Release Angry Birds for Pandora

MichaelXX2

Still Fresh
Well, it's finally happened. Angry Birds (yes, the real, actual, legit version) has been ported to the Open Pandora. The only problem is, no one knows who packaged it. It just sort of appeared on the wiki. Does anyone have any information on the packager?

[Link removed - sorry]

EDIT: By the way, while I do have the PND in my possession, I'm not giving it out to anyone through PMs. My ass isn't about to be raped by the legal penalties that may or may not ensue from this port's existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, three people claim it works. I can confirm that the content of the PND is legitimate.

0_o

Downloaded.

I don't even have a Pandora. I downloaded.

no one said it was legitimate? this could be illegal if ROVIO didnt port and package this or at least authorise it.

I can however confirm the PND does work.

Well, it's finally happened. Angry Birds (yes, the real, actual, legit version) has been ported to the Open Pandora. The only problem is, no one knows who packaged it. It just sort of appeared on the wiki. Does anyone have any information on the packager?

*** link removed by mod ***
Ported? It's written in Java right? No porting required! Someone probably slapped up their android copy.

no one said it was legitimate? this could be illegal if ROVIO didnt port and package this or at least authorise it.

I can however confirm the PND does work.

But could it actually be legitimate? This PND could be just a repackaged binary from a mobile phone with an ARM7a. So technically this was not ported. Pirated on the other hand... maybe.

looks beautiful on the pandora. I'm used to my phone's tiny screen. Too bad I already burned myself out on this game. Funny thing is, the game seems to play better with my finger than with a stylus.

I can't believe no one is claiming responsibility for this, must be shady.

looks beautiful on the pandora. I'm used to my phone's tiny screen. Too bad I already burned myself out on this game. Funny thing is, the game seems to play better with my finger than with a stylus.

I can't believe no one is claiming responsibility for this, must be shady.

There is no license anywhere in the pnd. I do indeed find this to be pirated.

Interesting, so this is the famous "Angry Birds". Pretty nice game, I don't have any smartphones so I never played the game. However, it works niceley on the Pandora, even with the Stylus. I am not a fan of finger rubbing touchscreen orgies in games so I just use the stylus, feels much better for me as old schooler and keeps the screen fingerprint free. :D

Because of legal/illegal... is Angry Birds free or does it cost money, how is the actual legal situation in general of this game?

Interesting, so this is the famous "Angry Birds". Pretty nice game, I don't have any smartphones so I never played the game. However, it works niceley on the Pandora, even with the Stylus. I am not a fan of finger rubbing touchscreen orgies in games so I just use the stylus, feels much better for me as old schooler and keeps the screen fingerprint free. :D

Because of legal/illegal... is Angry Birds free or does it cost money, how is the actual legal situation in general of this game?
on the droid marketplace the is a free, ad supported version and a paid version. the pandora version does not have ads

Pandora Version has some social network links inside, that's more than enough Add for my taste. :D

It also seems that we have alot of Episodes and levels included, not bad. ^^ However, the legal situation should be cleared.

It seems pretty clear to me. It would appear that Rovio, the copyright-holder, has not produced or authorised this port.

Accordingly, I don't think we can let the link stay here.

If someone can step forward and prove that Rovio did produce or authorise it, then of course the link can be returned.

Oh boy, it is highly unlikely that this is a legal port.

PandoraPress should NOT advertise this on their site until it has been determined that this is indeed legal.

This also raises the issue of needing support for takedown notices on apps.openpandora.org, repo.openpandora.org and the wiki itself (including the removal of history records). None of these sites seem to have an obviously visible link for contacting an administrator.

What if you already paid for the game? Does it matter what platform it is on? The porting without permission I'm sure that in itself is illegal.

Back