Release [Alpha] UAE4ARM

I installed the Picasso 96 version of Classic WB on my Pandora, took a while but got there eventually! Not seen any graphical issues so far, I got Fire and Ice Aga up and running which didn't previously work and the control and graphics issues I had with Worms DC are gone, but there's still a lag with the sound, even when I try reduce the sound quality?

Nevertheless this is a very impressive emulator, it can only get better from here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I set up Picasso96 as well and have a lot of graphical issues when scrolling through folders. Looks to me if it doesn't update the changes properly.

Also, when using the nub as mouse it often has invisible borders in the middle of the screen (works fine using DPad).

And yes, sound has about a 0.5 - 1 second lag.

Despite those issues, very impressive :)

Running a workbench with 16bit colors on 800x480 and proper keyboard layout... neat :)

BTW I think WinUAE has some mouse hack for touchscreens included (only works with standard workbench, but that would be a start), is that implemented somewhere?

Interesting, I set up Picasso96 as well and have a lot of graphical issues when scrolling through folders. Looks to me if it doesn't update the changes properly.

Also, when using the nub as mouse it often has invisible borders in the middle of the screen (works fine using DPad).

And yes, sound has about a 0.5 - 1 second lag.

Despite those issues, very impressive :)

Running a workbench with 16bit colors on 800x480 and proper keyboard layout... neat :)

BTW I think WinUAE has some mouse hack for touchscreens included (only works with standard workbench, but that would be a start), is that implemented somewhere?
The invisible border bug has been around for a long time on UAE4ALL as well, if you drag the mouse up and down fully on screen once, it will increase, but it sometimes takes a few goes to get it to extend to full height. I've never seen this issue affect the width though oddly. I've not done a huge amount of testing so far with Picasso 96, was happy to get it up and running so I can't comment definitively about graphical bugs on there.

Have some of the UAE4ALL grpahical shortcuts been removed though? I can't get the display status line one to work, and the change width seems to take several attempts before it'll change between normal and double width. Oh and my final query, what exactly is the grey indicator on the status line for?

Oh and my final query, what exactly is the grey indicator on the status line for?
This indicates the idle time in percent of the Pandora CPU (there is a bug somewhere, because in some situation, this shows 100 and needs some time to recover to show correct values)

Stouffa : can you give the link of the picasso version you used please ?
I used the Classic WB Picasso 96 version, and the roms and Kickstarts are from Amiga Forever if I remember. I did the full installation on the Pandora itself and all of my games are run through a HD directory in conjunction with this. I've only really tried one or two games so far, I was focussing on the ones that didn't work or had issues on previous versions of UAE4ALL

The invisible border bug has been around for a long time on UAE4ALL as well, if you drag the mouse up and down fully on screen once, it will increase, but it sometimes takes a few goes to get it to extend to full height.
I have no idea how to solve this one, because I get the mouse movements from SDL and in some situation, these calls reports no changes in one direction anymore. Perhaps something with calibration...

Oh and my final query, what exactly is the grey indicator on the status line for?
This indicates the idle time in percent of the Pandora CPU (there is a bug somewhere, because in some situation, this shows 100 and needs some time to recover to show correct values)
thanks Tom, that clears up that conundrum! :)

Thanks for this new release TomB,

the vertical offset is perfect now ;)

just a few remarks :

• no more logo displayed when using the start key to change from joystick, mouse or custom DPAD
  • under GUI : the ESC key does a soft reset ... maybe better if it does a resume like the select key no ? anyway the {R} makes a reset too

ps.: problem with Great Giana Sisters (adf or whdload versions) ... return to the title screen when pressing fire button, anybody know how to make it work ?

Oh, another small question: Is PrtScrn linked to any button?

It's often used by WHDLoad to exit :)

I installed the Picasso 96 version of Classic WB on my Pandora, took a while but got there eventually! Not seen any graphical issues so far, I got Fire and Ice Aga up and running which didn't previously work and the control and graphics issues I had with Worms DC are gone, but there's still a lag with the sound, even when I try reduce the sound quality?

Nevertheless this is a very impressive emulator, it can only get better from here!
Tried it and it works :)  http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/p96.htm

I have small bugs when the directory has a lot of files in it.

For the sound, MONO instead of STEREO fixed the lag with some games.

The invisible border bug has been around for a long time on UAE4ALL as well, if you drag the mouse up and down fully on screen once, it will increase, but it sometimes takes a few goes to get it to extend to full height.
I have no idea how to solve this one, because I get the mouse movements from SDL and in some situation, these calls reports no changes in one direction anymore. Perhaps something with calibration...
Hi TomB, thanks for your great work.

About the mouse issue, I don't know if it's the same thing, but there were also problems with DosBoxEx (I never managed to play Dark Seed properly due to the mouse pointer being stuck on invisible borders). PtitSeb had investigated the issue, and posted here about a possible solution: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/6231-improved-sdl-for-pandora/?p=292832/URL]

But Notaz seemed to be quite busy at that time, and I don't know if he made improvements on the SDL lib since then. I don't know if it will be useful to you...

Thanks for the emu. Now I've got a HDD set up with WHDLoad, I'm quite excited on getting back into this.

My biggest gripe is that mouse control via the nubs is bad. The arrow doesn't always move in the direction I push the nub, and if you cut the speed down, it'll stop moving the mouse after a second or two of movement.

I've never particularly liked the nubs anyway (I hope the Pyra's are better), so can anyone recommend a nice keyboard friendly frontend to put on my HDD so I can take some reliance off the mouse? I vaguely remember somebody posting a screenshot of one ages ago with the original UAE4ALL, but I can't find it (or am mistaken)

Thanks

Edit: Ah, it was Gib's TinyLauncher I was thinking of, will give that a try :)

Here is another alpha version with these changes:

- JIT: minor optimization of emitted ARM code
 - JIT: bugfix for cycle count
 - JIT: bugfix in emitted code (CMP.W, CMP.B, TST.W and TST. B)
 - JIT: disabled option which caused many problems in Picasso96 (JIT now ~15% slower...)
 - Fixed handling of HDs
 - Bugfix: switch from non JIT to JIT now working after first reset
 - DMS file support
 - Bugfix in FPU: AIBB now working

UAE4ARM.pnd

uae4arm_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    2.5 MB · Views: 354
  • uae4arm_src.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 495
Back