Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

That's no moon!

So the earth IS flat! Too bad it's a black-and-white puzzle.

One puzzle piece is a word, and the complete puzzle is one picture, and a picture is like a 1000 words.

Four point puzzle - but it's a circular puzzle, so it has no corners, how can it have 4 points?
Four point puzzle -still counts as one.

Completed puzzle size unknown. Is that the radius or the circumference or the diameter?
I'm pretty sure that 67.3 centimeters is the diameter of the box !! :cool:

I have a question: What did sheep do before they got domesticated?

Was there a now-extinct hair eating species? Did they just go "blind" after having long hair?

This video cut was from the Guardian. They omit the part where the sheep collapses on the ground because it was underweight and debilitated. But it shows that the shelter had no professional sheepshaver

@FBnil : I was wandering the same thing years ago, and i found out that predators (like wolves) are unable to eat them when the wool is so thick... so it turned out to be a pretty effective defensive system.

5d5170e2035c6-hzzummr4z9t01-700.jpg

This one made me sad:
Ants are greedy little shits, If you grow anything, you'll be aware of their propensity to farm aphids. The aphids drink the fluids from the plant therby making it less vigorous or even killing it, meanwhile the ants lick the honeydew that comes out of the aphids. If you see an ant walking up the stem of a plant, immediately try to find the aphids. If they occasionally get lost and end up walking in circles then that's fair enough.

This one made me sad:
This is a great analogy to how most humans live their life. In fact, I think it's a similar mechanism to some extend. The ants follow the other ants because normally the other ants would go to wherever they should go to; just like humans act like other humans because normally humans would act in a way that has good results. But when too many ants walk in a circle then this behaviour works against the ants and most ants end up walking themselves to death in a circle instead of living outside of the circle. Just like when too many humans start eating themselves to sickness and death on junkfood most humans will blindly follow their lead instead of standing outside of the toxic dietary habits and living in a long healthy life.

I also once heard of an experiment that demonstrated this kind of group think in monkeys. Maybe this kind of group think is just a weakness that social species have. On the one hand it's a strength because it allows the group to learn things as a group and then quickly propagate information; without this each member would have to learn things independently. It also allows groups to get on one line and thus work better together. On the other hand, it causes seemingly moronic behaviour in the case that a large enough portion of the group gets misled and the rest of the group blindly follows along.

Reactions: rSl
Not until the current pandemic is over I hope, because it doesn't sound like they're big on social distancing.
To the contrary, they actually do distancing socially, instead of spacially, vertically so.

Back