Release Angry Birds for Pandora

Before the end of next week, the guy who ported this will reveal himself on this site, possibly even this thread. Called it!

Last edited by a moderator:
What if you already paid for the game? Does it matter what platform it is on? The porting without permission I'm sure that in itself is illegal.
When you pay for a game, typically you pay for a license of that particular copy and that copy alone, and it does not transfer to other platforms. There are exceptions to this, but usually it's quite clearly stated by the developer or publisher when this is true. In this case it sounds very illegitimate (at least from reading this thread), so maybe someone reverse engineered a copy of the game, perhaps that HTML5 version that was released a little while ago.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

What if you already paid for the game? Does it matter what platform it is on?
Yes it does. You might not agree with it, but unless the vendor decides otherwise you are legally not allowed to download it even if you already own a dozen versions of it.

[edit]Too slow.. :) [/edit]

What if you already paid for the game? Does it matter what platform it is on?
Yes it does. You might not agree with it, but unless the vendor decides otherwise you are legally not allowed to download it even if you already own a dozen versions of it.

[edit]Too slow.. :) [/edit]

There was no question of agreement. There was a question of legality. I will review the terms of use again.

This also raises the issue of needing support for takedown notices on apps.openpandora.org, repo.openpandora.org and the wiki itself (including the removal of history records). None of these sites seem to have an obviously visible link for contacting an administrator.
on each app in the repo there is a link that says "report" at the top left of the app details, this is for reporting any issues with apps be it technical or legal.

It seems pretty clear to me. It would appear that Rovio, the copyright-holder, has not produced or authorised this port.

Accordingly, I don't think we can let the link stay here.

If someone can step forward and prove that Rovio did produce or authorise it, then of course the link can be returned.

DAMN I have to be faster... no cached thread or anything =( mabye someone can contact Rovio and ask them nicely to put a couple of adds on the pandora port so we can play!

EDIT: and also ask whether it can indeed be allowed to pay on the pandora =]

The daft thing is I'd be willing to pay for a legit copy. But hey, when have salesmen ever been sensible?

Is everyone glad the bloody link is gone? I am. What a rubbish game, and how unethical to post an unauthorised port here, on these boards, among these fine, law abiding people!

Anyone who missed the boat, but still wants to vent about this heinous act of piracy can PM me.

Horrible. Just horrible ;)

Prometheus, the link to the file was quoted in one of the posts futher down the thread. You might want to remove that as well.

I've alerted PandoraPress. This ought to get real interesting.
I am wondering, which one of us did you alert, because I have not found a mail in the official account, nor a PM in my inbox, nor a comment regarding this on the blog.

Anyway, I agree that this should not be published until matters of copyright and ownership are cleared.

Shame it's not legit, because it plays really nice.

It's not Java by the way, the pnd contains arm executables / libraries, plus some (encrypted?) lua scripts. I think mobile game developers write games in whatever language, then wrap them in objective-C for the iphone, and in Java for Android. So this is maybe an Android version with the Java layer wrapping taken off? (I could be very wrong about all this).

It uses keyboard controls (e.g. 'Q' to quit, 'E' for menu) so this was developed for something with a keyboard? I'm confused and intrigued by it all.

Prometheus, the link to the file was quoted in one of the posts futher down the thread. You might want to remove that as well.

Guys, I know it's kinda off-topic, but I think this is a good time to introduce my latest art project.

This thread is totally illegal anyway, and I think it's best to change the subject. Nobody ever got in trouble for art, right?

I call this one, Almost Untitled: Dot Colony in Mating Season. It's a really surreal piece, meant to convey the message of how our data exchange systems have taken on a life of their own, and almost have a way of reproducing themselves.

imgrc-trolled.png

Just remember, the dots aren't just "mating," they're making sweet love. Also, they are all wearing condoms.

aTc looked into the files and he said it looks like the nokia N900/800 (cant remember which) version and that device has the same arm as ours and librarys or something.

It is version 1.6.2, which - according to Wikipedia - only exists for Android, Windows and MacOSX.

The latest Maemo (N900 version) is 1.5.1.

So it can't be the N900 version.

Aqua, that's not exactly subtle. I don't want to be a downer, but I'm more worried about the boards getting sued, or at least slugged with a takedown notice (which can be nastier than it sounds), which is a real possibilty given how litigious mobile developers tend to be.

I'd be suprised if it didn't fint its way onto certain torrent sites before long anyway - let them handle the risk of transferring the illegal software.

Very well. I'll behave. Should the moderators not see the beauty in my art, I shall respect their decision!

I saw its beauty, but I made a few subtle modifications of my own. I believe my additions enhance its beauty and really serve to convey a deeper and more profound meaning.

I saw its beauty, but I made a few subtle modifications of my own. I believe my additions enhance its beauty and really serve to convey a deeper and more profound meaning.

I really admire how you made the dots further apart in your version, as if they'd suddenly stopped mid-coitus and turned opposite ways in an awkward act of mutual disgust.

A truly heart-wrenching piece; it really puts you there... You must have real experience with this very sort of thing quite often, to be able to produce this sort of work.

Jokes aside, this cannot be pirated. There's a Q key binding to exit.... pray tell what other Linux ARM devices do not have a Home key, thus necessitating the extra keybinding? Wouldn't it be quite hard to insert this type of functionality into an already-compiled executable?

You'd need to disassemble the whole thing and be able to understand it at the lowest level before you could inject something like that. Sure, it's possible... but I smell FISH STICKS... Perhaps we really got a 3rd party company interested in the Pandora?

I mean, notice that the obviously better and ever-expanding Angry Birds: Seasons has not been released. Perhaps we're meant to buy that one. :p

Back