2 New Blog Posts: 98% Success Rate! + Lightpipes

Qwertyuiop

98% Success rate!

We've got some good news! 103 out of the 105 boards did pass the test, this is slightly more than 98% success rate!

TI set up a unique testing environment, especially for the Pandora boards. With a special firmware, every hardware piece of the Pandora can be checked with as little human interaction as possible.

We also got some news from the moulds company. It looks they're finally nearing completion of the last mould which means we should see the final case moulds soon. There's not much time left until christmas - but you can be sure we'll do everything possible to assemble and ship it out just in time!

The latest OS image is also running pretty stable. I've been playing around with XFCE myself for the last hours and didn't encounter any crashes. I'm currently working on Pandora themes in various sizes.

Another step we did was finishing the silkscreen. Want some pictures? Here you go:

Enough blog posting for me today, back to work on the Pandora OS :)

Let there be light!

Well, I just had to do another quick Blog post... since Michael Weston did post SUCH a nice image which shows the lightpipes working nicely!

New blog posts by ED, featuring production boards, XFCE themes, light pipe pictures, and more!

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2〈=en

The final silk screens look good, I'm glad they chose the "first batch" one. I also like the login screens for the themes. They look great too!

Defo said:
New blog posts by ED, featuring production boards, XFCE themes, light pipe pictures, and more!

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2〈=en

I'm liking that Pandora raindrop login bg. Also, a bit sad about the "BT" but oh well.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
I'm liking that Pandora raindrop login bg. Also, a bit sad about the "BT" but oh well.

-God Ginrai

Yeah, it would have been nice to have the actual bluetooth logo instead.

Hmmmm, very nice.

I personally like the ancient background more, and i'm VERY curious what the weird text (Greek i suppose?) means.

Also very happy that the First Batch text is still there!!!

Cheers, and looking forward to those final pictures!

Aww, they didn't go with this for the bluetooth symbol?
BT.png

Attachments

• BT.png
    BT.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 145
MarkoeZ said:
(Greek i suppose?)

Does Greek have accents? o_ô

EDIT:
MDave said:
BT.png

Yea, I would have much preferred that to just the letters "BT."

-God Ginrai

Attachments

• BT.png
    BT.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 162
God Ginrai said:
MDave said:
BT.png

-God Ginrai
+1 we should start a poll :p

Attachments

• BT.png
    BT.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 137
WhiteBat said:
God Ginrai said:
MDave said:
BT.png

-God Ginrai
+1 we should start a poll :p

Someone will, we don't have to. ;P

MarkoeZ said:
God Ginrai said:
MarkoeZ said:
(Greek i suppose?)

Does Greek have accents? o_ô

Well i don't have a clue, that's why i asked ;) I thought pandora's box was Greek mythology so i assumed that is was greek, that's all.

Well, the letters look like Greek for the most part to me, it's just that seeing accents on the letters doesn't look right to me for some reason.

-God Ginrai

Attachments

• BT.png
    BT.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 136
I also prefer that version over the "BT" only. Oh well, I suppose I can live with the current logo / scratch it off when I get my pandora.

amf66 said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

Yeah, it would have been nice to have the actual bluetooth logo instead.

The official Bluetooth logo is most likely trademarked.

Transmition said:
I also prefer that version over the "BT" only. Oh well, I suppose I can live with the current logo / scratch it off when I get my pandora.

I'll probably go on a hunt for a small sticker of the Bluetooth logo. ;P

-God Ginrai

Xian Long said:
actually the success rate is approximately 98.0952380952%

You cannot be that accurate with a sample size of 105 units. For all we know, the success rate is 50%, but they got incredibly lucky with the 105 test units :rolleyes:

Xian Long said:
actually the success rate is approximately 98.0952380952%

Actually, the real success rate is 98.0̅9̅5̅2̅3̅8̅ %

Gary13579 said:
You cannot be that accurate with a sample size of 105 units. For all we know, the success rate is 50%, but they got incredibly lucky with the 105 test units :rolleyes:

I can't be arsed to do the calculations, but IIRC a sample size of 105 is enough to get within a few percentile certainty for a pool of 4000 units.

Gary13579 said:
The official Bluetooth logo is most likely trademarked.
It is. You need to be a member of some organization to use it.
Apparently membership is free. There are a few reasons they may not have actually used it that I can think of.
1) It's not actually free. Free to join perhaps, but then some X amount per year in duty perhaps? Who knows.
2) It takes several months to be approved, and by the time anyone actually thought to investigate, we were really REALLY only a couple months away, and didn't want to delay things just for a logo
3) It's free now, but who knows when they'll turn around and decide to be dicks about it. Look at GIF, look at MP3, look at FAT. Better to stick entirely with things you have full legal rights over.

I want to say #3 is the reason (it being the most noble reason of them), but given track records, the reality is probably #2. An alternate to #2 is that it doesn't so much take a long time as take a lot of effort, effort which can be better spent elsewhere, and totally mitigated by simply using a slightly different logo.

Back