1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

Hi Ed, is there a rough timeline for when the next batch of 1ghz units will be sent to Craig? I have the feeling that I'm one of the last in his queue :)

I sure hope my pandora is in the pile to be repaired next week!

I don my best to repair as much Pandiras as I can next week.

A lot of people should be happy soon :) .

Thanks Askarus!

Good to see people helping out.

I don't have my Pandora yet so your won't be repairing mine but I certainly appreciate your community spirit.

Yep, one of my Pandora's is also in for repair + upgrade of the case. Hope there is a good process in place and every request will be handled. FIFO I guess?

Anyway good luck Askarus, hope you will enjoy the work and don't forget take a break whenever you need it :)

Anyway good luck Askarus, hope you will enjoy the work and don't forget take a break whenever you need it

This week and then I'm out on hollidays for one week.

Don't know if I can repair every unit unitll then.

When we're talking of repairs - What are you using to send back the repaired units? I have had mine repaired and it is hopefully on its way back to me, but the info I've gotten is a bit conflicting - On my order page (at EDs shop) it says that it is sent back with German Post, but in the mail I got it says "Versandunternehmen: DHL"? Also, do you usually have tracking numbers? I'm getting a little worried, since I got an email that my pandora was on its way back on the 8th of august. I haven't seen it yet, and DHL around here sometimes fails at sending a notification slip, and just sits on a package for a few weeks and then returns it...Which I very much would not like :D

I too am among the ranks of those waiting for a repair (http://boards.openpa...rop-from-table/) so Askarus' efforts are really appreciated!

Since b_o_b mentioned a case upgrade (those platinum ones? are they more robust or better someway?)...I always had trouble with the back cover hinges - they just won't snap all the way into place properly! I don't know if that's just my Pandora or its a general issue. I wonder if Askarus or ED could look into that for me. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the update!

best wishes to the gc-crew member to become healthy again soon!! :)

Thanks from me too. I've been lurking for a long time, following all the trials and tribulations with interest, and thought it was really about time I joined in. I'm glad to see how the project has survived all the bad luck that has come its way, and I look forward to buying a 1GHz model when finances allow.

Thanks from me too. I've been lurking for a long time, following all the trials and tribulations with interest, and thought it was really about time I joined in. I'm glad to see how the project has survived all the bad luck that has come its way, and I look forward to buying a 1GHz model when finances allow.

Welcome to the fray, Agrajag. Your sharp, pointy teeth should serve you well. The waters are still pretty turbulent, but I too am glad to see the Pandora project sailing on.

No 600MHz units have been produced for the last few weeks. Wouldn't have made sense, as I got enough on stock.

I'm running out of stock again soon, so more will be produced.

So you have units sitting around collecting dust, meanwhile there are pre-orders from 2008 like myself who get to sit here twiddling our thumbs while what?

Just wondering how many old preorders there are remaining?

There are a lot more of us than they would have you know.

Is there an upgrade price to go from an old preorder to a 1GHz Pandora?
see here, but contacting Craig shouldn't hurt either

What about an upgrade price for those of us who haven't received a single thing since 2008?

No 600MHz units have been produced for the last few weeks. Wouldn't have made sense, as I got enough on stock.

So you have units sitting around collecting dust, meanwhile there are pre-orders from 2008 like myself who get to sit here twiddling our thumbs while what?

They are not collecting dust, they are being sold. There were 100 units available in stock a month ago or so, and now only 40 left. The problem is that if you ordered with Craig, it's not the same company as ED's and therefore you cannot expect ED to be liable for Craig's orders.

They are not collecting dust, they are being sold. There were 100 units available in stock a month ago or so, and now only 40 left. The problem is that if you ordered with Craig, it's not the same company as ED's and therefore you cannot expect ED to be liable for Craig's orders.

It's more kinda that they need the money from those sales to pay for the components for the next batch (some of which will be sent to us early preorderers).

It's difficult knowing that there are Pandoras sitting around, you've just got to remind yourself that if he gave them away some people would get there pandoras and then nobody else would... but if he sells them then we'll all eventually get our ones.

so even with you he doesn't communicate about his orders? we have no information at all.

one sentence as your "my remaining batch 1 orders are about 75" could be so much helpful for us to have more patience.
The best he gave over the whole year is this:

http://boards.openpa...ue/#entry161543

Yeah...........I have a feeling Christmas #4 is coming.

Actually I and my friends we are bidding on if I will get Pandora or Ouya first ;)

Some little report:

We did some repairings and upgrades today.

Hopefuly we will catch up with all repairings and upgrades untillend of this week.

Back