All the nubs are there! (2011 - 01 - 11)

Unless I missed it, where are the cases? I'm waiting to read the thread "Cases have arrived!"

Fatih handled shipping last week, they should be on a boat already (hopefully, as I haven't heard from Fatih during the last days, he seems to be on a business trip but wanted to organize that before).

There are still enough cases for the next 1300 units in UK, so no worries :)

Fatih handled shipping last week, they should be on a boat already (hopefully, as I haven't heard from Fatih during the last days, he seems to be on a business trip but wanted to organize that before).

good to know ed.You must have dreams of soldering irons and pandora speakers when you sleep.So many to solder.Or
nightmares...... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the answer. As long as you guys have all of the parts accounted for, I can wait two weeks more knowing you guys aren't working yourselves to the ground. Thats not good for anyone! I once had a very promising career before burning out, now I regret it.

So they are coming by boat, and not plane?

Is there any chance of those 1300 being finished before the remaining cases arrive by boat?

I know the boat route saves money, but doesn't it take about 2 months that way?

Chris

So they are coming by boat, and not plane?

Is there any chance of those 1300 being finished before the remaining cases arrive by boat?

I know the boat route saves money, but doesn't it take about 2 months that way?

Chris
Approximately 28 - 35 days from China to UK by boat.

Approximately 28 - 35 days from China to UK by boat.
The most important part is that the cost of the transport by boat is only a really small fraction of what it would have been by plane.

I don't think that right now Open Pandora Team has lots of cash.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
28-35 isn't bad at all. They should just about arrive as the last cases are used up at Craigs. Hopefully we don't have a tornado or Giant Squid attacks during the next month. :p

Chris

28-35 isn't bad at all. They should just about arrive as the last cases are used up at Craigs. Hopefully we don't have a tornado or Giant Squid attacks during the next month. :p

Chris
CTHULHU-cielo.jpg

So... no confirmation that they're even on a boat yet.

Mine shipped this afternoon. Order email came through at 19:13 GMT, was told to be 600 - 700. Really surprised my email came today, I thought they were still around 17:00GMT! I was simultaniously delighted and annoyed - I was going to change my shipping address to my student accommodation address, and when I went onto my email, there was the delivery email! XD. Now it's getting shipped to my mum's. If it arrives tomorrow my girlfriend can bring it with her when she comes and visits me on Friday :) .

I knew there was a reason for GFs to exist :)

I've got a question. Am I right to assume I'm approximatly 400th place in batch 2 if I got a mail saying there was about 3500 pandoras to be delivered before mine, I got that E-mail back in October(900 had been delivered)?

3500 + 900 - 4000 = 400

Formula explanation:

(over all place in cue) + (delivered pandoras) - (batch 1 size) = ?

If it is, then there are now 2800(4000+400-1600) before me in cue, and if the production rate is 1000 pandoras/month, then I'm looking at about 3 month(slightly less if everything goes smoothly).

I know this was meant in jest, but it's really not. I function much better in life when I can sleep properly than when I can't.

But modern society tries as hard as it can to screw up the natural sleep cycle.
I know my Pandora completely screwed up my natural sleep cycle, if there's such a thing. It also strangely destroyed the perception I have of time: I start on a small project (like getting gemRB to work, or ripping some of my old PSX cds to rom files, or playing some of my childhood memory games on Atari ST, etc.) at 9pm, thinking I'll be done by 11 and off to bed, and suddenly there's a shift in the space-time continuum and it's 4am...

Back