A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@alphatoanant

I think that people that get upgraded preorder to 1Ghz @Craig should be first in list... they paid twice, and this is the most urgent case imho.

Also it is not a big number, so it could be solved.

Also I think it should be managed as a cross upgrade to ED. However, It has to be done with cooperation with Craig, which complicates things a bit ("his hands are tied").

(this short list should be given to ED, obviously)

It is not fair for anybody to pay 3rd time, if it is not pure, unforced donation.

My 2 cents.

@darkborn

I agree with you. That would be the best case scenario for all of us who upgraded to 1Ghz units with Craig before cross upgrading become an option.

@alphatoanant

I think that people that get upgraded preorder to 1Ghz @Craig should be first in list... they paid twice, and this is the most urgent case imho.

Also I think it should be managed as a cross upgrade to ED. However, It has to be done with cooperation with Craig, which complicates things a bit ("his hands are tied").

It is not fair for anybody to pay 3rd time, if it is not pure, unforced donation.

My 2 cents.

That's how the Super Pandora 2.0 thing worked. I cross upgraded via ED's shop and Jacquelyn sent a message to ED to let him know to bump me to the top of the queue. And no, I don't feel guilty because effectively I've paid twice for the unit and am allowing them to wipe out the cost of the initial order.

Well it looks like Craig/ED have maybe put their diplomacy hats on because the new website is up. And it looks much more impressive than the old site. And my 1 GHz arrived today as well.

I must be fucking dreaming. Thanks guys.

P.S. As someone said in another thread, get rid of the Joomla favicon! It looks tacky. :D

Craig, please fill this in:

Remaining preorders/orders not shipped (non-1Ghz): _____

Remaining preorders/orders not shipped (1Ghz): _____

Number of people refund requested and money not yet sent: ____

+1

Actually this stuff make me very angry. As such it is hard to contribute contructively, which then gives Craig ammunition to say that we're just a bunch of Trolls.

For my pandora for example:

I preordered (which got reversed by visa)

Repaid same amount via bank transfer 3 months later

Waited 4 years while telling anyone who asked about it "no it's not a scam, they've just had lots of problems"

Bought an icontrolpad even though I didn't really need one (I just wanted my damned pandora).

Bought Craig's IOS games.

Became an investor with ED to help get the project going again. Understood finally that the reason we'd all been waiting so long was mostly due to Circuitco.

Upgraded my order to a 1 GHZ right away when I saw Craig's post.

Recieved my 1 GHZ Pandora (yes I am one of the lucky ones).

Backed the Kickstarter for icontrolpad 2

Then found out that ED hadn't been paid for the 1 GHZ unit I have recieved, and that all we know about what happened with that money is the evasive explanation he eventually came up with. But Craig claims there's some "Tax refund" money coming soon .... which never actually got paid to ED, and the only 1 GHZ units that have shipped from the "limited run" after the first 70 have been paid for by donations from the community.

After all this time, understanding a little of what Craig and Ed have been through with this project, and having helped out in every way I knew how this stuff is the last straw. It is hard to help someone who always seems to be "robbing Peter to pay Paul".

So Craig, lets please see some answers. Some of us might be angry, but we're not trolling. We deserve an explanation, not this silly Blame ED nonsense. If ever anyone was acting in your best interests, it is ED.

Nice website by the way. Thanks for fixing it so quickly ED!

Unbelievable that after all these comments, some not nice but truthful and some flattering, that Craig has still not sorted out the way forward with ED.

He is acting like a true sales person, get the sale then move on and forget about actually delivering the product/service - I see this day in day out at work and these sales people are just so blinkered and they are always right!

Time to bite the bullet Craig - some things you have done are not right but as everyone has said here let's move on so why can you not do this? It is better that you sort this from a business perspective otherwise your reputation will hinder future projects you are involved with!

As it stands it sounds like you have lost a lot of customers who would now only buy from ED but one action on your part could reverse all that in an instant!

In October 2009 I preordered from Craig's queue for ~$393.98 US (This price included a Pandora, additional accessories and shipping)

I did not receive that preorder so when I saw the option to upgrade to help clear the queue and potentially get a pandora earlier...

In August 2012 I upgraded that preorder to 1Ghz model for an additional cost of $369. This cost was calculated like so... 1Ghz ($699) - preorder Price ($330) = $369. I received a queue number of 162

Like others in this thread I have not received that upgrade yet.

Since I upgraded before the option to cross upgrade with Ed was available I have been holding out hope that I will receive a 1Ghz unit based on what I have paid so far (~$762.98 US).

I'm in exactly the same boat. (although I'm 1GHz queue #130-something). I ordered early 2009 IIRC.... so 4 years of wait.

I'm not plunking down another dime until my ordered unit gets shipped. I'm not throwing good money after "bad" money at this point.

With the unavailability of the money and lack of interest unable to be made on that money, I could have bought myself a nice laptop by now.

...so you're not the only one.

@alphatoanant

My 2 cents.

That's how the Super Pandora 2.0 thing worked. I cross upgraded via ED's shop and Jacquelyn sent a message to ED to let him know to bump me to the top of the queue. And no, I don't feel guilty because effectively I've paid twice for the unit and am allowing them to wipe out the cost of the initial order.
Why should you feel guilty? You should be proud of. But this is not the case here, alphatoanant already paid twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
To support the preorder funds i've just donated a small amount (20€) thru the repo ..hope to see soon all old preorderers with the long desired pandoras.

Can we please stop making claims that craig did something bad (used pandora predorder money on ICP2, used tax refund for girl friends univeristy fees) without proofs? You say he stole money, which is a crime. If you can't prove it, it is called "üble nachrede" (Defamation), which is a crime itself.

@rohezal & WizardStan:

In Zorglub234, it's called a "Youb8t0KpK".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back