Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

DTAXS-dWAAEeP3D.jpg

The best part is that it's a meme, people are spreading this joke because, haha, internet be funny, but newspapers are picking up this meme and thinking it's real, like there are actually people out there chowing down on tide packs like they were candy. And these articles are trying to warn people of the dangers while simultaneously going "look at what these stupid kids are doing now!" Grow a sense of humour dudes.
But real talk, like, several people have died from eating these things in the past few years. All children, or elderly with dementia, and that's sad, but it's not something that can be solved by pompous newspaper articles.

Not really; I'm generally suspicious of pink things because they're either raw meat or seafood. If that pink thing also has a blue patch on it, then nuh uh, even my ape brain knows not to eat that.

But if some people with problems understanding do eat these things and it's bad enough to kill them, then shouldn't we design them so that they don't appeal in this way, or preferably make them slightly less toxic to people if at all possible? Or at least ensure they're kept out of reach of exploring hands, which is why I've seen some adverts recently telling you to keep detergents out of reach of kids I guess. Another way of achieving that is with slightly overblown newspaper adverts too, I suppose.

The ones I have are neither pink nor blue. Also, it seems odd that raw meat, regardless of the color, would scare you. I can understand being disgusted by it, or wanting to eat it (I feel both of those at various times).

They have done a lot to make them less appealing for actually eating, and, ya know, don't be stupid. You know it isn't food, so why go out of your way to ignore your body telling you "we should stop" and continue to try to consume it? I doubt the people eating these are mentally healthy adults. My guess is that most that are trying to eat then are young children, and they put everything in their mouth, so you can't blame them. I doubt they keep them there long (taste one).

They need to make things attractive to compete with others that do the same. I still don't see the need to have the pretty colors inside the bottles of liquid detergents and such. You see it for a couple seconds while you measure it out.

I will keep my response to the above post to myself.
To Mice Elf?

Alrighty then...

That person "Thinking about her" is clearly thinking of Twilight Sparkle... I mean, look at the colours!

... and if the issue is wanting to eat these things...

I'm sure that person *would* like to eat Twilight Sparkle... And I don't meant consumption...

More like eat out the part of Twilight that is shaped *AHEM* ... Like that Tide Pod is shaped....

=o. O =

Now I want to know what it smells like...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Oh no...

Well, the ones we have are dark purple (think blackberries) with a white thingy. The person that bought them even said she wanted to bite them, but resisted the urge.

In other news, have I posted about how interesting it is to me that watching a lot of something in one stretch went from being called a marathon, a term that in the modern world has connotations of athleticism, to being called a binge, a term thanks has connotations of unhealthy overconsumption? I still prefer marathon, because war.

Just incase there is any misunderstanding...

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the post before yours to which you didn't comment (or commented that you wouldn't be commenting). And even then I wasn't referring to Klumpen, I was referring to the initial poster in the second picture.

But... Now come to think of it... Perhaps it was all innocent and the only one thinking of tasty sparkly Twilight bits was me...

In which case, aren't I lucky these dirty thoughts are self-cleaning?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Oi, I just noticed what it says in the Firefox installer: "Internet for people, not profit."
They really are in a dark place.

If you were freaked out as I was the first time I saw it, know that absolutely nothing went wrong in that gif. It was a magic trick and the guy was fine. I don't have the link, unfortunately; it was posted in a reddit thread some time ago.

If you were freaked out as I was the first time I saw it, know that absolutely nothing went wrong in that gif. It was a magic trick and the guy was fine. I don't have the link, unfortunately; it was posted in a reddit thread some time ago.

Surely the absurd thing is how the judges(?) react. I mean, the archer is obviously unsurprised, the target's fall is controlled and theatrical, and very few people do genuinely dangerous stunts on stage.

Plus, I seriously doubt an arrow can deliver a big enough impulse to knock someone over. To do that, you either need a very blunt weapon (say, a fist) or some sort of force-spreader (armour) on the victim. Isn't overanalysis fun?

Back