Zomb''d Development Page.

You should reference the old nerd debate about whether the "zombies" in 28 Days Later were actually zombies, or just mutants.

Person A: "So when did you start working here?"
Person B: "Oh, like a month ago. 28 days to be exact."
Person A: "28 days? That's not a month. That's like... a mutant month."
Person B: "Not if it's a leap year."

...or if there's no dialogue, just calendars around the walls, marked at the 28th.

Last edited by a moderator:
@gruso: i actually liked the dialog .... ahahah
I SHALL SEE WHAT I CAN DO WITH THAT.

Thanks to you gruso! maybe one day Zombd release will appear on your legendary blog!

@david Bowman: Maybe while walking in the city we could see the theater from The Video clip.
I don't wanna go into the too obvious.
More like Subtle things to pay Homage to zombie classics

Hehe it's not just my blog... I just post a lot to see my name on the screen. :p

I'm looking forward to putting Zomb'd on the blog actually, just waiting for the right time. Nail's Adventure went up today, and I threw in a mention of Zomb'd at the end.

A little test WIP - nothing at all special.

CODE
http://iprice.remakes.org/my_stuff/zombd_wip01.rar
Windows only.

I'm aware of the sprite movement from non-gun mode to gun mode (and vice versa) - we will need to create the arms/weapons as independent sprites from the main body etc. Not a big problem.

You fiend, I was about to go to bed! Simple but fun little demo, great to see some sprite animation in action. A delicious taste of things to come. :D

Looking great!
It works perfecly under wine with no modifications for those ones who don`t have windows.
What libraries are you using in order to scale things?
Are you eventually going to release the sources?
Keep up the good work!! :D

Very nice, I just tried the sprite demo. One thought: does anyone think there should be a couple frames of animation when you change direction, rather than an instant `mirror` effect? Lovely sprite animations so far, just a thought.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Maybe while walking in the city we could see the theater from The Video clip.
I don't wanna go into the too obvious.
More like Subtle things to pay Homage to zombie classics
The theater in the background would be perfect. I was only being facetious when I said the bit about dancing. But if you want recognizable zombie stuff, Thriller is definitely recognizable.

Funny (and irrelevant) bug: If you press Left and Right simultanous, he walk twice as fast :p

Homage ideas? Ok, here we go...
- obviously a zombie named Bub (Day of the Dead)
- a strange, alien-like kid and his stupid mother (Burial Ground)
- an inflated rubbershark (maybe decoration in a cubicle) dropping onto a zombie, causing him to attack it. Could be a puzzle: find the shark, inflate it, throw it on a zombie to distract him, maybe in a pool (Zombi 2)
- the symbol of the Keto cult on some wall, and the annoying sound that is always played when it's seen on screen (Zombi Holocaust)
- the Book of Eibon, maybe containing some information for a puzzle (The Beyond/City of the Living Dead)
- a priest who hanged himself to death (City of the Living Dead)
- an American Chicken Bunker restaurant (Poultrygeist - Night of the Chicken Dead)
- a very slow blind zombie, only reacting to the sound of our hero, maybe in a sneaking-sequence (Tomb of the Blind Dead)

Needs more "We're coming to get you Barbara."

Both Evil Dead and Evil Dead II were great, but Army of Darkness remains my favorite. Bruce Campbell FTW.

Back