Update From Ed On Official Blog

Loon

From the official Blog :

Quick update
Wednesday, 07 October 2009 08:12 EvilDragon

Just a quick update:

The holy gra... eeerm, the Pandora Rev4 Prototype just arrived here :)

Almost there
Wednesday, 07 October 2009 07:13 EvilDragon

Well, just some nice things you guys would like to know.

1. ALL parts (including the nubs) have arrived at the factory! For ALL 4000 Pandoras!

2. Chinese holidays are almost over, so the case should also be finished soon.

3. The Rev4 prototype Pandora is currently on the way to me so I can do the CE testing (gonna call the company today, I'll let you know when testing will take place)

4. Softwarewise, we're pulling all the patches we have together. The OS needs some more tweaking during the next months, but all the basic stuff does work and the image is pretty stable. I'll do more videos when I get the prototype model.

That's it for now. Short but good news, eh? :)

That is indeed great news, cue fevered speculation re the likelihood of a pre Christmas delivery.

Great news! Now just a bit more waiting, and we're there. :)

Thanks for the update EvilDragon.

So we are basically waiting for the preliminary CE testing for the board production to begin :)

And then the case will be finished in time hopefully (deadline still is Oct 15 right ?)

Hopefully all the accessories and power supply will be ready in time for shipping with the finished Pandora.
I am a bit worried about the logistic of all this to be honest. Haven't head if the power supply have been brought or not at this point.

No, they mean:

whe have all parts for 4000 Pandoras, this is true,
whe have 105 Boards
whe need the cases, and wen the ce test is done, whe must order the rest of the boards, but i think they have all parts for 4000 pandoras (drills, LCDs, Akkus, keymats, noobs, display cables, etc

matzesu said:
No, they mean:

whe have all parts for 4000 Pandoras, this is true,
whe have 105 Boards
whe need the cases, and wen the ce test is done, whe must order the rest of the boards, but i think they have all parts for 4000 pandoras (drills, LCDs, Akkus, keymats, noobs, display cables, etc
I think they're overstocked on those actually ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it had to get excited these days. Sure it's great that things are progressing nicely. But after all these nice little updates, the Pandora still really doesn't feel like it's any closer to me.

Pleng said:
I find it had to get excited these days. Sure it's great that things are progressing nicely. But after all these nice little updates, the Pandora still really doesn't feel like it's any closer to me.

Only when they start shipping it will actually get physically closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back