Zomb''d Development Page.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Here is our little quadrupled dude in the Pandora's 800x480 rez.
That leaves us mucho space to work with.
ojf0ht.png

sure it will look smaller on the panda but still gonna look like X3 or X2.
BUT will obviously look like X4 on the PC version if not bigger!
The cheap keyboard in the beginning will instantly break.
but then as a secret weapon he could find an IBM one in the coders area and comment on how solid they are.
It would be the same sprite though... just a different color . hehe.

I can see some good coder humor coming from iprice since im pretty sure he will be part of the idea side and not just coding hehe.

alright, yeah, that does a look alot better. still alittle cramped in my opinion but im sure youll be able to tweak the gameplay style if it doesnt work. cant wait for this game. pillow fights for life

Last edited by a moderator:
'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Reloadin'
Maybe animation for reload might be some more with epic stance?

You should split your character in legs and body so you can combine running with shooting, walking with reloading, etc.
If I were in you I would add a pair of frames to the running cycle...

Good luck, I like your style

thanks for the advices good idea of separating both frames... it must be really easily codable to just pin both togheter. ( i was thinking of doing the same thing , but only for my own work flow. )
exept for the runnin' and gunning. i want more of a survival take , not shoot em all type of game.
Think of Resident Evil, Only shoot when immobile.

Yeah, your programmer shouldn't have any trouble mixing limbs. You could give the player the ability to customize himself. Like, if he shoots a zombie straight in the face at a close distance, the face changes to one with slightly more blood. Once you've split up the frames, stuff like that is real easy.

Damn, 2D stuff is so much fun and so easy. Really wanna start a 2D project along side TINCS, but I know I'm going to get sidetracked big time on it.

nah , two projects at the same time is a no-no man.
I tried numerous time in the past and you just end up abandoning both.
One at a time is the way, anyway for me its the only way to finish projects!
(keep up the good work TINCS will be sweet! i am secretly a huge FPS fan/gamer)

On my part i have a real sweet 3d game idea that i'm keeping for later :).
With my other 2D projects in the making i'll have plenty of time to learn the basics of 3D. ( i learn really fast too )

How to combine sweet game play/ideas with style, that's the way to go!

Looking good! Can't wait to see a playable demo of this. :D

I've actually started the coding now - I spent some time sorting out a nice scaling routine for pc, so it can be played at a variety of resolutions :) It's also got a standalone sprite going through various series of animations at my control. Next will be proper movement.

I can't put into words how much I love your work. Long live the second demension!

This looks great. I'm looking forward to this.

Has anyone here ever read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (Mel Brook's son)? It's very entertaining.

Back