2014 - a Sneak Peek! (2014-01-02)

Well, yeah, if we manage to do it... :)
Finances are the biggest hurdle.
Pre orders - I am sure you will get the orders.

When can I sign up!
Might not necessarily be the investment. Could also be not being able tot bring to market the device you want tot build for a price enough are willing tot buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

german+man.jpg

But he's already got enough money. ;)

That would be the wrong German man because that's Craig disguised as a German.  He didn't get it quite right though.  He should grow his hair a little longer and wear glasses like this guy down here
Moving-animated-eyes-finger-pointing-down.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt27l77hoXc

What if my pandora is partly broken? im wondering how much it would cost to replace the pcb and the case. without losing any memory. because my left bumper is broken and i cant fix it because the screws are rusted shut into the system (no idea why this pandora i have still works because of that) it'd be nice if i can get a replacement free for the first time. since i do not have money to spare (no job, live at parents house. in highschool... Life)

^ I've handed my money over to the long haired bloke, I just hope he doesn't end up spending it on drink. :(
Of course when we speak of 'drink' in the context of long-haired German blokes, we mean Craig.
fix'd

... i do not have money to spare (no job, live at parents house. in highschool... Life)
Tell that to Apple and Microsoft they will tell you to go screwed yourself. :p    But may or may not be the case here with your DragonBox depends on how you behave on this forum :p

paint can scratch off or even degrade. my screws no matter how hard i twist. wont come undone
This means that the plastic stand-off (I'm sure there's a proper name) has broken and come off of the other side of the case, or at least, that's what this has meant for me in the past.

i cant fix it because the screws are rusted shut into the system
They're painted alloy screws going into plastic.

Rusted shut? Not even slightly possible or believable.
paint can scratch off or even degrade. my screws no matter how hard i twist. wont come undone
This happened with my rebirth, from keeping it in my pocket all the time. When the screws rusted, the head expanded slightly and the rust would catch on the inside of the case as I was unscrewing them. It took a lot of force and a tiny bit of mineral oil to coax them to come out, and a lot of care not to destroy everything in the process.

The holes on my Ghz weren't even big enough to unscrew the unrusted heads into in the first place, with the additional downward pressure needed to engage the screwdriver in the screw head. I had to drill out the screws, scratch some of the paint off the holes and fit new screws.

I suspect most pandorians will also be pyrates :)
I suspect the term is going to be pyrites, not sure what the nick name for pyra is going to be, perhaps pyres.

Well, yeah, if we manage to do it... :)

Finances are the biggest hurdle.
Pre orders - I am sure you will get the orders.

When can I sign up!
Unless ED has changed his mind, I thought the preorders weren't going to involve any money changing hands until the units were produced, hence the finance aspect. As much as we trust ED, the fact of the matter is that most of the money lost was due to production problems and not theft, fraud or dishonesty. Not to mention that Craig's store was on the hook for most of that.

But, as a sign up, I'll be in, I'll be starting to save up for it in the near future.

Glad to hear that there is going to be a successor to the Pandora, I'm on my 2nd one having started with the Classic and then upgrading to 1Ghz model. I think for the success of the Pyra and healing of the community that less emphasis be placed on Craig. The more time and energy wasted on talking about past issues the less productive people are in terms of moving forward. I wish you all the success in the world Ed..

Back