Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

funny-table-relax-pills-table-cloth.jpg

If that's what makes you happy... but please don't take it the wrong way when I decline to join you.

I won't be coming over for dinner.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk
You might want to skip trying out with the Ninja Turtles, if you find one of those signs, as they love pizza.

And the rest:
http://www.clickhole.com/post/incredible-we-asked-these-astronauts-what-its-be-s-2186
Eileen Collins
“I was looking forward to being weightless, but gravity still works for me in space. It kind of sucks seeing all the other astronauts floating around while I’m stuck on the floor.”

Mae Jemison
“There are a bunch of extra continents you can only see from space. So far, I’ve counted 18 continents, but I find more all the time.”

You can be sure some people believe it and then BAM - it's on Infowars...

On the continent thing, I have actually been involved in a somewhat heated debate about how many continents there are, and what qualifies as a continent or not, specifically dealing with Europe and Asia, but also Africa potentially being a part of it, or the Americas being considered one continent.

Be careful if you have a perspective that is different from most and/or try to make a joke. People can take anything seriously and drain the fun out of it (like mayonnaise). The sad thing is it was a lighthearted attempt to challenge some blindly accepted definitions, since I like draining the fun out of things by taking things "too far" to show people that they should think about things a bit more (again, like mayonnaise). Also, I just think it is funny to ruin what others find funny (like mayonnaise, or pizza? Mmm, mayonnaise on pizza...with bubble tea. ;) ).

This may be my favorite page of this thread.

On the continent thing, I have actually been involved in a somewhat heated debate about how many continents there are, and what qualifies as a continent or not, specifically dealing with Europe and Asia, but also Africa potentially being a part of it, or the Americas being considered one continent...

A little side note. Are we sure the earth is ball shaped? It could perfectly be a torus and I know no one that went outside to prove it otherwise but images on tv and books. When people thought it was flat, I´d be confident that the education material at the time was also quite convincing. I see a lot of people making claims on the earth´s continents and islands based on google maps alone, since photographic material tends to be taken as pure truth (not me though as I´m a cg artist), but I know of a few ´inhabited´ islands that, while big enough, does not show on google at all.

I'm sure that if you were in bed with the right people or had enough money...
...you could get an invisible island of your very own too.

While the part before the one you quoted ranks as absurd, the one about non photographed islands is true...though I´d prefer something on the lines of your answer. :D

Back