Zomb''d Development Page.

How are the levels going to be constructed for the game? Have map files would mean people can make their own levels etc. Also any plans of multiplayer modes or even coop?

Maybe something like the Cave Story soundtrack? That would be great. If you need more inspiration, www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dQo0fNaQx0. That one should really help you out.

'Mattz' said:
How are the levels going to be constructed for the game? Have map files would mean people can make their own levels etc. Also any plans of multiplayer modes or even coop?
I'm just in the process of finishing off a level editor atm. I've already got the character moving on a scrolling landscape - well, a set of coloured squares to be precise. As for users making their own levels, I'm not sure that's a good idea tbh. The game will be played as a story, rather than a level based attack-a-thon, so will be quite linear. It might be possible...

Single player only. I've never coded any network stuff and I don;t have the time at the moment to start trying it out. This year has been too big a time-sucker for me already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iprice said it.
It will be a game that will make you think more than a Beat em up.
We want to make zombies a real threat too so thats going to make you think before you shoot too.

Im pretty sure the gameplay will be great though!
So maybe a survival ( stand your ground ) Arcade mode will be avalaible with one or two maps. who knows! just for the people who wants to go Dead rising on the game once they are done with it.

looks quite promising so far!
good luck, i'm eager to try it! :D
and will it be only for pandora or gp2x also ?

Development is primarily aimed at Windows pc and Pandora. It may be available on other platforms at some point, including GP2X, Wiz, Linux and Mac OSX. Possibly.

Well if it compiles fine on the Pandora, it should just be a matter of recompiling to make it work on Linux...

The song is ok but I think it doesn't have a distinct rhythm or beat, or at least one that comes naturally. sounds more like the format of a given song of an idm album rather than a videogame

'arrrgh' said:
Well if it compiles fine on the Pandora, it should just be a matter of recompiling to make it work on Linux...
Except that I don't know yet if it compiles on a Pandora, but I do know it compiles fine for a linux pc. ;)

Anyway, I've sent Mr Gonzo the map editor, so hopefully we'll see some actual levels taking shape very soon :)

I'm not sure that new tune would fit into a Boss fight either - it's just too twee, and not "hard" enough. It's not bad, but as PoisonedV states, there is no real tune there. Consider the very first boss music for R-Type (Dobkeratops) - something along those lines would be perfect. There's plenty of time to get it right though. :)

like i said it was a first draft/test ! aha. ( did in a few minutes when i woke up this morning. Some important musical stuff is missing in there aha. )
Im free To start working fulltime on zomb'd starting Wednesday!

im out of work ( contract ended )
And Governement will pay me employement insurance for 6 months.
LETS MAKE PROFIT OUT OF THE SITUATION!

^^ That's not the right attitude dude. That's 6 months to look for a job ;).

But, if it means we're going to be killing zombies sooner? Fuck it.

Job insurance? Fuck, I need to move to Canada. Any more ideas on how you'll fight?

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Iprice said it.
It will be a game that will make you think more than a Beat em up.
We want to make zombies a real threat too so thats going to make you think before you shoot too.

Im pretty sure the gameplay will be great though!
So maybe a survival ( stand your ground ) Arcade mode will be avalaible with one or two maps. who knows! just for the people who wants to go Dead rising on the game once they are done with it.
Every time I watch a Zombie Movie or play Resident Evil I imagine that Michael Jackson is dancing around the next corner "Thriller-style" so I can't take Zombie Games serious. :lol:
Your Game could be a very funny Zombie Game too. I like the "think thing" :)

Back