1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

I feel the same way as Timstertoo. I don't read every post, but I haven't seen anyone with a non-upgraded order say they've received their pandora in a while. I understand he needs to keep cash on hand for refunds and to have done some prototyping for the ICP2 though.

Once the 600Mhz units resume production we'll see if the success of the 1Ghz sales and hopeful success of the ICP2 kickstarter will allow for some more original orders to be delivered for a loss. I'll certainly post if I get a shipping mail and a follow up on delivery.

I have the feeling that none are being sent and Craig is simply waiting for everyone left to either upgrade or get a refund.
that's a depressing thought...
I saw a few people posting here that claimed to receive classic preorder from him, but only a few over many months..

Of course not everyone is posting when they receive a unit, but it makes me wonder too.

I feel the same way as Timstertoo. I don't read every post, but I haven't seen anyone with a non-upgraded order say they've received their pandora in a while. I understand he needs to keep cash on hand for refunds and to have done some prototyping for the ICP2 though.

Once the 600Mhz units resume production we'll see if the success of the 1Ghz sales and hopeful success of the ICP2 kickstarter will allow for some more originoal orders to be delivered for a loss. I'll certainly post if I get a shipping mail and a follow up on delivery.

There is no need to resume production. ED has them in stock gathering dust.

What's worrying me is that apparantely the money to honor the upgraded orders isn't there either as there is an upgraded queue while the units to fill them have already been produced in Germany.

So original pre order money is gone.

Premiums where supposed to help sent the original pre orders out but those paid funds are gone to as ED has units but Craig is not buying them. So it Looks like those funds have been allocated elsewhere too.

Enter the 1ghz premium-premium units who should help the original pre orders move but appear to only move themselves and some of the premiums.

As I said earlier I'd love to be wrong but I see the shape of a pyramid emerging here. Only difference is that in a true pyramid scheme the last ones in are screwed instead of the first ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the feeling that none are being sent and Craig is simply waiting for everyone left to either upgrade or get a refund.
that's a depressing thought...
I saw a few people posting here that claimed to receive classic preorder from him, but only a few over many months..

Of course not everyone is posting when they receive a unit, but it makes me wonder too.

Thing is, if he is really doing that, why not just come out and say so? Get it over with. Everyone can decide wat they do, either pay more or get a refund. We have one last huge shitstorm on the forum for a week or two but then everyone can go get on with their lives.

Honestly the majority of people don't post at all when they get their pandoras. I dont see anything other than a screwed up situation that OP are trying to fix.

It sucks big time for original preorder guys but there's clearly not much that can be done. Although if Ed or craig could put a small secret gift in the box with the pandora(nothing that would break the bank) for every original pre-orderer from now on that might be a nice gesture.

Can you stop this ridiculous claim of units "gathering dust" ? Check the numbers in the Dragonbox shop, they are clearly being progressively sold.

As I said earlier I'd love to be wrong but I see the shape of a pyramid emerging here. Only difference is that in a true pyramid scheme the last ones in are screwed instead of the first ones.

That's why it's not a pyramid scheme - it would not work if "the first ones are screwed and not the last ones" because then they would have no business if everyone throught they were crooks or something.

Honestly the majority of people don't post at all when they get their pandoras. I dont see anything other than a screwed up situation that OP are trying to fix.
It sucks big time for original preorder guys but there's clearly not much that can be done. Although if Ed or craig could put a small secret gift in the box with the pandora(nothing that would break the bank) for every original pre-orderer from now on that might be a nice gesture.

Or to give reasonable discount on 1GHz unit as a compensation. As somebody mentioned before. OP management team need to face the music...

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

Can you stop this ridiculous claim of units "gathering dust" ? Check the numbers in the Dragonbox shop, they are clearly being progressively sold.

True - I am already planning the next order of normal units, as I'll be running out of them soon.

Based on my experience, only one out of 20 posts when he receives the Pandora.

It was the same on the german boards, until I mentioned in the shipping mail it would be nice if they could post there so that people can see we're moving.

True - I am already planning the next order of normal units, as I'll be running out of them soon.

so when these are received, how many classic orders will be distributed where and when?

It's not about how many units are in stock, it's about how many units are actually SOLD. That's sales that bring revenues. Keeping units in a warehouse bring no money to anyone.

That's why it's not a pyramid scheme - it would not work if "the first ones are screwed and not the last ones" because then they would have no business if everyone throught they were crooks or something.

I'm not talking about ED, I'm talking about an upgraded queue at Craig's shop that's not being sent every unit available while it was said that they would be sent as soon as they are produced.

Or are you claiming that there is no premium queue at Craig's shop with people in that queue waiting months?

My point is that it's irrelevant for Craig's customers if ED produces a 100 or 100.000 more right now as it won't speed up even Craig's premium queue. If it would he would have bought the ones in stock and sent them to his premium customers.

What is also irrelevant for people in Craig's queue is how many units ED sells. That's good for ED and his customers but doesn't send a single extra unit to Craig's queue. Craig has to buy them from ED, ED's sales don't influence the amount of money Craig has.

So I don't think it's a ridiculous claim but it's hard talking to a sycophant so Let's agree to disagree, you're probably not even in Craig's queue.

Given that ED is transparent in many of his business practices, and the vast majority of pre-orders (both the euphemistic "Classic" and the doubly-mocking "Premium") are in Craig's various queues, how about from here on in we just assume that any disgruntled customer that has the temerity to ask where his long-awaited Pandora is and when he can reasonably expect to receive what he long-ago paid for is talking about an order from Craig's shop. That might save us all a little time.

Errm, not entirely true.

Craig also gets units from the sales of the normal Pandoras.

With the last 1GHz shipment, he got 20 normal units as well.

Errm, not entirely true.

Craig also gets units from the sales of the normal Pandoras.

With the last 1GHz shipment, he got 20 normal units as well.

Ah! That I've missed. I thought he had to buy every unit.

In that case, why don't you take me up on the offer of getting you a review on www.gamekings.tv or www.teamhww.nl and get more sales?

I PM'd you months ago but no reaction. They have huge exposure in Holland and have most appeal to the older games so the 18-55 group.

I can get you in direct contact with the right person for a review unit and you guys can sort out the paperwork.

I PM'd you months ago but no reaction. They have huge exposure in Holland and have most appeal to the older games so the 18-55 group.

Months ago there was no stock of Pandora available. No point adverstising when you have no inventory to sell !

Plus, ED gets hundreds of PMs and emails - he does not have time to see everything at once. You have to reach him many times before getting an answer sometimes.

Months ago there was no stock of Pandora available. No point adverstising when you have no inventory to sell !

Plus, ED gets hundreds of PMs and emails - he does not have time to see everything at once. You have to reach him many times before getting an answer sometimes.

I could've sworn I adressed ED and not his trusted sidekick.

Why do you think I would remind him right after he told me he's about to produce a lot more hmmmm?

Also I initially offered in the thread where OPT was asking where they should promote.

But ok, nevermind, no video review. Even when I come with a solid opportunity to get some more out there I have to wade through sycophants. Silly me.

I'll be back after the another Xmas without my Pandora emo raging in a couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back