2013 DragonBox Coding competition closed!

Wally

I am a banana!
Hello,

What an impressive selection of applications we have this year.

I am pleased to announce the competition closed.

Our entries this year are as follows:

Applications:

apkenv + apkenv.ui - Submitted by crow_riot

Claws Mail - Submitted by Canseco

Code::Blocks and CommandLine Compile Everything - Submitted by ptitSeb

EasyTAG - Submitted by Canseco

Imagination 3.0 - Submitted by Farox

LibreOffice 4.1 - Submitted by ptitSeb

PLUM - Submitted by freamon

potpourli - Submitted by DREDD

RISC OS - Submitted by Raik

SOLEIL - Submitted by Linux-SWAT

Xplanet - Submitted by F_Slim

Total of 11 Applications

Emulators:

8Blitter - Submitted by Lordus.

DraStic - Submitted by Exophase

PPSSPP - Submitted by ptitSeb

Total of 3 Emulators

Original Games:

AquaVenture - Submitted by iprice

Chav Fighter - Submitted by slenkar

Earth Invasion - Submitted by mcobit
Escape from Castle - Submitted by KidPaddle

Eval Master - Submitted by Linux-SWAT

Frootopia - Submitted by iprice

Hexgem - Submitted by pepone

Microbes! - Submitted by _wb_

Muon - Submitted by slaeshjag 

Number Mind - Submitted by Yoshi

P01: Trigger Happy - Submitted by pmprog

Puzzletube - Submitted by Ziz

zTunnel - Submitted by Green7

Total of 13 Original Games

Ported Games:

EDuke32 - Submitted by mcobit

PanLink - By Nilsnsn

Stratagus - Submitted by Canseco

Widelands - Submitted by Canseco 

XLogical - Submitted by ptitSeb

Total of 5 Ported Games

All up we have 32 entries which have been announced here on OpenPandora Boards. There's bound to be more that ED knows about

Last edited by a moderator:
some very, very nice looking stuff there.

I'll say thanks to everyone and good luck then :)

Would like to try all these out, some interesting apps and games.

DraStic also is good news, didn't know Prof Leyton was ready for Pandora, very nice

...and cheers for collation Wally

Thats an really awesome list there cO

Thx for all those great releases !

Going to try them all out as soon as I find time for them

Keep up the good work all !

EDIT : I just gave "DraStic" and "LibreOffice" a try... those two already "blew" me away... ^^

Gosh.. this is going to take some time testing all out cO

Would be good if a zip file could be downloaded with every competition entry in it as a PND.

Then when the PND's are put on the memory card they all show in a new folder or menu under competition/category

Would be good if a zip file could be downloaded with every competition entry in it as a PND.

Then when the PND's are put on the memory card they all show in a new folder or menu under competition/category
I guess there will be, as ED announced he will create "official" entry threads on Monday: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12025-release-of-entries-voting-and-prizes/

Such a zip file has been provided at the past competition, therefore I don't see a reason why this won't happen again this time.

Hmmm, I see you didn't actually look at the FTP server to see what was uploaded; My game was never submitted. It wasn't even close to being playable :(

Hmmm, I see you didn't actually look at the FTP server to see what was uploaded; My game was never submitted. It wasn't even close to being playable :(
Do you still need Allegro 5 for your game?
Not for Trigger Happy, I was using Sparrow3D for that; I just never coded anything more than the vid that went up on my YouTube.

That said, I've been spending a bit of time working on my Allegro 5 game framework, joining in enet so I can add network support. It'll be a long time before I probably ever get a game out :(

I wasn't aware I could :p
I don't know if you can. Was mine the only project not to actually get submitted in the end? If so, that's even more depressing :(

I don't know if you can. Was mine the only project not to actually get submitted in the end? If so, that's even more depressing  :(
potpourli also wasn't submitted.

No need to be depressed though, I've got more competitions planned, as this one was really awesome :D

I wasn't aware I could :p
I don't know if you can. Was mine the only project not to actually get submitted in the end? If so, that's even more depressing :(
Don't be depressed. I also didn't submit in the Original Game too. In fact, it's been at least 6 months I didn't touch it.

Don't be depressed. I also didn't submit in the Original Game too. In fact, it's been at least 6 months I didn't touch it.
You at least managed to submit *something* though.
On the plus side, hopefully by the time I am ready and able to make a game for the Pandora lunchbochs' GL->GLES wrapper will be complete and we'll have Allegro 5.1 running super smooth with it :) (although we'll probably be on Allegro 6 by that point)

You at least managed to submit *something* though.

On the plus side, hopefully by the time I am ready and able to make a game for the Pandora lunchbochs' GL->GLES wrapper will be complete and we'll have Allegro 5.1 running super smooth with it :) (although we'll probably be on Allegro 6 by that point)
On the Allegro 5.1 side, I have some Hardware support ready. Most examples compile and runs fine, and both demos that compile (speed and the asteroid thingy) also runs fine (and fast). But when I tried it with Meka, I had problems, so it's not ready yet (mouse handling is broken for now, and many blitting on surface that are not the backbuffer seems to fail).

I think without the competition I would have given up on my frontend at some point (or postponed it indefinately) because of all the problems I had. Deadlines are a good motivator ;)

The compo brought a lot of nice stuff to the Pandora in all departments, including original games. So I'd say it was a great success already (everybody wins).

I think without the competition I would have given up on my frontend at some point (or postponed it indefinately) because of all the problems I had. Deadlines are a good motivator ;)

The compo brought a lot of nice stuff to the Pandora in all departments, including original games. So I'd say it was a great success already (everybody wins).
Yes, that's true. There are many impressive titles in all categories. The voting will be a tough choice !!!

Back