Release Angry Birds for Pandora

but downloading/distributing a game you do not have the rights to is illegal.

Yes of course, i said it few posts before:

Of course im not saying its legal. Its not.. only thing im saying: there are "stealing" and "using / share software without harming a producer". For example.. A week ago Atari INC. started to fight with web pages which are releated with roms and atari 2600 content. Atari never tried to help preserving these roms, and if some webpages wouldnt preserve it, Atari couldnt release any roms right now on XB360 or PS3. These webpages never intended to harm a Atari inc.

If we look at this from Atari's view we can say emulators harms Atari inc. much more than released roms. Withuot emulators there will not be problems with roms..

a) this alleged AB-pnd (that I didn't see) is, by all signs, not legit, therefore illegal to distribute

B) the distributing party, if the pnd remains accessible from the wiki or from these forums, would quite likely be deemed to be ED, OpenPandora GmbH, or both.

Therefore the pnd must go, and all links to it. Unless we'd rather see ED spend the next year in a prolonged legal battle with assorted mobile lawyers instead of building pandoras.

Of course, heroically standing up against the evil forces of copyright lawyers is a noble activity, but if have a choice in the matter, I'd rather see someone else do that.
Yes, i know, ..every links *must* be removed, since ED could have a lot of problems with *legality* of links.

Anyway i love to talk, about "copyrights and law" because its like religion. Everoyne have other view for subject..

Last edited:
bleh, getting error, glibc detected free invalid next size fast , back to the ipad!

I think it runs awesome and feels unlike most programs on the Pandora.... which is professional. Guy who ported it should get praise, wonder if the same method can be applied to other games?

This. It's a shame that other Pandora software isn't this polished. Well, it's almost there - it uses some pretty odd keys on the keyboard, but that's the only gripe for me.

D.

i can't believe i missed this :( it is illegal but i'll take my chances if i could get a download now. i do understand that the boards can't have illegal software links so they don't get into trouble but i wish that google had chached it.

I think it runs awesome and feels unlike most programs on the Pandora.... which is professional. Guy who ported it should get praise, wonder if the same method can be applied to other games?

This. It's a shame that other Pandora software isn't this polished. Well, it's almost there - it uses some pretty odd keys on the keyboard, but that's the only gripe for me.

D.

Well since the majority of the Pandora's games are retro games I can see where you guys are mixing up previous generation games with not polished..

And seriously why should someone who just repackaged a phone version of this game get any credit for Angry Bird's polished look.. That was all done by the real developer.

It's a shame that other Pandora software isn't this polished. Well, it's almost there - it uses some pretty odd keys on the keyboard, but that's the only gripe for me.
Well you can't really expect a homebrew coder on his free time to do something of same quality as a game studio, with a dedicated team of devs and graphic/sound artists. Wiki says it has cost them 100000EUR just to make initial version of the game with 63 levels.

And can't really see what your problem is with key bindings for a touchscreen-only game.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it might be the html 5 web app turned into a pnd and thats free...who ever still has the file take it apart and let us know

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we would ask Rovio to release a Pandora version of this game..this will be the first commercial game for the platform....

I think we would ask Rovio to release a Pandora version of this game..this will be the first commercial game for the platform....
Why would they? There are about 2800 users. There is no way they are going to earn any money with this.

Why would they? There are about 2800 users. There is no way they are going to earn any money with this.
Because it apparently already exists, it costs them nothing to port. Every sale they would make would be 100% profit, all they'd have to do is give us a way to give them money for a properly licensed copy.

Assuming the existing version is good, requires no support from them, etc... then yes, maybe.

Then again, I don't believe that Angry Birds is a particularly expensive game either and it's a big question how many of those 2800 are willing to buy the game.

It's the same country that forces games to have green blood.

Or no blood at all. :D But our censorship is only violent wise, unlike USA where it is sexual wise. So I'm actualy glad to live in germany and enjoy the uncensored "nacked truth" even in regular Free TV at afternoon if I want. ;) Good luck with this in USA. ^^

D.
Angry Birds showed us, what is possible on the Pandora. I always had this quality in mind when I buyed my Homebrew Handheld. It is possible, even for non professional Coders, see Gems like Super geometry Dust or great Ports like Frogatto, Wesnoth and so on. We just need more Teamwork and less "Lonesome Cowboy Coding", Then the Pandora can match with every other Mobile Device on the Market, I'm sure.

I really hope we can see this and other games legaly on the Pandora. Actualy, the Angry Birds Developers sold so much of their game (over 12 Millions says Wikipedia), they could be a little bit generous to us. ;)

Has anybody opened up the PND? I'm not interested in Angry Birds, but if it's easy to slot the Skype client in (which is free), I'd love to see that (yes, I know it's text only, but still handy)

So apart from E and Q. What other keys are there? how do you zoom out for instance!
That is kind of quirky... Hold down "5" and use the touchscreen to simulate multi-touch. Also, <backspace> (or delete... the key in the upper right corner :) is like <escape> you can back all the way to the top menu and then exit gracefully from there.

Back