1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

Some repairing report:

I repaired about 8 today and can do about 11 tomorrow.

Those 11 need new LCD cables and we'll get them today form Global.

I've finally canceled due to nearing my 3rd anniversary of waiting because I really don't want to wait anymore. :( And I'll probably put the money toward the next iPhone. I still might buy another iCP though. :)

3rd anniversary already?

I am nearing my second and i thought i must be pretty far down in the queue :-(

But i will persevere. I want the Pandora. Knowing how many classic preorders are getting fulfilled each month (on a very rough average) would be nice though.

I've finally canceled due to nearing my 3rd anniversary of waiting because I really don't want to wait anymore. :( And I'll probably put the money toward the next iPhone. I still might buy another iCP though. :)

3rd anniversary already?

But i will persevere. I want the Pandora. Knowing how many classic preorders are getting fulfilled each month (on a very rough average) would be nice though.

Well 3years is not too long for Pandora pre-orders.

I got my pre-order one in last November (which is means its takes 3 years and one month)

Yes I'm lucky coz. I can get my one before CC problem appeared.

But current pre-orders also have some advantage coz. can get 512MB unit without upgrade fee. ;)

Some repairing report:

I repaired about 8 today and can do about 11 tomorrow.

Those 11 need new LCD cables and we'll get them today form Global.

Sweet! I might be the lucky one. If so, don't forget to replace my case (added in my note). Still waiting for a reply how and how much to pay...

Last edited by a moderator:

3rd anniversary already?

Well 3years is not too long for Pandora pre-orders.

I got my pre-order one in last November (which is means its takes 3 years and one month)

Yes I'm lucky coz. I can get my one before CC problem appeared.

But current pre-orders also have some advantage coz. can get 512MB unit without upgrade fee. ;)

I would say anything more than a year is too long! my wife order my first one and I had it with in a month! so yeah I can def say I feel for the guy/girl, all original preorders should get a full refund and a pandora, tho this may be a sole propritoy ship I highly doubt no money is being made, especially with the 1ghz orders its not like the chips used are cutting edge. when a bank or something of the sort takes your money you get a return on your investment, a free old pandora and a refund to original preorders seems fitting.

Yeah, I'd like a diamond encrusted wallet stuffed with 50 pound notes, too, but you know what? My premium Pandora kind of makes up for it.

Ordered back in 2008 and no Pandora.

I would be prepared to pay for an update to a 1ghz unit to support the project, If it could be guaranteed that it be delivered and like a previous poster

Timstertoo I dont get why its 330 eur and not 230 eur

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Askarus, are you allowed to comment if any pandoras you've seen either had a broken L Shoulder button, and/or from ND (North Dakota), USA? :p Still have no clue if my pandora made it all the way or not...

Out of curiosity what date did you pre-order? Just wondering if I've gone up the queue at all

what I am just wondering about :

How many people are still left on this preorder list / queue at all ?

I am quite new to this comunity (I guess since march 2012),

so I do not really know any numbers.

Hopefully everyone gets his or her unit some day. =S

Oct. 2008 via Craig and still waiting :/

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

Out of curiosity what date did you pre-order? Just wondering if I've gone up the queue at all

what I am just wondering about :

How many people are still left on this preorder list / queue at all ?

I am quite new to this comunity (I guess since march 2012),

so I do not really know any numbers.

Hopefully everyone gets his or her unit some day. =S

Oct. 2008 via Craig and still waiting :/

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

This has been said before and I am not sure if you saw it, but it would be faster to cancel your order with Craig, get your money back, and re-order with EvilDragon's Dragonbox shop, since he has units readily available. It seems like Craig cannot ship anything to old orders unless he gets a significant amount of new orders to cover for the costs of the old orders still pending.

Hey Askarus, are you allowed to comment if any pandoras you've seen either had a broken L Shoulder button, and/or from ND (North Dakota), USA? :p Still have no clue if my pandora made it all the way or not...

I don't know exactly but there might be one.

Was it a smashed shoulder button or simply a loose one.

I think I had a smashed one in my hands.

When I did my all those with broken LCD-Cables I'll get a better overview.

I'm in holliday for next week.

It's pretty sure that I don't have enouh time to finish all repairs today.

Some have to wait two weeks longer.

I estimate I'll finish 11 Pandoras today.

If no problems occure I might even get done more.

My main goal is to repair as much Pandoras as possible today.

Those who only had LCD-Cable issues are on a good way to get shipped today.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee this. Problems can always occure.

No 600MHz units have been produced for the last few weeks. Wouldn't have made sense, as I got enough on stock.

I'm running out of stock again soon, so more will be produced.

So you have units sitting around collecting dust, meanwhile there are pre-orders from 2008 like myself who get to sit here twiddling our thumbs while what?

They are not collecting dust, they are being sold. There were 100 units available in stock a month ago or so, and now only 40 left. The problem is that if you ordered with Craig, it's not the same company as ED's and therefore you cannot expect ED to be liable for Craig's orders.

So what about those of us who ordered from ED nearly 4 f---ing years ago and haven't heard so much as a peep?

So what about those of us who ordered from ED nearly 4 f---ing years ago and haven't heard so much as a peep?

Did you change your eMail address?

I sent a comprehensive update with a summary, a lot of information and what's happening right now to all my customers about 1 month ago.

This has been said before and I am not sure if you saw it, but it would be faster to cancel your order with Craig, get your money back, and re-order with EvilDragon's Dragonbox shop, since he has units readily available. It seems like Craig cannot ship anything to old orders unless he gets a significant amount of new orders to cover for the costs of the old orders still pending.

Welcome to the reverse-Ponzi scheme, otherwise known as OP. Never seen a business like it in my life.

Welcome to the reverse-Ponzi scheme, otherwise known as OP. Never seen a business like it in my life.

Well i'd say is less of a business and more of a project.

How much better would this project have been with a kickstart at the beginning of it? Worked for the ouya :-/ (inb4 - no ouya's yet)

Well if they had declared bankruptcy you would have lost everything. At least you can hope to get something in the end. I know this is less than ideal, but that's the situation we have to live with for now.

so if we ordered with craig...we're SOL?

Back