Release Zaxxon Hotfix 6 - Beta 1 released!

Just one quick info:

I just fixed that annoying screen blanking when you set the time (both in first-run-wizard as well as when using the date-settings-dialogue).

I also added and tested a new configuration option in the LCD-Settings: Enable / Disable automatic screen blanking.

Will be included in the next Hotfix beta :)
Nice one ed.No more screen blanking when watching movies on panplayer.Will wait till hotfix 6 complete before trying.With tv out included also that cable i ordered from peca cant come soon enough.

Just one quick info:

I just fixed that annoying screen blanking when you set the time (both in first-run-wizard as well as when using the date-settings-dialogue).

I also added and tested a new configuration option in the LCD-Settings: Enable / Disable automatic screen blanking.

Will be included in the next Hotfix beta :)
So this is how it's called "screen blanking". ^^ I knew it was not an actual Screen Saver, otherwise I had found a solution much earlier ( I had to make a autostart script to disable this function).

ED, can you fix this bug once for all? :)

I can try, if it's not too hard.
Piece of cake, it's just lack of gvfsd packages.

extremely useful, remote folders go into /yourhomefolder/.gvfs/

Since HF5 it conflicts with other files, so --force-overwrite is necessary

Code:
sudo opkg update
sudo opkg install gvfsd-sftp sshfs-fuse --force-overwrite
sudo mousepad /etc/modutils/fuse
type "fuse" save and quit
sudo update-modules

That's a manual piece of cake, but I need to implement those packages into our image right from the start.

If they build without any issues, it's fine, but if not, the recipes need to be fixed.

[/CODE]

Last edited:
Here are a few small things...

1) When launching the Boot menu ( hold down Right shoulder when booting ), allow Enter to select an option as well as the d-pad button.

2) The battery percentage appears above the time remaining at the start ( which is cool ), but after a while it appears side by side ( I didn't make any changes to settings ), which of course uses up more task bar space.

I had posted about auto-focus text boxes, but this seems to be fixed in beta 1 ( I had some problems installing it over beta 4, I had to reformat the SD card - somehow it became read only )

Mal

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, bug from before, Mousepad only lets you use Find once per instance. Very annoying.

notaz updated tv-out script in git to fix a few things up; I'll try and check it later tonight and report back.

jeff

wait....was that THE Hondo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update .. with latest tv-out script from notaz, I think I'm in business! My wife is having a "I'm pregnant, you did this to me" entitlement night, so I'm not getting near a TV apparently, but I sniped 2 minutes, got NTSC over composite lead working with colour, and fired up Hatari to Time Bandits with iCP :) Next moment I get, I'll try svideo which if it works, should be nice and crisp. Peca cable through composite/audio .. tested good!

jeff

Back