Zomb''d Development Page.

This looks like a really cool game zombie games are always the coolest keep up the good work B)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, this is looking awesome. i know the atmospheres going to badass, so lets hope the gameplay follows suit

Eeeeee, high-pitched squeeling noises all around. I have to ask Mr. Gonzo, when you do new sprites/animations do you take a while to get something you like, or do you usually nail it rather quickly?

wow , now im surprised to say... yes i do nail it MOSTLY all the time (sure everything always need tweaking but minor stuff mostly)

But its by repetition , i used to work like crazy to have those kind of results.

Still have problem with stuff like fitting colors togheter, tricky perspective and backgrounds though.

I used to only work on paper , with regular pencils ( no color pencils , couldn't afford any back in the days) and only drawing characters So drawing people is my main thing. Animation is my second ( but im far from proud of it yet ).
All the rest needs alot of learning.

I got plenty of time though.
im just 18.
Yup just like PoisonedV!
aha.

Hero Taking a hit.
nf46yv.gif

(its the animation of the hero only , so you can imagine the blood splashing.)

I'll try to do two other reactions so it doesn't look like a loop when you're getting hit from all sides.

Sorry i didn't do much today i had a really busy day!

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Hero Taking a hit.
nf46yv.gif

(its the animation of the hero only , so you can imagine the blood splashing.)

I'll try to do two other reactions so it doesn't look like a loop when you're getting hit from all sides.
Sorry i didn't do much today i had a really busy day!

I don't really get it. What direction is he supposed to be receiving damage from in that anim?

'Xian Long' said:
what's that... thing. the thing that comes out of nowhere in the frame where both eyes are closed.
The character's wearing a button-down shirt - it's the bottom button. It's generally hidden by his tie, but if you look closely at some of Gonzo's images/animations, you can see it.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Falling to the ground ( it looks weird without him scrolling to the left , but you can imagine )
2eq5aja.gif
So that's why they say not to drop the soap when you are in prison. Now I get it. :rolleyes:

'CyruzDraxs' said:
'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Falling to the ground ( it looks weird without him scrolling to the left , but you can imagine )
2eq5aja.gif
So that's why they say not to drop the soap when you are in prison. Now I get it. :rolleyes:

Also, who wants to use soap that's been on the floor? Who knows how dirty that might be!

Give me some gameplay footage dammnit! Get your coders of their asses!

I can't work with nothing! You've seen more imagery on the forums than I've been given. And I have a life, family and a job too.

I've created a map editor specifically for the game, but have no tiles to put into it. I've created a title screen with animated effects (not shown here) and done a quick interactive demo, with only a few images. It's not even as though I've been given a specific direction for the game - it's evolved significantly since the original concept was discussed. I don't generally work like this, and most other coders don't either.

I need more! More sprites. More input. More time. Then you'll get more :)

However, I know that Mr Gonzo is also busy, so can't give everything to me right here, right now. There is a limit to productivty from both of us. I can only work with what I've got. And Mr Gonzo can only give things to me as they are done. I'd love to give you the whole first section as it's playing in my head. I would really love to. But I can't. Yet.

Back