1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

At least if we'd lost everything there wouldn't be hundreds of people getting their machines years before the people who made it happen in the first place.

But whatever.

So you'd rather have it that we all filed insolvency and no one of the old supporters would ever get money back OR a Pandora instead of a slower delivery with the possibility to get it right away?

Doesn't really make sense in my eyes.

This has been said before and I am not sure if you saw it, but it would be faster to cancel your order with Craig, get your money back, and re-order with EvilDragon's Dragonbox shop, since he has units readily available. It seems like Craig cannot ship anything to old orders unless he gets a significant amount of new orders to cover for the costs of the old orders still pending.

so if we ordered with craig...we're SOL?

You have three options:

• Pay the difference of what you originally paid and the current price and get a Pandora right away.
  • Cancel your order like shown above
  • Just wait, eventually you will get one. but the pace will be slow.

At least if we'd lost everything there wouldn't be hundreds of people getting their machines years before the people who made it happen in the first place.

But whatever.

Look, you have a solution. I told you what you can do. It's up to you if you want to do something about it or not. If you just decide to wait you may never get anything. You can ask for refund, and reorder somewhere else, or wait forever. Your choice in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe when a lot of people will ask the refund, pandora team will finally decide to sue CC for damages?

But whatever.
No? One of the options was filing insolvency, dropping all old pre-orders, liquidate all existing assets, and use that to start a new company to sell GC Pandora's directly. In other words, you'd have lost everything, and hundreds of people would still be getting their machines before the people who made it happen (who would in turn be getting nothing, not even the chance of a refund). Personally I'm glad they chose to stick around and at least try to honor those old pre-orders, but like you say, whatever.

I ordered day 2 from Craig's store and haven't quite given up hope yet I may see something. From the original order they've already increased the RAM by 4 times and improved the cases, LCD cables and nubs. At this point I'd rather order a new unit from ED's store just to have it and continue waiting for to see if there will be any more free upgrades. I'm no better off financially than I was 4 years ago, but $330 isn't going to affect my life whether I have it or not.

But whatever.

So you'd rather have it that we all filed insolvency and no one of the old supporters would ever get money back OR a Pandora instead of a slower delivery with the possibility to get it right away?

Doesn't really make sense in my eyes.

I didn't say that. We all know what we'd RATHER have. At this point though it's less about desires and more about picking the bits of silver lining out of the vomitous mass this whole debacle has become.

Look, you have a solution. I told you what you can do. It's up to you if you want to do something about it or not. If you just decide to wait you may never get anything. You can ask for refund, and reorder somewhere else, or wait forever. Your choice in the end.
Thank you SO much for telling me what I can do, but I was lecturing people on their options in this regard long before the Craiginator was an itch in CC's pants. If you'd been reading the thread you'd see I'd made my selection from the options.

No? One of the options was filing insolvency, dropping all old pre-orders, liquidate all existing assets, and use that to start a new company to sell GC Pandora's directly. In other words, you'd have lost everything, and hundreds of people would still be getting their machines before the people who made it happen (who would in turn be getting nothing, not even the chance of a refund). Personally I'm glad they chose to stick around and at least try to honor those old pre-orders, but like you say, whatever.
Oh Stan. I still love you.

Yes, that would have been an option. Do you think that level of bastardry would have rocked the True Believers at all? All they have at the moment is a (potentially, if you can get one) great product, the goodwill of a chunk of the (not yet completely disillusioned) community and the integrity of ED (and anyone else not Craig, really). How far might they have got by tossing away the last two? ICP? Product3? Pandora2? Any hope of redemption?

Let's hope we never have to find out.

Out of curiosity what date did you pre-order? Just wondering if I've gone up the queue at all

what I am just wondering about :

How many people are still left on this preorder list / queue at all ?

I am quite new to this comunity (I guess since march 2012),

so I do not really know any numbers.

Hopefully everyone gets his or her unit some day. =S

Oct. 2008 via Craig and still waiting :/

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

This has been said before and I am not sure if you saw it, but it would be faster to cancel your order with Craig, get your money back, and re-order with EvilDragon's Dragonbox shop, since he has units readily available. It seems like Craig cannot ship anything to old orders unless he gets a significant amount of new orders to cover for the costs of the old orders still pending.

Faster I will cancel my order and will not support Open Pandora but in that case I will be a loser and quitter.

Welcome to the reverse-Ponzi scheme, otherwise known as OP. Never seen a business like it in my life.

I wrote about it long time ago.

so, yeah, we all know this is a bad situation thanks to CC we're in here, but do posts like this have to repeat every once in a while?

It's not that they can change anything or that we're happy about all that, so what's the sense of them?

People like to complain in order to "blow off some steam". This is a tough situation and it has been going on for years, so I can see why it would happen. I guess you can look on the bright side, if you guys were based in the U.S. you certianly would have been sued a couple of times already. We Americans love to take people to court.

As tough as the current situation is, I think it is probably the best, most fair solution. If you would have declared bankruptcy, everyone would have lost everything with no possible recourse.

Hmm, not sure if there was something you could sue me for....you either get the device or a refund.... nothing that gives you a proper reason to sue.... and yeah, I can understand the whole waiting can piss you off.... but being the one who still has to deliver is even worse...

so, yeah, we all know this is a bad situation thanks to CC we're in here, but do posts like this have to repeat every once in a while?

It's not that they can change anything or that we're happy about all that, so what's the sense of them?

They're frustrated. Rightfully so. They prepaid for an item 3 years ago and new orders have bumped their old orders. We all know the logic as to why this is happening, but it does not change that underlying truth.

We all know those two facts.

1. There are people who are still waiting in the original preorder queue.

2. OpenPandora has to sell units to make the money to fulfill those orders.

Now that production is smooth and, in theory, those waiting in the old preorder queue should be getting serviced. The 1Ghz Pandoras were supposed to have moved many of the old preorders through. What nobody knows is - how many and how fast?

How many original preorders are left to be fulfilled?

How many original preorders have been fulfilled since GC production started?

How many original preorders have been fulfilled since 1Ghz production started?

Showing that something -is- happening with them would go a long way toward supporting the argument of "you'll get it eventually".

I have one of the last original CC Pandoras produced and shipped through the CraigIX queue before things went to hell. I also have a modern GC 1Ghz Pandora.

For those of you in still waiting in the queue - the quality is MUCH higher on the GC units. You're getting a bargain of the century for your patience - a $500 machine for $330. It is unfortunate that you have to be so patient.

ED & CraigIX - run your businesses as you see fit. However, a bit more information on what is left of the queue and how fast it is being worked would go a long ways toward credibility.

I don't get it.. a lot of Pandora's have been sold on ebay or here for prices significantly lower than a new one.

Tired of waiting? Cancel and buy a used Pandora.

Now that production is smooth and, in theory, those waiting in the old preorder queue should be getting serviced. The 1Ghz Pandoras were supposed to have moved many of the old preorders through. What nobody knows is - how many and how fast?

Already mentioned a couple of times (more than once):

One 1GHz moves the queue by one.

How many original preorders are left to be fulfilled?

Mentioned a couple of times as well: about 170 of my customers and some number from Craig (I don't know his exact numbers, but a guesstimation is on the status page of the website)

How many original preorders have been fulfilled since GC production started?

Could've been guessed when following the changes of the status screen... we started with 1300... so it should be about 600, the remaining ones were refunds.

How many original preorders have been fulfilled since 1Ghz production started?

Production of the 1GHz units hasn't really started yet, we just had test runs, but AFAIK, about 60 more had been delivered, at least 60 were upgrades (so removed from the classic preorder queue as well) and I think Craig had another 150 refunds.

Showing that something -is- happening with them would go a long way toward supporting the argument of "you'll get it eventually".

We have a three on the German boards where people post when their Pandora arrived and.I encourage them via mail to post there.

Before I did that only one out of 20 did post there, the rest remained silent. Probably the same here.

I usually update the status page at least once a month, so progress can be seen here.

ED & CraigIX - run your businesses as you see fit. However, a bit more information on what is left of the queue and how fast it is being worked would go a long ways toward credibility.

We both got totally different business styles, so much I can tell you.

The remaining numbers of my queue is no secret regular visitors here, I have posted multiple times. I don't know any of Craigs numbers myself, so I can only guess here as well.

Have any original pre orders in Craig's queue been sent say the last three months?

I have the feeling that none are being sent and Craig is simply waiting for everyone left to either upgrade or get a refund.

He's stated all his queues are going down nicely but I doubt the original pre order one is going down through actual deliveries.

I'd love to be wrong though!

Back