Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Catchy song about this ridiculous culture war that has spread from North America to Europe by now:

Needless to say it already got banned and re-opened already, the censor happy authoritarians (which this song is about) seem to only have been able to permanently block it for Germans, proxys help though.
Yo that's crazy. :confused:

e12.gif

Thanks Klumpen... I liked the Illustrator of the song... fun and delivers truth...

This one is especcially great, thanks for the hint.

Here's something from an aged punk musician about the "cultural approriation" of her style by rich white girls which made me smile:

This one is especcially great, thanks for the hint.

Here's something from an aged punk musician about the "cultural approriation" of her style by rich white girls which made me smile:
I like that one. It actually starts off with some of the stuff I was bitching about in a recent discussion we had. Very great points all around. While I share her attitude in many ways, I do think there are times and places where it might be better not to be so outspoken about certain things (not things she discussed in the video, but other stuff that she touched on), such as trying to keep things friendly here so that anyone that wants to join can feel like they belong, because they do.

Why the fuck is this in Absurdism Corner?

Is there a thread in which subject matter of more sensitive natures go? Preferably, one that doesn't require a necro-post to bring back?
I can think of 2. After thinking about it more, I suppose in some ways it fits here.

Why the fuck is this in Absurdism Corner?
Seeing how people which are always accusing everyone of "cultural appropriation" are the prime example of it, is kind of absurd.
Lexi is damn right, punk was about being as offensive as possible to make people aware of uncomfortable truths and now this style is assimilated by people which want to censor everything which could be offensive to anyone which includes differing opinions.
The "communication cube"-thread sadly isn't really used by anyone.
Is there a thread in which subject matter of more sensitive natures go? Preferably, one that doesn't require a necro-post to bring back?
Wally doesn't like in any way political topics and neither do other mods even in the declared off-topic area. Most of the sensitive topics get closed at some point, because in our political correct culture where real discussion is considered a bad thing, there's no place for being liberal and tolerating other opinions and keeping it civil, so in the closet/absurdism corner it goes, although imho this place has more calm and reasonable people than anyplace else I know.

Last edited:
3:22 wait... what? How many hands has this guy?
@tigerroast: Love the way he teaches. Subtly hints at police brutality for social awareness. He touches things that should not be touched, this re-enforces the kid looking that it is BAD to touch it (instead of making it look save, even though it does not discharge). He shows things can go bad... and teaches a little bit about transformers (robots in... no no, the other type of transformers). Like an extreme version of Veritasium.

edit (after watching a few other videos from him): Unbelievable the pains he goes through to teach danger... Legend indeed.
[doublepost=1463559578,1463558459][/doublepost]http://www.bestgifever.com/?yes=f1e0c8dce75fad384b8b4ff13f88b19b

Seeing how people which are always accusing everyone of "cultural appropriation" are the prime example of it, is kind of absurd.
That was why I later admitted this is the right place, as a response more than for what she said herself.

Lexi is damn right, punk was about being as offensive as possible to make people aware of uncomfortable truths and now this style is assimilated by people which want to censor everything which could be offensive to anyone which includes differing opinions.
Punk's not really my thing, although it had/has a lot that I really enjoy, and it gave rise to things that are much more important to me, some of which are sometimes intended to be in your face and make you think, although a lot of that is directed inward (even if others often get it confused with other things, or take it too seriously).

The "communication cube"-thread sadly isn't really used by anyone.
I read it, even if I don't post. I think it also deserves to be in Caring Corner, which I try to avoid so that I don't hurt feelings. My question was mainly because this often seems like a thread where people post "funny and weird stuff", which is not my interpretation of absurdism. That video fits here better than other stuff.

Another franchise ruined:

Well as long as it's for the sake of the omnipresent authoritarian neo-feminism, people will watch this crap anyway.

Well as long as it's for the sake of the omnipresent authoritarian neo-feminism, people will watch this crap anyway.

Frankly, it's not even the feminism that worries me the most. I'd be fine with the current cast if the 1984 cast could "pass the torch," per se. When Harold Ramis died, so did that opportunity (along with this movie). Such an old franchise needs to segue into a new cast.

What does worry me the most, however, is how gorram bad the movie looks from the trailers. The 1984 special FX hold up BETTER than than those in the upcoming movie. Also, any of the cast that's still alive will (allegedly) only play CAMEO roles in the film, and not even as their original characters. You need to actively try to execute something that badly. The movie looks below B-movie level.

I'd rather watch Chef or even The Room than have to sit through that trash. Hell, those 2 movies are actually so bad that they're good. They have charm to them and lack any precedent from which to piss off older fans.

Frankly, it's not even the feminism that worries me the most. I'd be fine with the current cast if the 1984 cast could "pass the torch," per se. When Harold Ramis died, so did that opportunity (along with this movie). Such an old franchise needs to segue into a new cast.

What does worry me the most, however, is how gorram bad the movie looks from the trailers. The 1984 special FX hold up BETTER than than those in the upcoming movie. Also, any of the cast that's still alive will (allegedly) only play CAMEO roles in the film, and not even as their original characters. You need to actively try to execute something that badly. The movie looks below B-movie level.

I'd rather watch Chef or even The Room than have to sit through that trash. Hell, those 2 movies are actually so bad that they're good. They have charm to them and lack any precedent from which to piss off older fans.

Yup

One benefit of it being a reboot, rather than a continuation (a sequel of sorts) is that if it turns out to be pants, you can just ignore it. Like the 1970s version of King Kong, for example.

Back