Zomb''d Development Page.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
im out of work ( contract ended )
And Governement will pay me employement insurance for 6 months.
LETS MAKE PROFIT OUT OF THE SITUATION!
I've been doing the exact same thing since December...minus the being productive. :unsure:

The good news is; I'm actually caught up on watching anime...the bad news is that the earliest I've waken up this week is 3PM. :eek:

I can easily get another job...only problem is that my previous job paid so well that I get more from EI than I would if I went and got a job somewhere else...so why bother. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
'Username' said:
Well, seeing as it is a point and click, how will you "take care of" the semi-deceased? Traps maybe?
It doesn't look like this is going to be a point and click game any more (I know that's what I originally signed up to do). I think an arcade adventure style game would suit it better now that ideas are starting to flow. A point & click game would certainly be easier to code; I've done one already -
CODE
http://www.booleansoup.com/index.php?p=gallerygames&mode=view_item&type=full&id=128

well the point and click thing was more for the way we're going to solve problems.

pick stuff up , manage , combine.

I always loved the way you solved problems in point and click games.
The goofy way you had to think... etc etc.
( never really liked survival games puzzles ).

i want the best of all the worlds ^^.

i always thought of Grim fandango as a "point and click" game even though you controled the characters with the d-pad and other buttons for the actions.

1g5gmv.png

Here one of the few appearances of the hero.
Im pretty sure they will all make it to the game.
Exept for the shelter one , and if it makes it , it wont be playable.

there will be 3 major chapters in the game...
Maybe releasing them as episodes could be a cool thing!

Those different outfits look great, maybe muss his hair up a bit in the home one as if he just got up and add bags under the eyes?

I have to say so far the designs and ideas for this game seem really REALLY great! good work!

ahahah.
I don't know i wanted something random on his shirt , I first drew a little Rabbit , but it looked to girly , so one thing lead to an other and he got a carrot on his shirt !

Good idea though for the hair thing!

f3dk6b.gif

Picking up objects on high surfaces.

16gyepy.gif

Picking stuff up from the ground.

Here's a list of a few essential items that are going to be in the game ( hopefully )
At the left its going to be the appearance of the item when in the menu and at the right is the item in the game world.
we have the ( placed in order of HP replenishment ):

-Cola
-Energie drink
-Cupcake ( did a donut at first but it would've looked weird and unreconizable in the world )
-Instant Ration ( yuck )
-American Hamburger
-Health kit

And bullets:

-Shotgun bullets
-Handgun bullets
-Magnum bullets

2u53tpc.png

Mmm, rough-retro-Pixel-Art, I love it! :) Maybe his head is still a little bit "stiff" during moving but it looks good enough to make it 1:1 in the final game.

Batting Combo
2uro7wi.gif

Here , told you i'd start working more seriously on Zomb'd as soon as wednesday arrived ! aha.
There's two other animations: Batting Horizontaly , Batting verticaly but i thought id only post the combo since its a mix of both.

Batting Vertically More than once on a zombie will cause death ( exploding the head ) but that asks alot of hits , and being exposed to other zombies while doing it.

Batting horizontally will instantly send the zombie to the floor.
It can help you flee easily...
But it will never kill him.

So do bat but think first!

Back