[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

I'd like to play DeadSpace on Pandora (i have on my Galaxy S).

I also looked into trying to create a module...but my skills is very limited. :(

I personally dont have much time to write modules and as you see it's really tiresome. I think we'll need notaz to explain how his workflow is. Sometimes i wonder if he has more tools in his hands than we have to get everything working :)
I don't think I'm doing something special, I just had a bit of time to spend on it lately, although I'll admit sometimes using IDA helps. And it's also not all successes, I have several modules stuck on difficult problems too, like Osmos touching low level pthread structures for whatever reason, loading (and using?) GLESv1 and v2 symbols at the same time and having some sort of objc runtime inside. As expected it's all crashing violently :eek:

Sonic4 was easy in comparison, just implemented missing stuff and it just worked, no debugging needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Version in the repo!

http://repo.openpand...v.crow_riot.app

Whats's new?

New Modules

Notaz + Liar did great work and now Plants vs Zombies is supported.

there are also a lot of changes under the hood which are mainly not for interest for the normal end user i guess :)

---

I've tested Plants vs Zombies shortly and also launched all supported games. Hope everything is working fine, please report back any problems. Thanks!

I personally dont have much time to write modules and as you see it's really tiresome. I think we'll need notaz to explain how his workflow is. Sometimes i wonder if he has more tools in his hands than we have to get everything working :)
I don't think I'm doing something special, I just had a bit of time to spend on it lately, although I'll admit sometimes using IDA helps. And it's also not all successes, I have several modules stuck on difficult problems too, like Osmos touching low level pthread structures for whatever reason, loading (and using?) GLESv1 and v2 symbols at the same time and having some sort of objc runtime inside. As expected it's all crashing violently :eek:

Sonic4 was easy in comparison, just implemented missing stuff and it just worked, no debugging needed.
Oooh, never thought of using IDA ... didnt know it supports ARM / elf stuff. I only know it a little from my windows background  :)

also came across that objc runtime inside. pretty nasty i guess - i thought it could help compiling a version of that lib for the pandora and wrap all functions ... but yeah time ... :s

*edit*

but since i've got some time right now, i just fired up some old apk i've tried - Jetpack Joyride - and now i was able to fix a crash and finally see a loading screen :)

*edit2*

just merged liar's code into a separate branch and now magically Jetpack Joyride works - can't hear sound yet, but thats hopefully not too difficult.

Omg! Why wasting time on Sonic 4? That is such a boring game! I better play the originals in PicoDrive, but it looks cool in a developer achievement way.
It looks great, nice graphics imho. ^^" Not played yet but I spent some time on the official Sonic 4 Website where you can watch tons of screenshots and much better, you can also listen to the ingame Music, nice tracks.  So the game can't be that bad actualy, did I mention the gazillion beautiful Parallax Layers yet? :D

I have no experience with Android Devices or games, so how does this work? Getting the game and then? I really would like to play Plants vs. Zombies on my Pandora, hope it works on classic CC Pandoras. ^^""

Bestway would be bundled apkenvs like super hexagon. If not I believe you need to buy them from google play store or other stores and put the game data in the right directory. We need more commercial ready to use software in the repo^^

Thanks for giving us Plants vs Zombies, another great game that I own from the Humble Bundle.

Would love to see Sonic 4 as well, I own both episodes already so would be great if you guys get it to a release state.  

Which version of Plants vs Zombies works with this? I installed the newest version on Android via my Pandora last night, then extracted the APK, but don't seem to be having great luck so far, do I need to copy across the additional data files the games downloads in Android as well, or should that download happen automatically through apkenv? Also is Peggle on the list of supported games? It starts to load and shows me a few splash screens, then quits back to the desktop. I will admit I was testing these briefly last ngiht when I was really worn out, so my testing was far from thorough!! :blink:

@stouffa: i've tested version 1.2, which works fine. I've also tried some other versions that do additional downloads, but had no luck. I think the best way is to try to get a prebundled version that doesnt do additional downloads - I think the humble bundle version is like that (but I can be wrong here)

I took the version I had downloaded from HumbleBundle, and it seemed to boot up fine.

Just out of interest, why do different versions of the same game require their own profile? I can understand they might call different functions or libs than previous versions in some cases, I'm just curious about why a profile could not work with different versions of a program if its requirements and dependencies have not changed.

The profile is created for each file name.  If you rename the apk to match the profile you can upgrade (as long as upgraded version runs) and use your old profile.

Thanks, great update! Will pull the goodness soon!
I've merged notaz+liars latest changes into a separate branch, where I'm going to mess around and cherry-pick what I'll use in the master branch, here:

https://github.com/crowriot/apkenv/tree/liar

It took me some time to figure out why make failed - until i realized i need to

-) add -march=armv7-a as a compiler flag (otherwise the compiler complained about the blx instruction is not supported)

-) use the toolchains objdump, or the required instruction files were not created.

but with that, liars latest changes to debug non-hooked calls and notaz gles/gles2 wrappers are brilliant, you might want to use them - i think that will help you track down the problems with your last module.

Just out of interest, why do different versions of the same game require their own profile? I can understand they might call different functions or libs than previous versions in some cases, I'm just curious about why a profile could not work with different versions of a program if its requirements and dependencies have not changed.
I've asked that question myself at the first place, but usually with continuous development, programmers use new functions, refine their code and so new dependencies are pulled in, which then are needed to be looked in again.

Actually, I just got around to playing PvZ this morning, and noticed all the sound effects are played at twice the speed. Perhaps they are at 22050Hz and are being played back at 44100Hz? Aside from that, the game runs fine.

I there a List which Games are supported actualy?

Your Project support more than the listed Games in your first Port ^_^

Actually, I just got around to playing PvZ this morning, and noticed all the sound effects are played at twice the speed. Perhaps they are at 22050Hz and are being played back at 44100Hz? Aside from that, the game runs fine.
I noticed the same in Worms - i guess we need to look into that.

I there a List which Games are supported actualy?

Your Project support more than the listed Games in your first Port ^_^
yes it's in the repo description: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=apkenv.crow_riot.app

Back