[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

Like some mentioned earlier, I use Openbox by default.  And I have the warlock bar at top.  It seems apkenv gui though seems to pass touch input back to desktop because one of the progs in warlock bar will launch as well when I choose with touch in apkenv gui.  It works fine when I use the keys to choose instead.  Just wanted to let you know.  Its probably no biggie to most just wanted to let you know.

Like some mentioned earlier, I use Openbox by default.  And I have the warlock bar at top.  It seems apkenv gui though seems to pass touch input back to desktop because one of the progs in warlock bar will launch as well when I choose with touch in apkenv gui.  It works fine when I use the keys to choose instead.  Just wanted to let you know.  Its probably no biggie to most just wanted to let you know.
hm wondering what is causing this. just using simple SDL here, nothing fancy... probably going to install openbox to check.

about world of goo, i think i'm going to scrap that. i've invested a considerable amount of time to get it working, i might spend another day (err... night) but dont hold your breath for it.

so from the games side, any wishes except PvsZ? I wanna try Street Fighter IV and add some screen-to-button mapping with it, too. Have it on my iphone and it's terrible with the onscreen controls :/

about world of goo, i think i'm going to scrap that. i've invested a considerable amount of time to get it working, i might spend another day (err... night) but dont hold your breath for it.

so from the games side, any wishes except PvsZ? I wanna try Street Fighter IV and add some screen-to-button mapping with it, too. Have it on my iphone and it's terrible with the onscreen controls :/
Too bad WoG won't work :(  

About Street Fighter IV, will it run on acceptable speed on Pandora ? Isn't it supposed to be very resource hungry ? 

A few other ideas for game candidates:

Flight Director

Osmos

Spirits

Quantro

Trainyard Express

Among others. 

tiny update.

- worked on a PvsZ module, but the mr. SEGFAULT is back again :angry:

- refined lib unpacking code so that at least all libs within trainyard express load and I can start writing a module for it.

- jet car stunts, grabbed the lite version and looked inside. could work, but not tested anything yet.

from the maemo forums, cut the rope works until version 1.3.1, but not tested by myself yet.

Wow,i must try this again.

In the first version worked only Angrybirds for me.

Yesterday Evening had i a new Android Setted up here at Home with the amazing Chainfire 3D.

Maybe you can integrate Chainfire 3D too?

Then you have maybe more grafical Combatibility.

There is a PowerVR Plugin for Chainfire and it work with Rebirth and 1Ghz Versions.

I tested it and work not bad on Pandora.

When you want send i the Freeware to you.

When you can integrate this Grafical Libs,maybe you have a more combatible APKEnv.

But this was just an Idea,

Thanks for letting me know about amazing alex. i'll add it to the compatibility list.

The end of the compo is nearing. didn't really have much time to continue working on support modules lately (real life caught me ... baby u know ;) ).

Looked into PvsZ again and got one step further and found the reason why it segfaulted (with the help of notaz (<<thanks!) i installed -dbg libs) in the first place. now need to find a workaround for it. cause with my quickhack the game now just tells me "not enough memory" :p

trainyard express uses objective-c (libobjc) compiled for linux and crashes there. i might try to compile my own and see then.

the cool thing if i get PvsZ and trainyard running is, that they're using marmalade and cocos2d-x which would open a greater variety of supported games. we'll see ... or not :)

if someone has android on the pandora running, i'd be interested in getting the output from /proc/meminfo ( ... cat /proc/meminfo >meminfo.txt ) on android. this and some bogus call on sscanf crashes on PvsZ.

Last edited by a moderator:
meminfo from within android running on SZ 1.53

MemTotal: 500268 kB
MemFree: 20644 kB
Buffers: 35364 kB
Cached: 273340 kB
SwapCached: 1732 kB
Active: 175616 kB
Inactive: 232312 kB
Active(anon): 93832 kB
Inactive(anon): 7428 kB
Active(file): 81784 kB
Inactive(file): 224884 kB
Unevictable: 0 kB
Mlocked: 0 kB
SwapTotal: 125060 kB
SwapFree: 120884 kB
Dirty: 432 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 97780 kB
Mapped: 53076 kB
Shmem: 2036 kB
Slab: 36392 kB
SReclaimable: 26000 kB
SUnreclaim: 10392 kB
KernelStack: 2936 kB
PageTables: 8664 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
WritebackTmp: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 375192 kB
Committed_AS: 1324896 kB
VmallocTotal: 385024 kB
VmallocUsed: 30600 kB
VmallocChunk: 336900 kB
HugePages_Total: 0
HugePages_Free: 0
HugePages_Rsvd: 0
HugePages_Surp: 0
Hugepagesize: 2048 kB

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably too late for suggestions now, but I'll give them anyway for consideration (for future releases):

Caustic

Jetpack Joyride

Radiant Defense

Robotek

Plague Inc

Beastie Bay

Epic Astro Story

Everlands HD

Jelly Defense

Worms

Probably too late for suggestions now, but I'll give them anyway for consideration (for future releases):

Caustic

Jetpack Joyride

Radiant Defense

Robotek

Plague Inc

Beastie Bay

Epic Astro Story

Everlands HD

Jelly Defense

Worms
It's never too late to ask :)

Jetpack Joyride crashes, it starts with the same module that is available for fruit ninja and even starts to load. and then. kaboom.

Worms could be a good goal, cause we're playing worms in the office quite a lot. All the other games I've never heard of, so I need to take a look.

I've continued debugging PvZ but well, it's so unthankful. Having fixed one segfault, just the next one waits around the corner. So nothing with this either :-(

Jet Car Stunts: now got some time to look into it. This one seems easy to create a module for. They're doing pretty much everything native. Going to wrap up a module for it tonite (if baby+mum permit ;) ).

Deadline is approaching, so i hope to get at least one other module working. Module writing is really timeconsuming, so I'm going to do some detailled write up how to create modules, so that some other people could jump in and extend the functionality.

If you want to choose only one to tackle - check out Beastie Bay: It's free, made by Kierosoft, and it's graphic style would fit the Pandora perfectly.

you start off shipwrecked on an island... It's a bit like sim-city crossed with pokemon.

Caustic you pay for but it's the top music creation software for Android - think it would be a great addition for the Pandora especially with our audio hardware.

Back