Zomb''d Development Page.

'David Bowman' said:
This looks great. I'm looking forward to this.

Has anyone here ever read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (Mel Brook's son)? It's very entertaining.
A big YES from me. It's an essential purchase to anyone interested in the living dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do sprites myself too (for some of the Pandora Panic games) and I can only say that you have a very nice graphical style and this it looks like this will become a fun game!

'iprice' said:
'David Bowman' said:

Has anyone here ever read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (Mel Brook's son)? It's very entertaining.
A big YES from me. It's an essential purchase to anyone interested in the living dead.

There was a sequel too. World War Z, a Class 5 outbreak scenario. I didn't get the chance to read that one though.

A third one as well!? Interesting...

And just because it's living-dead related (I say as I'm listening to Thriller), Shawn of The Dead was a great movie. How about a cricket paddle as a weapon in this game? Ha.

'David Bowman' said:

Great book. I cant wait for World War Z 2: Zombie Holocaust though. like father like son, eh?

Anti-semite sons aside, there is also some great zombie fiction by lesser known authors, thought World War Z and zombie survival guide are very good, even if they 1. mix up their own zombie physics and history occasionally 2. further strengthened the annoying trend of 'lets talk about zombie scenarios 24/7 and be totally deadpan about it, to the point that its annoying'
i should really get a new copy, mines almost worn out

'David Bowman' said:
And just because it's living-dead related (I say as I'm listening to Thriller), Shawn of The Dead was a great movie. How about a cricket paddle as a weapon in this game? Ha.
I love Shawn Of The Dead too. I'm sure that we can incorporate something from that movie into the game ;)

I'd go with throwing old records like frisbees. That was probably the funniest scene in the movie.

ahah i don't want the game to turn into a rip off of something.
But some little inside jokes and all is always fun.
Like i don't know Seeing a jammed lawn mower next to a big house. ( for the people who saw brain dead )
like little winks at classic zombie movies.

The best scene, in my opinion, was when they were talking about how they were going to go and get Shawn's mother and kill his stepdad, Phil. It started out all deeply sympathetic, "We're SO sorry, Phil, *WHACK*" and then it got less so over time as they kept running through all the different scenarios until they were just killing him without remorse. I laughed very hard anyway.

My fave scene, is one which I'd like to wink to, is in the bar while Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" is playing on the jukebox.

I can't hear that song without thinking about Shawn Of The Dead now - the two are indellibly etched into my being.

So of course I would love to have a jukebox in the game...

nyi3rp.png

"Mmhh the power is off, "No big surprise here Mr.Obvious.
The last song played was "Don't stop me now" by Queen"

Knew it would make my partner happy ahaha.

So Zombie classics:

-Jukebox from Shaun of the dead or Meeting a group of survivors going in the opposite way of you. ( maybe the ones Shauns team meets )
-The Jammed lawn mower of Brain dead
-Maybe Passing in front of a big creepy mansion and when we try to interact with the door the hero would say something like: Who would be stupid enough to seek refuge in a huge creepy mansion in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?
Resident evil
- i dont know maybe the hero's dog could be named romero or some shit. lool.
- ... Insert your ideas here ...

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Knew it would make my partner happy ahaha.

So Zombie classics:

-Jukebox from Shaun of the dead or Meeting a group of survivors going in the opposite way of you. ( maybe the ones Shauns team meets )
-The Jammed lawn mower of Brain dead
-Maybe Passing in front of a big creepy mansion and when we try to interact with the door the hero would say something like: Who would be stupid enough to seek refuge in a huge creepy mansion in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?
Resident evil
- i dont know maybe the hero''s dog could be named romero or some shit. lool.
- ... Insert your ideas here ...
PhotoMichaelJacksonThriller1Sm.jpg

Out-dance the zombie boss? LOL. Do with it what you will, but you can't deny that THE all-time best selling album in the world had zombies and is considered a classic.

Back