Official Blog Post: Nearly There!

EvilDragon said:
Trevsweb said:
:( gizmondo insult -1 :p

Nope, not to the Gizmondo. I did like it, I awaited the new one and even wanted to sell it.
The console was good... but the people behind it weren't ;)

About the moulds: With the moulds we have, we can get 1000 a day, yes. The plan of the company was to produce 10000 cases and then ship them to us - which would've meant 10 days producing and 5 days shipping.

Now they ship after the first 1000 and ship them out via express (which should reduce shipping time by a few days).
So instead of 15 days, we have about 3 - 5 days.

And while we're assembling the first 1000, they can easily continue to produce the rest :)

Do you happen to have an estimate of how many production days we're going to lose to the Christmas holidays, this includes the Chinese factories and the assembly facility (although I think it was said that the dev team are going to assemble them, at least in part)?

Thanks.

It's great news that they'll start shipping sooner, let's hope for the green light from Mweston.

Last edited by a moderator:
and what about the distributed assembly process
about some being assembled on UK TX and AUS?

2012 how china saved the humanity?
XD, that reminds me of avatar being fought over pandora

So there is a very real possibility that a fully working Pandora could be assembled by my birthday on the 9th? It's a shame that I'm probably something like 3600th on the list. Drat.

Sugar_Kane said:
So there is a very real possibility that a fully working Pandora could be assembled by my birthday on the 9th? It's a shame that I'm probably something like 3600th on the list. Drat.

maybe more prob than on my birth day (Dec 8th)

I just hope they get them all out before December 3rd. They're Firing up Large Hadron Collider and doing a proper collision test on the 3rd!! It would be just my luck If I'm scheduled to get mine on the 4th..... I'll be on the wrong side of a black hole :( Bugger!

Miner49er said:
This would make Christmas really ace if it were here for then.

Yunno, thinking about it, I would PREFER it to arrive Christmas Day - ace present christmas day, it could transport me back to 1984 when I got my Spectrum 48k on christmas day. What a lovely day that was.

Pandora for XMAS! yay!
I gotta agree with this 100%. It's been a long, long time since I've felt giddy on Christmas day. Would be nice for Pandora to arrive around then. :)

I doubt that Pandora will ship before next year, so better don't bluster into it. Be prepared ;)

StalkS said:
I just hope they get them all out before December 3rd. They're Firing up Large Hadron Collider and doing a proper collision test on the 3rd!! It would be just my luck If I'm scheduled to get mine on the 4th..... I'll be on the wrong side of a black hole :( Bugger!

LMAO B)

These news makes me both happy and a bit disappointed. Happy if I am among the first 1000 pre-orders, and disappointed if I'm not among the first 1000 because then I will probably not have my Pandora until next year..

StalkS said:
I think the alien scientists from the future screwed that thing over pretty good, it's not happening. I wish they would be more interested in getting my Pandora to me in December 2008 but I guess saving humanity from black holes is more important.

I hope they'll arrive soon cause I need some motivation to learn Python. I'm getting the cheaper ipod touch for Christmas so I could afford to buy some Python books.

It occurs to me that the LHC and Pandora project kinda reflect each other in a weird sort of way. They're both long running projects that have had numerous delays, and will cause the end of the world when finally activated. It would be kind of a poetic justice if both happened at the same time.

WizardStan said:
It occurs to me that the LHC and Pandora project kinda reflect each other in a weird sort of way. They're both long running projects that have had numerous delays, and will cause the end of the world when finally activated. It would be kind of a poetic justice if both happened at the same time.

Well when Pandora opened her box (Snigger....) She lifted the lid to peep in but before she realised it the room was filled with terrible things: disease, despair, malice, greed, old age, death, hatred, violence, cruelty and war. I bloody hope that doesn't happen with our Pandora's even though the old age and despair bit might have already started ;)

StalkS said:

It's already obvious that God doesn't want LHC to work nor the pandora to release. You're on the save side, just keep your faith ;)

Yea!!!!!!!

Please, please, please, send them out by Christmas! Great work to the OpenPandora Team! This is just the beginning!

I will probably try and use my tax return to order one once they are released and being sent out regularly. Good times. I hope everything goes as planned and this product is very successful!

I can't stand teh "almost"-posts anymore.

The mold is ready, test cases should be doen tonite or tomorrow, WHY OH WHY didn't he wait for tomorrow then?
If the test case is (once more) s***t then we have to wait anotehr 2 weeks. But we exspect them to be ready by 1st Dec now.

OK, this time it was a post by ED and not by Craig, however, if only they have waited one more day...

Back