Release Zaxxon Hotfix 6 - Beta 1 released!

Peca tv out cable is awesome,if anyone is interested to connecting their pandora to tv,you got do it,it's simply amazing.

I play my emulators using control pads and connected dvd drive to pandora to watch movies on cd's,i do all this on tv and the s-video is good quality plus using vlc player with 3gp videos is the best player for this format,if you use mplayer,smplayer plays video no audio and panplayer doesn't play 3gp vids.

The screen blanking is easy to do,just use the normal command line using terminal does stop screen banking,i've done it hotfix6 beta1.

let us know if Mame4All works now
It won't, it's an issue in mame4all itself. It tries to destroy overlay but that's not possible while TV out is active, so ofbset fails. mame4all then sees that and gets upset, while it could just continue. It's an easy fix, somebody should ask the author.

Last edited by a moderator:
let us know if Mame4All works now
It won't, it's an issue in mame4all itself. It tries to destroy overlay but that's not possible while TV out is active, so ofbset fails. mame4all then sees that and gets upset, while it could just continue. It's an easy fix, somebody should ask the author.
that would be SteveM but we havent heard from him in a while.

yes that's true we haven't heard from steveM awhile,that's sad. :(

No i'm not complaining,i'm just telling how wicked vlc is compare to other players. :D

Yes that's true but i think vlc player doesn't use there is no settings for it,so no need to worry about in this player,yes other 2 players does have it.

The panplayer hardly plays any format,so i don't use it hardly but if avi i will use it.

Has anyone tried panplayer on tv,does it work.

Yes that's true but i think vlc player doesn't use there is no settings for it,so no need to worry about in this player,yes other 2 players does have it.

The panplayer hardly plays any format,so i don't use it hardly but if avi i will use it.

Has anyone tried panplayer on tv,does it work.
I only use panplayer.Last time i tried vlc player it wasnt working for me or something.Could have been an old version though.

I only just ordered from peca so i dont expect the tv out for a while unless the mans a hyperactive octopus or something. As usual i had to google what xv output was cos i dont speak alerino.

panplayer works on tv , video out must be x11
Panplayer works. Good.Now call me clueless but whats x 11?

with updated tv-out script from notaz (hf6b2) peca's cable is working fantastic; I had a go of Wipeout 3 on pcsx-rearmed :) (svideo + composite, both good.)

jeff

i sent him an email, also bugging for improvements on Mame 106 and FBA bounty :)

are you taking a look, mr. mitchell?

Mame 106 was cpasjuste, not SteveM, IIRC.

I pulled Mame4all for the sole purpose of.. if I have a minute, I may hack in some wsad-p keys, so that iCP HID keyboard can work with it, but no guarantee (6 days until twins land, not much time ;)

jeff

Just a quick update on Beta 1 regarding newbies ( ie someone with no files on their SD card )...

1) Have a web browser installed by default on the Pandora, with bookmarks ( eg Midori ). I couldn't get the text browser that is installed to work ( eg didn't see any obvious way of entering a URL, plus text only browsing might not be a good first experience )

2) Place PndStore* on the desktop, to allow users to easily install new software ( this could include installing eg Midori or Firefox or something, but of course it's a lot easier just to have a browser installed - one that has a lower number than the latest one maybe that still works fine ( eg Firefox 4 ), so that any newer installs will be separate on the SD card and numbered eg Firefox 5 ).

* One major bug with PndStore which might not have been noticed by users with software already on their sd card.

When you want to download software, it tries to install to a folder on the internal memory - trying to install this gives an error. This only goes away when you create the /pandora/apps folder on the SD card. Possible solution - have PndStore check for the /pandora/apps folder if an SD card exists, and auto-create the folder otherwise.

This would make it a LOT easier to get software onto the Pandora for new users.

can we have openbox instead of xfwm4? i notice that there is no lag delays when trying to open a menu in xfce4 and it uses less ram with the overall experience being much nicer.

Something along these lines that Alerino mentioned before perhaps?

change video out mode from xv to x11

you can run from command line

Code:
mplayer -vo x11 filename

here

http://boards.openpa...dpost__p__92627

Although what the commandline for launching 'Panplayer' with video-out forced to x11 (some kind of pnd run argument), rather than just 'mplayer' with x11 forced, would need to be substituted I presume.

meanwhile, i am being able to play mame4all gp2x version (thru ginge) on TV :)

maybe you can merge some notaz code (his emus auto-detect ICP in both modes, keyboard and keypad)

Mame 106 needs a lot of love, scaling and stretching would be a great start
Forgot about the Ginge.... SWEET

Must try.

Now we just need universal ICP support somehow.

it doesn't work,keeps on saying in terminal file not found.

You did try typing in a real video file name, not just the fake one posted above ( filename )... right?

So..

Code:
mplayer -vo x11 A_REAL_VIDEO_FILE_NAME_NOT_THIS_FAKE_ONE.avi

Back