Update From Ed On Official Blog

In matzetsu's defense, I should mention that pronouns are right-associative rather than left-associative in German, so provided that Pandora is feminine, he would be germanistically grammatically correct (seiner Rev4 Pandora) :p

It's probably the long hair though.

dflemstr said:
In matzetsu's defense, I should mention that pronouns are right-associative rather than left-associative in German, so provided that Pandora is feminine, he would be germanistically grammatically correct (seiner Rev4 Pandora) :p

Just LOL!

(hey, my first post is just a LOL!)

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:

I think this is more like confusing ihrer for seiner, rather than seiner for seinem.

OMG, tried to stay away from the darkness of this forum, but i got pulled back on the last update,
i was expecting at least 15 days forum off.

well, now im really more confused,
the TV cables weve seen are just samples or the whole batch?
what else is being made by the Case company?
wich parts are left to buy/make (power adaptor/cd/manuals ...etc.)??

Bosbeetle said:
Tor said:
I for one would prefer that we let the guys work on getting the device finished and tested, instead of demanding that they waste time by producing videos and pictures and whatnot all the time.

So there.

How about taking pictures while testing ;)

How about pictures of him thinking of talking pictures while on his way to taking the pictures ??? :blink:

DroneB Dev said:
OMG, tried to stay away from the darkness of this forum, but i got pulled back on the last update,

1. Whole Batch
2. The cases aren't make exclusively for the Pandora, they are a generic case branded with the Pandora Logo
3. Power Adapters apparently still need to be bought, CD and Manual - Who Knows, etc - I don't think there is anything else.

Very exciting times ahead,just wondering why i read that some people are fussing over
the (included) cdrom that would be shipping with the Pandora ? would this be a deal breaker
for some buyers and would there be complaints if the Pandora arrived without a software disc ?

I hope to see a picture of the new Pandora case ,is this a fully working complete final
unit or another revision R4 ,is R4 final ? i would love to see a video of the Pandora
using wifi with multitasking ,something like playing an online radio station while browsing
the web ,with maybe a video clip running as well ?

fingers crossed for some eye candy !

mindlord said:
DroneB Dev said:

1. Whole Batch
2. The cases aren't make exclusively for the Pandora, they are a generic case branded with the Pandora Logo
3. Power Adapters apparently still need to be bought, CD and Manual - Who Knows, etc - I don't think there is anything else.
I believe it is the case that you two are speaking about different cases.

WizardStan said:
I believe it is the case that you two are speaking about different cases.

Indeed in the case of the cases, it can get confusing. I deduced from context of accessories (power apapters, cd's, manuals) that he might have meant carrying case, not the plastic housing. However, the company that is making the housing I believe is also responsible for the keymats as well. To answer the question if we are in fact talking about the housing.

yes i was talking about the machine Case not the carry case.

i know they said something about the Dpad issues about hardness.
but isnt the Dpad and the keymat a diferent piece?, also the carry case, the time i asked about it before making my order(or Pre-order whatever it suits your preference), they told me it was a soft case (maybe a piece of cloth with pandora logo) not a hard enclosed case, and the last time i saw a photo they showed up a glass like case.

talking about technical stuff from the another side, is all the stuff ready? i always see a screen and board on the vids, but right now i havent seen a single speaker. (funny thing is that i work with speakers about probably the same shape and size and ive got some idea of it).

so the check list for parts goes from what i see
*batt check
*board check
*display check??
*speakers ???
*case check (expected on Oct15++shipping)
*manual/warrantyPaper/CD\DVD/ ????

what else is expected to come inside the pandoras box ??.

DroneB Dev said:
yes i was talking about the machine Case not the carry case.

i know they said something about the Dpad issues about hardness.
but isnt the Dpad and the keymat a diferent piece?, also the carry case, the time i asked about it before making my order(or Pre-order whatever it suits your preference), they told me it was a soft case (maybe a piece of cloth with pandora logo) not a hard enclosed case, and the last time i saw a photo they showed up a glass like case.

talking about technical stuff from the another side, is all the stuff ready? i always see a screen and board on the vids, but right now i havent seen a single speaker. (funny thing is that i work with speakers about probably the same shape and size and ive got some idea of it).

so the check list for parts goes from what i see
*batt check
*board check
*display check??
*speakers ???
*case check (expected on Oct15++shipping)
*manual/warrantyPaper/CD\DVD/ ????

what else is expected to come inside the pandoras box ??.

The sample keymat was a bit stiff, thus making the DPAD uncomfortable to use after about an hour of use. They told the manufacturer to soften it before making the full batch.

The carry case is soft fabric, and I think it may have some added plastic sandwiched in there to add rigidity, but certainly not hard or clear.

MWeston has assured us that the speakers are good, and high quality (for their size). They aren't going to "ROCK THE HOUSE", but they aren't crap like the ones in the DS, I'm sure.

The boards aren't all put together yet, when ED says they have all the parts, he means they have all the capacitors, resistors, voltage regulators, magic smoke emitters, etc. The boards will be manufactured in parallel with the assembly process.

If EvilDragon speaks true they already have all the fiddly bits at the factory. This persumably includes the requisite number of speakers, screens, and nubs.

Phawx said:
Did somebody say, "Go."?
I refer you to the quote in my signature...

Asmo said:
the word GO has to be received by Fatih, examined for alignment and font suitability, forwarded to MWeston via carrier pigeon for soak testing, then routed back to Craig via Solar powered Zeppelin, before it can be converted into soundwaves in an appropriate accent over the telephone directly to the factory. You can see from Craig's prototype above, that 'go' is all lower case, and this is therefore only 'Rev.1'.

But that was way back in May; I think the solar-powered Zeppelin may have arrived by now.

Eisner said:
Bosbeetle said:
Tor said:
I for one would prefer that we let the guys work on getting the device finished and tested, instead of demanding that they waste time by producing videos and pictures and whatnot all the time.

So there.

How about taking pictures while testing ;)

How about pictures of him thinking of talking pictures while on his way to taking the pictures ??? :blink:

+1

I can picture that.

Trooper

I don't think taking pictures or videos of the Pandora would really cause delays. Other than tweaking the case, I thought most of the time they were just waiting for things to be done which doesn't really involve to much effort. I doubt they have been working for hours nealy everyday on the Pandora project since last year.

Didn't ED say he was going to make videos? But yeah, I think CE testing takes mega priority right now.

We have a update:
My link
There are no translations available.

Just a quick note:
Got an appointment.

CE testing will take place next week on Wednesday and will probably take about 1 - 2 hours.

This will leave me some time to setup the unit to prepare the test. I'm also working together with DJWillis, notaz and cpasjuste at the moment to bring the patchworked OS together :)

i push the tumps for the test on wednesday :rolleyes:

Back