1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

4. TV Out Cables

Link was nice enough to send me his cable and I gave it to GC.

They are now checking how much it would cost to produce this. They'll probably solder them manually (which is a fast thing with the TinyBob), as any other company has a minimum order quantity of at least 5000 - and they all have a leadtime of 14 weeks... soldering them manually here at GC will be faster and we won't have to take huge quantities.

Does it mean we can now officially order the tv-cables?

Not yet, I first want those in production.

GC is checking it out first :)

Thanks for the news post!

I will update my 600Mhz Rebirth Edition when the new boards are on stock.

Also good to hear that there will be cheaper Pandoras with boards from CC. I will tell this some friends who never bought a Pandora because of its price.

If I got correctly the 1Ghz units are ging to become the stock ones soon.

Does this mean that we will be able to exchange old ones (or upgrade the PCB)? How much will it be depending on the case? Upgrade from a 256MB or 512MB unit.

Any guess on the chances of receiving a Pandora before the end of the year?

At the rate I'm seeing folks getting shipping notifications, I'm guessing not great. I'm forced to chime in with a meaningless guess because Craig had repeatedly avoided discussing timetables for the remaining un-upgraded pre-orderers.

No 600MHz units have been produced for the last few weeks. Wouldn't have made sense, as I got enough on stock.

I'm running out of stock again soon, so more will be produced.

I can't tell you Craigs shipping rate as I don't know it. Before I left for GamesCom, I sent him another 21 normal units, so those should've been shipped by now.

I've also constantly shipped out units, my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75, so not that many.

Craig shouldn't have too many as well, as he mentioned he refunded many orders during the last weeks.

I'm sorry,I can't give more accurate answers, I don't know anything about his orders or customers.

Uh-oh. Sounds like it's time to stop reinforcing the cases with depleted uranium. I hope he's ok.

I'm looking forward to when boards are in stock. I've decided to upgrade (especially since my tax commission will pay for it), but I don't want to spend it until I can get the unit without a wait.

ED, thanks for the update!

Watching the pics from the GamesCom I wish I could have been there.

Keep the good work but - hey - take a break this weekend.

You certainly deserve it.

BTW: I got some strange UPS notification in my e-mail...

... can't be some Pandora-hardware, could it? :unsure:

Good health to everybody - especially that GC-Operator, ED and Craig.

Hi everybody,

just got another e-mail, this time not from UPS but from ED's shop-system.

> Your order has been updated to the following status: Versendet

That clarifies my question two entries above...

YIPPIIIIIEEE! :D

Thanks ED, have a nice weekend - you - and everybody else in this forum. :)

I can't tell you Craigs shipping rate as I don't know it.

I'm sorry,I can't give more accurate answers, I don't know anything about his orders or customers.

so even with you he doesn't communicate about his orders? we have no information at all.

one sentence as your "my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75" could be so much helpful for us to have more patience.

Craig shouldn't have too many as well, as he mentioned he refunded many orders during the last weeks.

i don't think so because according to what i've read, october 2008 preorders have not been shipped yet.

i'm a february 2010 preorderer, do you think i will receive my unit faster if i cancel from craig's shop and if i order to your shop?

Well, I got Pandoras on stock, so of course getting a refund and reordering it would be faster, but also more expensive.

No 600MHz units have been produced for the last few weeks. Wouldn't have made sense, as I got enough on stock.

I can't tell you Craigs shipping rate as I don't know it. Before I left for GamesCom, I sent him another 21 normal units, so those should've been shipped by now.

I've also constantly shipped out units, my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75, so not that many.

Well I'm really confused, I ordered from Craig on Oct 4, 2008 and I haven't heard anything since Sept 10,2010. I'm in the US, what is the best way to contact him to get an update on my order?

thanks,

charles

so even with you he doesn't communicate about his orders? we have no information at all.

one sentence as your "my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75" could be so much helpful for us to have more patience.
The best he gave over the whole year is this:

Well I'm really confused, I ordered from Craig on Oct 4, 2008 and I haven't heard anything since Sept 10,2010. I'm in the US, what is the best way to contact him to get an update on my order?

thanks,

charles
Sorry, I can't edit. I think it was Craig, the order was from GP32 Distribution Ltd

Is there an upgrade price to go from an old preorder to a 1GHz Pandora?

What's the battery life like of a 1GHz Pandora compared to an older one?

Cheers, B
see here, but contacting Craig shouldn't hurt either

Batterly life is roughly the same

Oof! The 1GHz upgrade is the same cost again as my original order! Think I'll give that a miss :(

Thanks for the info though!

If the 1Ghz are now the only ones being made, does that mean they will at some point drop in price?

Back