[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

Greetings fromm Germany.

He is german, too ;)
I have a lot of respect for folks from Germany.

In my mind, if it comes from Germany... you can pretty much expect quality. :)
I want to run out of my country because here is completely the opposite, everything overprice and bad quality, =/

I think about going to Italy, get my citizenship and live happily. =)

MarTinazzI

so... had a bit of time yesterday to continue working on the cut the rope module

i've added 2 hack flags to the gles renderer so that it renders in portrait mode (rotate pandora lefthand).

with the pandoras resolution cut the rope uses the hd versions of the images, which causes a problem with om-nom because the its texture is too large. the texture limit of 2048 isn't exceeded, but om-nom doesnt get drawn. so i've added another hack-fix flag which downscales images by half and now om-nom is visible B)

more to come, hopefully can put together a pnd in the next few days for testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah cool,i cantat wait for testing MXPlayer,maybe you can bound it to Firefox to play Flash Content from MYVideo, MySpass and Dailymotion.

When we can try it next days,i try a lot with it.

I think Skype dont work on Pandora because the buildin Microphone dont work.

Maybe Skype with USB Soundcard should work.Or Usb Headset.

Text Messages should be no Problem too.

there are more steps involved, i'll explain:

- first you ...
thank you! This is the first explanation of apkenv that I could undestand. Please submit it to the package author for inclusion into the webpage, "how to use apkenv", or readme.

Woah cool,i cantat wait for testing MXPlayer,maybe you can bound it to Firefox to play Flash Content from MYVideo, MySpass and Dailymotion.

When we can try it next days,i try a lot with it.

I think Skype dont work on Pandora because the buildin Microphone dont work.

Maybe Skype with USB Soundcard should work.Or Usb Headset.

Text Messages should be no Problem too.
is hard to say that the internal microphone does not work, the hardware works fine, the problem is in the software somehow, if I'm not mistaken, stopped in kernel 3.x, Exophase is trying to work with the mic for Drastic, but I I do not know if he could make it work.

=/

MarTinazzI

well here you go, the first public binary release of apkenv! (all the sources are on github, you know)

download apkenv+apkenvui here

md5sum: ae98ea6bf70f8264ee2071dfacacece9  apkenv-v42.3.15.pnd

some information

- press the left shoulder button to simulate multitouch (simulates a press in the middle of the screen)

- press escape to leave the game and return to apkenv.ui

tested and working modules (on my CC pandora)

- the rabbit game 2 (download here) -- use the LEFT nub to simulate TILT!

- Fruit Ninja 1.5.4, normal or HD version

- Angry Birds Space 1.1.0

- Angry Birds Space HD 1.0.1 (the loading screen is glitched, but the game works fine)

- Angry Birds Season HD 1.3.0

- Angry Birds Season 2.5.0

- Angry Birds Rio 1.4.4

- Angry Birds 2.3.0

- Cut the Rope 1.0.0

known to work on maemo but untested

see here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Apkenv/Game_Compatibility

known issues

please be aware that apks must NOT contain SPACES in their filepath! if someone has a quick hint how to pass the arguments correctly using the system call that contain paths with spaces, i'd be happy to know! (probably fixed)

Is it possible to combine the modules into one library that works with all the games?

Working fine here, Pandora classic (600mhz).

Angry bird space and the rabbit game 2.

Congratulations, nice job. =)

MarTinazzI

This is awesome!  I only use android for a couple of games on my cc.  Mainly my angry birds fruit ninja and world of goo.  So this is much better than booting up full android just to play a couple.  Would be nice if I could get world of goo working then I wouldn't need the gingerbread pnd at all.

I can seem to play most of my angry birds, but can't get seasons working, also, the rabbit game 2 seems to work but I didn't figure the goal or how to play exactly will look into it more thanks again.

Wondering, if other keyboard mappings will happen later, like 'back' rather than having to exit and go back in.  

Also, keys etc. in the gui menu and a button to run would be nice.  I'm sure this one is planned, but a great first release for sure.  Its worth it just to be able to place my angry birds.

I must give this a try later or over the weekend, I'm assuming we need to track down those exact apk's or else they won't work?

OK I have Angry Birds Space up and running, thought I'd downloaded the right version for Seasons but it doesn't want to start! Very impressive beginning anyway, thanks for all the hard work!

Tried Angry Birds Seasons, unforuntately only black screen with intro music playing in the background :(

Games are great, but any hope of running Skype with this? Since in Android the microphone does not work, your effort is our only hope to get a working skype version :) ANy idea how much it would be?

thanks for testing and good to see it works on other pandoras, too. had some troubles packaging the pnd... it seems a reflash of my pandy is soon to come.

@JePP: be sure to have the correct version of the apk, could you tell me the number you're using?. at least if the sound works it's not too bad. loading also takes quite a long time, too. the loading screen with hd versions is bugged btw.

Games are great, but any hope of running Skype with this? Since in Android the microphone does not work, your effort is our only hope to get a working skype version :) ANy idea how much it would be?
didnt take a look at the skype apk as of yet. but i think it'll be a lot of work to get it supported. i think writing a whole new ui would be required, because apkenv just works with gles and nothing android native.

Back