Update From Ed On Official Blog

keaft said:
am I the only one f5ing the current status page?

:lol:

You're gonna have some awfully sore fingers by the time your Pandora arrives!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I asked this question a few days ago.
Didn't get an answer.
Maybe we'll get one here.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:15 PM
Thanks to MWeston about the correction on the factory doing the board assembly.
My questions are:

Is this factory doing the entire final Pandora assembly work?
If so, is there a time frame on getting all the parts other than the boards, keymats, and cases delivered to this factory?
You know, nubs, LCD's, Flex Cables, Hinge Components, Speakers, Batteries, Chargers, miscellaneous screws and hardware?
I would think this could be a big roadblock item if it hasn't been planned for.
I'm hoping that it has.
A simple "Yes" would be nice.
Thanks,
J.

j.pickens said:
Well, I asked this question a few days ago.
Didn't get an answer.
Maybe we'll get one here.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:15 PM
Thanks to MWeston about the correction on the factory doing the board assembly.
My questions are:

Is this factory doing the entire final Pandora assembly work?
If so, is there a time frame on getting all the parts other than the boards, keymats, and cases delivered to this factory?
You know, nubs, LCD's, Flex Cables, Hinge Components, Speakers, Batteries, Chargers, miscellaneous screws and hardware?
I would think this could be a big roadblock item if it hasn't been planned for.
I'm hoping that it has.
A simple "Yes" would be nice.
Thanks,
J.

Someone already said (I think it was Craig) that all of the internal parts (so everything but the cases and boards) have been delivered to the factory. That would imply that the answer to your question is yes. But you never know...

Vorporeal said:
Someone already said (I think it was Craig) that all of the internal parts (so everything but the cases and boards) have been delivered to the factory. That would imply that the answer to your question is yes. But you never know...
It was ED, and it was on the Official blog two days ago. It was later clarified in a post that when he said "all parts" he meant "all parts except the cases", assuming we were intelligent enough to recognize that when you say the cases aren't ready, it means they aren't at the factory.

edit: wait a second. This is the thread dedicated to that very blog post, and the clarification was made in this very thread. Why is this question being asked?

Back