A summary of the last few weeks (2011-05-26)

No more preorders are being taken. End of January/beginning of February 2011 preorders were closed. The Premium option was then put in place so that any order for a Pandora would be fulfilled within 7 business days for the $500 cost. Currently there is a delay in production even for the Premium units due to WiFi chip issue that is discussed in the most recent news topic. While preorders were being taken, the units were being sold at a loss between $50-$70 a unit after all was said and done. The Premium Pandora gave the project some much needed capital to stay afloat and keep Pandoras moving out the door without the project folding and nobody receiving anything. There is no specific date for Batch 2 units to start shipping due to this SNAFU with the WiFi. Batch 1 was scheduled to be done this month IIRC. Batch 2, Two Months™ perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every upgrade knocks one more preorder off the queue. Long-timers, you are strongly encouraged (but not mandated) to upgrade!

Every upgrade knocks one more preorder off the queue. Long-timers, you are strongly encouraged (but not mandated) to upgrade!
Every preorder that's delivered also knocks a preorder of the queue.

Have you taken over Sony's mission to tell people to upgrade at each and every single opportunity you get in the hope that you'll also be made mod?

Because you really don't need that. With the time you spend on here and the good work you're doing with answering a lot of questions you'll become one sooner or later if you really want it.

Also I don't want to put you on my ignore list as you make plenty of posts I do want to read :)

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

No more preorders are being taken. End of January/beginning of February 2011 preorders were closed. The Premium option was then put in place so that any order for a Pandora would be fulfilled within 7 business days for the $500 cost. Currently there is a delay in production even for the Premium units due to WiFi chip issue that is discussed in the most recent news topic. While preorders were being taken, the units were being sold at a loss between $50-$70 a unit after all was said and done. The Premium Pandora gave the project some much needed capital to stay afloat and keep Pandoras moving out the door without the project folding and nobody receiving anything. There is no specific date for Batch 2 units to start shipping due to this SNAFU with the WiFi. Batch 1 was scheduled to be done this month IIRC. Batch 2, Two Months™ perhaps.
Hey!

I checked your shop. It seems that you have the pandora in stock. Is this true? And do you ship to europe? :)

The shop that belongs to the user named Link

is there anyway i can purchase a batch 2 like right now? could i pay a premium over the premium?

Not sure what u mean. Batch 2 is supposed to contain minor reliability fixes and will start shipping once batch 1 finishes. I am asking if I could pay a premium over the current premium price of 500 and get a batch 2 pandora shipped to me now.

Not sure what u mean. Batch 2 is supposed to contain minor reliability fixes and will start shipping once batch 1 finishes. I am asking if I could pay a premium over the current premium price of 500 and get a batch 2 pandora shipped to me now.
No, they will be exactly the same units. Reliability fixes are being applied as they become available, so while in theory your unit could be more reliable, there's no guarantee that it will be any different than the one you would get through a premium order anyway.

I'd seriously suggest just going premium.

Oh I must have misunderstood because I thought batch 2 would have new boards and improved shoulder buttons. Don't remember where I read that will find it now...

Oh I must have misunderstood because I thought batch 2 would have new boards and improved shoulder buttons. Don't remember where I read that will find it now...

About the LCD cables you read this:

EvilDragon said:
First, the first 2000 of the new LCD cables have arrived.

They have been built by a company that is specialized on flex cable production. Some of the biggest notebook manufacturers worldwide are their customers.

These guys optimized and extensively tested the cables - this should be the final end of the purple tint of death!

About 1000 of those will be used for the last units of Batch 1, the next ones are for the first 1000 units of Batch 2.

Speaking about Batch 2: The next 4200 batteries are on the way to Craig via sea and will arrive early May.

from here

anyway I was thinking the same of you...

Ehm.. by the way... HI ALL !! by an Ex-Lurker

With Batch 2, we introduce a new board revision of the Pandora, Rev6b. Don't worry though, the functionality will be same as the current Rev5, but some things have been changed to improve the production process (i.e. increase the size of some soldering pads that were causing issues with Batch 1, improve the placement of the shoulder buttons to save a lot of manual labour, etc.). So we'll have fixes here to improve the production process.
This was possible since we had quite a few issues with Batch 1 PCBs that kept repeating. This surely is a clear sign to improve the layout in that area.

It was on the first page of this thread. I am guessing Batch 2 > Batch 1

Hey!

I checked your shop. It seems that you have the pandora in stock. Is this true? And do you ship to europe? :)

The shop that belongs to the user named Link
Normally I don't ship to the Europe, except gifts for developers. There is a Pandora in-stock currently waiting for a home. You can order a Premium from ED or Craig and save money on shipping and get it just as fast.

Back