Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

funny-pictures-auto-Y-U-NO-girl-380869.jpeg

Heroes is returning - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/23/nbc-announces-heroes-reborn-miniseries-for-2015-premiere-and-releases-teaser-trailer

I don't know if anyone here watched Heroes, which ran from 2006-2010 before it was suddenly dropped (without resolving anything), but I loved it.

The last series was the weakest (IMHO), but i still looked forward to the next episode and the finale even had a brief trailer for the next series. But then nothing.

Hopefully it will retain some of the main characters (especially Hiro and Sylar and Claire) others would be welcomed too.

@iprice: Aldi had the Heroes box. Watched a bit.. but it did not held my interest.

I liked the fact they used many ethnic groups. But the story progresses slowly, and like "Lost", introduces too many open ends... maybe I just don't like those type of series... where my L2 cache overflows.

save the pyra, save the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
@iprice: Aldi had the Heroes box. Watched a bit.. but it did not held my interest.

I liked the fact they used many ethnic groups. But the story progresses slowly, and like "Lost", introduces too many open ends... maybe I just don't like those type of series... where my L2 cache overflows.

save the pyra, save the world.
I like concept series with a well planned end / that are like long movies.

That's why I am usually more fond of high quality Anime (so mostly no Shounen) than of American series.

Fixed number of episodes with a clear climax and good order of introduction, main part and ending.

Breaking Bad is the exception here.

In the spirit of the slogans from the movie "Crazy People".  Perhaps the slogan for the Pyra should be

"The power won't just scare you, it will fuck you up for life"

or

"Pyra, for nerds who want hand jobs from beautiful gamer girls they hardly know"

Back