Zomb''d Development Page.

'Username' said:
Do you make it with that one chick in the end?
She should totally turn into a zombie boss and you'd have to kill her. HA!

Last edited by a moderator:
well since it seems that mr gonzo may be basing the characters on himself and his girlfriend, that would be kind of weird

anyway i dont see how the gameplay would work in such a low resolution

What on earth has low resolution got to do with gameplay?

Plenty of excellent games have/had very low resolutions - both from the old 8bit days and today. Personally I love the chunky style. Just because we can have ultra high resolutions nowadays doesn't mean that we have to use them.

Me and my girlfriend ?
What?! ahahah.

The girl will be there for a brief moment in the game , and if i based her off my girlfriend she wouldn't have a big cleavage, blue eyes and nothing in the brains. ahaha.
For my part i don't work in an office , i work in a lab , got shaved hair and black eyes.

Tell me ... where did you learn about that ? aha.

And Iprice is right.
Style as nothing to do with gameplay.

Ian, We have some brainstorming to do !

Guess how you get across
25r36de.png

Won't be able tu upload much today , gotta go work!

-Gonzo

Security Room.
Remember it's not only an office ,
Its a whole enterprise!

All the weapons have a good reason to be there ahaha.
Like the Baseball bat, it's for the Office baseball team.

Fire Axe much ? hell yeah!

The introduction weapons ( Tutorial weapons ) are the weakest: Keyboard as a melee weapon , and stapler as ranged weapon.

More Concept gameplay on other features soon.

Is the engine ready to roll? Or hasn't the coding started yet and we still talk about Concept art? What's with the other 2D project? \^_\^

Nobody was willing to code for it, And it was to big for a starting project.

Iprice had bin willing to work on Zomb'd For Months though.

It's funny how just when i started working on this , some coder decided to code nail's adventure on his own. ahah.

Im pretty sure it won't be long and iprice will already be pumping lines of code into the game.

kf3wgl.png

here! Moving objects will be an important Mechanic in the game.
Doors will be easily broke down and multiply the number of enemies in a room making it to crowded for survival.
An object in front of a door will break after a certain amount of time and depending on how much zombies you left in that room.

Im thinking of the barricade option , where you can push an object on the floor in front of you blocking Zombies from coming that way for a temporary moment.
And if armed with a gun you can still shoot them from your safe spot you built.
You will obviously be able to jump over the barricades and not the zombies OR the zombies could climb slowly one after another.

It will be also possible to grab smaller objects over your head and drop/throw them ( Think of Zelda ).
Obviously this - in conjunction with the push mechanic - will also be a good puzzle oriented mechanic.

Stay tuned.

This looks like it's going to be excellent. Can't wait to see what you guys put together.

MrGonzo, what do you mean about Nail's Adventure? Someone is working on it separately? It wouldn't be Ryleh would it?

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Me and my girlfriend ?
What?! ahahah.

The girl will be there for a brief moment in the game , and if i based her off my girlfriend she wouldn't have a big cleavage, blue eyes and nothing in the brains. ahaha.
For my part i don't work in an office , i work in a lab , got shaved hair and black eyes.

Tell me ... where did you learn about that ? aha.

And Iprice is right.
Style as nothing to do with gameplay.

Ian, We have some brainstorming to do !
Sorry, lol, must have been thinking about some other drawing or something you did that you said something vaguely similar about. lol.
anyway, as far as gameplay goes, I was assuming the game is going to have its pixels x4 like this when the game comes out, was that assumption incorrect?

@PoisonedV:
Ahah Confused with this?
CODE
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nIG6RE1MTDg/SV6Eu3gvcVI/AAAAAAAAABY/J979zTUN068/s1600-h/PIXECOUPLE.png

Yes the pixels are going to be huge, but the engine wont be pixelX4 oriented or Tile Oriented.
Modern engine with OLD retro graphics.

@Gruso:
Originaly yes (last discussion i had with him was a long time ago and was about changing the Graphics to Vectors instead of pixels) and jsmtux started working independently on an engine of his own. ( that i heard was well organized so multiple coders could work on it. )
Gotta love Open Projects ^^.

hahahaha That would actually be an AWESOME idea!
As an unlockable mini game when you finish the Game , The Hero Dude Becomes highly popular and gets to do some Survival against hot girls in an awesome Pillow fight with fortresses n shit.

It would start with the obvious: MISSION START but followed with girls screaming like if they just saw Justin Timberlake

Man this forum is so inspiring :p

also multiple styles of keyboards ie
LEVEL 1: crappy super thin break when used to hit zombie cheapo keyboard (you know like a mac keyboard)
LEVEL 2: IBM PC Keyboard probaby possible to actually kill someone with one of these in real life (I haven't verified that though even in animal testing X.x)
Level 3: Ergonomic split adjustable keyboard that morphs into a samauri sword

Level 3: Ergonomic split adjustable keyboard that morphs into a samauri sword

I'd prefer to keep things quite simple and more down to earth, despite the obviously bizarre setting. Think Sean Of The Dead - an ordinary guy in extra-ordinary circumstances.

I understand that as well.... I coded part of a simple platform game with some friend for a java class... Had we not kept it simple our heads probaby would have exploded

Heh i guess the Mac and IBM keyboards would still work though... you can`t blame me for askin` :)

how about some zombie java programmers from the accounting/banking dept.(thats java`s biggest use interfacing with banking applications) ... that would be awesome

perhaps some suttle things.... Toasters with Linux written on the side etc

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
@PoisonedV:
Ahah Confused with this?
CODE
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nIG6RE1MTDg/SV6Eu3gvcVI/AAAAAAAAABY/J979zTUN068/s1600-h/PIXECOUPLE.png

Yes the pixels are going to be huge, but the engine wont be pixelX4 oriented or Tile Oriented.
Modern engine with OLD retro graphics.
@gruso:
Originaly yes (last discussion i had with him was a long time ago and was about changing the Graphics to Vectors instead of pixels) and jsmtux started working independently on an engine of his own. ( that i heard was well organized so multiple coders could work on it. )
Gotta love Open Projects ^^.

i meant 4x as in quadrupled pixels. Well, it just didnt seem to be with pixels quadrupled like that on an already relatively small screen, theres very much room for strategic gameplay that isnt just buttonmashing. at that size the character would take up more about half the screen and leaves very little room for actual playing

Back