Aluminium Case ready for preorder! (2014-07-18)

I was about $15 short, so I'm waiting till next check.  I'm not exactly sure between the two colors yet either.

I was about $15 short, so I'm waiting till next check.  I'm not exactly sure between the two colors yet either.
I wasn't to sure either, but I just went with my preferred regular Pandora color. I never really liked the black color much, and when the platinum was announced, I like that even less. But once I got my 1Ghz unit, I really found the platinum to be the way to go. I went with the grey, and I think it's a solid choice. 

Chris

It would be interesting if Ed could put the order counter on this website ... and put a message stating something to the effect that this is a project to support the creation of the Pandora aluminum case.  Not sure if it this would help increase the numer of order to 100 quicker, if not this post is used to pump this topic back to the top so new folks can see this and perhaps put in more orders :D

It would be interesting if Ed could put the order counter on this website ... and put a message stating something to the effect that this is a project to support the creation of the Pandora aluminum case.  Not sure if it this would help increase the numer of order to 100 quicker, if not this post is used to pump this topic back to the top so new folks can see this and perhaps put in more orders :D
A counter could be quite helpful. I really look forward to placing some orders on the aluminium case soon. Is there a specific deadline set on collecting the preorders?

22 = 100.  Let's start making them :)  I'm sure once these 22 are made, thousands orders will follow once people see how good these Al cases are.

Same here, 99,- is a lot of money for just a case.
Heh, look at these shitty cases for the iPad.  $100 bucks for an Alumunimum case that can protect your Pandora from a nuclear strike is not that bad.  Plus, it's made by a one person and not by big greedy corporations out there.

This is a niche product so you have to pay niche price.

If we had a donation from one person who had pockets as deep as the people who buy David August ipad cases we would be set.

I'm a little low on funds myself, but I always try to support grassroots efforts like this, so I order one. I would like to have gotten one of each, but that will have to wait. This case is really a dream come true, especially considering how many cracks I have had over the years. 

Chris

One Idea to sell the Alu cases even better could be to give every buyer an option to have his name or nickname carved into the Case. :) Not sure if this will add costs but if not it could more people convince to get one unique Alu Case. ^^

sell your pandora
tumblr_mcinjh9ukK1qbxu7d.png

^That is the other side of it.  Many portable devices have been sold with the option to have something engraved.  If people sell them the buyer probably just covers it up, but how many of these devices are usually sold used?  With 100 or so Al cased Pandoras I doubt many would be sold.  Probably a higher percentage than old ipods, but still less than 100.  That is assuming everyone puts their name on it.  I want to put some numbers or something on mine.

But then it will be hard to sell your pandora later because I don't want my Pandora to have "Fusion Power" on it :p
It's always Fusion_Power by the way.  -_-   

Engraving would be optional of course and overall, if you want to sell your Pandora on day, maybe you should not buy the Alu-case then.  ;) And if you love your Pandora, you don't sell it at all! ^^

Or just sell the internals with the old case and keep the Alu Case. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back