Zomb''d Development Page.

Oh, i thought you were coding the platforming.

Sorry, i was to much into pumping content and i forgot about communication , thought you were reading the thread huhuhu.

Email coming in right now.

Please don't have a breakdown like the advancewars guy and pixitu did...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that Advance Wars thing was a bummer. I'm sure we won't see that happen here. Not for a game that's shaping up to be one of Pandora's flagship homebrew releases already. We won't allow it. :D

MrGonzo, I think it's only fair that iprice gets all this stuff before us. I love seeing artwork updates... as long as there are still some surprises left in store for the release. ;)

I love the updates. The animations look weird but they'll probably look better when we see them in action. How far are you?

Some of the animations still needs tweaking but yes its weird to see them looping like that out of context.

How far i am?
not far.
Im almost done with all the hero animations of the first chapter
( wich is most of the animation work )
Then i'll do the Multiple animations of the zombies , that is like the other half.
Then its mostly additional stuff to animate like a 20%
and then its Back grounds that take ALOT LESS time than animating.

But at the speed i work ... Thats gonna be pretty fast.

From Iprice's side ... that would demand asking him :)

But don't worry you guys you are only being informed about the gameplay and getting some sweet sweet animations.

You won't get any of the storyline ( that is actually shaping up to be kick ass )
Niark niark niark

There's not going to be anything like the Advance War problems here, I hope :)

I have been reading through the thread, but I need more than is just here and I need it in one place, rather than spread thinly over pages and pages of chat. I'm at work right now, so can't read my emails until I get home in a few hours. But I can't wait to see what you've sent :)

I can code as quickly as I get info and images, so progress should be swift(ish). I already have the scrolling levels all set up - adding stuff to them shouldn't be too difficult. Then it'll be down to the actual gameplay.

I think releasing the game in chapters is a great idea. That way we will get to play something as early as possible and then get a steady stream of new content. :)

yeah and i don't want to publish something half a games lenght.
The chapters are going to be long and full of variety with all the problem solving and dying in the middle. you'll get a couple hours out of it :)

'Mithrildor' said:
The new animations are really nice. And I would love to see soem more updates from iprice's side of the job.
zombd01.PNG

Titlescreen

zombd02.PNG

Map Editor intro (WIP)

zombd03.PNG

Map Editor (showing context sensitive icons)

zombd04.PNG

Map Editor (Showing grid and drawing mode)

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
nope only re2 and it was me , GO GO don't be shy
"Itchy... Tasty" so underused a phrase but so memorable being detailed journal of an infected scientist slowly zombifying. There was a line in RE5 that sort of mirrored the line form the diary of some tribal youth that watched everyone (and eventually hiself) turn into vicious undead/mutant bioweapons.

There's also the old standard "Master of Unlocking" moniker for anyone needed to pick locks, which is useful for a game with lots of doors.

Just quick thoughts, do with them as you please, everything's looking great so far!

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Sorry, i was to much into pumping content and i forgot about communication , thought you were reading the thread huhuhu.

Email coming in right now.
I still haven't received anything. Can you please resend?

Sorry, but this project has been cancelled.

Both Mr Gonzo and myself feel that there is no point in continuing. Thanks Paril Olof for all the negative feedback and PMs that tipped us both over the edge. :(

We might reconsider tomorrow though.

Nice 1. April try but you really really have to try harder nxt time :)

'iprice' said:
Sorry, but this project has been cancelled.

Both Mr Gonzo and myself feel that there is no point in continuing. Thanks Paril Olof for all the negative feedback and PMs that tipped us both over the edge. :(

We might reconsider tomorrow though.
Please consider posting the source code and artwork so we can start a community fork.
Or just .. get back to work on April 2nd.

Back