A Spectrum of Pyra Renders

Most of the images aren't loading for me on Tapatalk... but the White with Pink highlights did and I can tell you this:

It would be a terrible choice of colour for mass appeal.

I LOVE IT!!!!1!!
emoji7.png
emoji8.png

I'm now seriously concidering getting a custom case printed by someone...

... WizardStan?
emoji6.png

*I'll make it worth your while...*

Fine, fine! Now change back that avatar. :p
As you wish!  ;)

Well well well. Seems like there might be a consensus after all...

As said before, black would be the lowest common denominator.

But !

Maybe we could all agree on a pretty dark grey. Greys are cool. Let's do fifty shades of it ! :p

Now, joke aside, is anyone against "another gray - Fusion Power" or "sparkle charcoal - Neelix" ?

I think these two are a nice blend of originality and professionalism.

Of course darker or lighter colors are welcome. But these should be just on the likeability border of everyone here.

What I think we will probably get is a dark grey with a touch of color and a bit of texture to it. Not everyone wins, but few people lose either.

@rygD, thanks for the information mate. Did you ever try Vinyl dye spray cans? I have been searching ir for long time now, but never found it and the only shop I could found was pretty expensive because they need to send the cans via road.

What I think we will probably get is a dark grey with a touch of color and a bit of texture to it. Not everyone wins, but few people lose either.

A change in texture will probably require a change in mould, or some sort of paint (other than the protective layer), so I wouldn't bank on getting that.  But yeah, dark grey with black buttons gets my vote.

Denin Pyra.

While unrealistic as paint/color, wouldn´t it be great if there was a ´protective cover´ styled this way with a very thick jeans and zipper?

Quite the university style me guesses. 

denin.jpg

But why no ZXSpectrum render? Black with the rainbow flash at the bottom-right.

Wouldn't a black case with a rainbow sticker almost give you that look?

That sounds great to me.  If we could get that sorta sparkliness from one of the earlier pages I would also be happy.  The pic looked good (fun but still professional friendly) but the real cases may end up looking to toy-like with the sparklies.

@rygD, thanks for the information mate. Did you ever try Vinyl dye spray cans? I have been searching ir for long time now, but never found it and the only shop I could found was pretty expensive because they need to send the cans via road.

I considered it.  I was a bit worried that it would only be slightly better than normal rattlecan paint minus the gradual wearing through (I suspect, but have no personal experience, that when it comes off it will peel off in chunks).  What I really wanted to try was that rubberized paint stuff.  They advertise one brand on tv here and I have some real uses for it (steel outdoor shelves for potted plants), plus some less sensible things I want to try it on that are somewhat pertinent to this discussion (Unicomp keyboard, metal ""environmental" case for my HP palmtop, an Apple IIe, GBA).  I would probably go for a medium to dark grey.  It may be worse than the vinyl dye, but if I have some left I might as well try it out.

A change in texture will probably require a change in mould, or some sort of paint (other than the protective layer), so I wouldn't bank on getting that.  But yeah, dark grey with black buttons gets my vote.
Has case surface texture been announced?  Molds are being made, so it must have been decided.  I really hope it isn't smooth.  I feel like the last time I was discussing it here something was said in favor of "rough" surface texture, however I don't remember if it was "official" from ED, or just others saying they prefer having texture on the outer case.  If we get a protective layer maybe that can provide some gripiness.

The rubberized paint isn't like the Plasti Dip? If it is, it's not permanent :(.

Could somebody try an decent carbon-fibre surface?  Just out of curiosity...

Texture example:

carbon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah ! Black Bakelite with chromed buttons FTW ! Would definitely buy that if I wasn't already planning to do so :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the clear design.

transparent - erico is the best hands down.

Anyone have any pictures of someone trying to use the phone on this thing?  Does it look like you're talking into a taco?

Anyone have any pictures of someone trying to use the phone on this thing?  Does it look like you're talking into a taco?

connected-lifestyle.jpg

I don't think anyone's seriously planning to make a call on this thing without using a headset of some sort.

Talking about headset, hope someone can try Btunes until the Pyra launch.

[SIZE= 14px]Anyone have any pictures of someone trying to use the phone on this thing?  Does it look like [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]you're[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] talking into a taco?[/SIZE]

I don't think anyone's seriously planning to make a call on this thing without using a headset of some sort.
Maybe as a speakerphone?

Back