not updated the pnd yet.

also need to take a look at the angry birds problem.

have pretty much finished the cut the rope module yesterday. it's fully playable with custom savegame handling, sound fx, loading images from memory, playing music.

also improved the launcher. now the dpad and the abxy buttons (how to actually call them?) allow for selection and launching a game.
You can call then "action buttons" :)   Good news, since it was not super practical to have to tap the screen to launch a game :)

For angry birds would earlier versions than 2.3.4 work fine then ?  

Great work crowriot..i just played a bit with fruit ninja and the bunny game and is very nice addictions to pandora experience. I allready confirm the green screen on Angry Birds 2.3.4 (the intro, menu and music is working good).

ok just fixed angry birds module ... now 2.3.0 works fine ... need to check if the other versions still play

*edit*

found a fix that makes all the mentioned angrybirds versions works. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good :)

I don't know if i are able to help adding game to this very great app/emulator ( i don't know how exactly define this).

I have downloaded the tools to look inside .dex files and decompile it.

Have downloaded also your src and with the modules available ( i'm looking at fruitninja for start) and i wanna know if you have some more tips for better understand a creation of wrapper, where to search for functions to implement and how to translate into the module.

ok just fixed angry birds module ... now 2.3.0 works fine ... need to check if the other versions still play

*edit*

found a fix that makes all the mentioned angrybirds versions works. B)
Will you release a new PND? :)

updated the aformentioned link

FIX

- angry birds 2.3.0 now working

- allow spaces in filenames (i hope ;) )

NEW

- cut the rope 1.0 working module included

- apkenvui allows dpad and action button selection and restores previous selection on start

Tried Angry Birds Seasons, unforuntately only black screen with intro music playing in the background :(
I've the same issue, running the version detailed above///

going to check the version number again. probably just mixed it up with some other game

*edit*

actually it's 1.3.0 HD that i've running

I can confirm that

FruitNinja1.5.4            work very very good :)

Angry.Birds.v2.3.0      work and is really a pleasure to play on pandora :)

CuttheRopeHDv1.4    don't work (i'd had to cut the space on name to enable recognition) it try to launch but suddenly return to the app, i will retry with an older version.

I can confirm that

CuttheRopeHDv1.4    don't work (i'd had to cut the space on name to enable recognition) it try to launch but suddenly return to the app, i will retry with an older version.
sadly it's only cut the rope 1.0.0 that works, didnt get any other version to work.

Congrats and thanks to THP and Crow_Riot.

also thanks to notaz for the gingerbread because without the libs from it, there'd be nothing :)

Tried Angry Birds Seasons, unforuntately only black screen with intro music playing in the background :(
I've the same issue, running the version detailed above///
sorry about the confusion, was mixing up the HD with the normal version. just tried angry birds seasons 2.5.0 which works fine. updated the release posting.

Hey Crow-Riot, great job with the last release, I confirm as well that Angry Birds 2.3.4 works flawlessly now. I have played it for more than one hour and there is no issue anymore. 

However I could not get cut the rope working yet (but maybe it is an issue with the apk I got, while it claims to be 1.0.0 version...). 

I had one question regarding commercial games such as Angry Birds Star Wars - Would this eventually run as well ? (If it would be difficult to, don't worry about it and focus on others :)

So far, awesome app (and I hope you will continue working on it even after the competition is over) and one very likely to get my vote. :)

Back