Release Xash3D - Half Life

true, im on a ghz unit. somewhere someone wrote they had the best experience with 4.01... thats why i thought i should use it.

will use 4.03... then. thanks.

the wiki entry is pretty much confusing, tho. there should be a guideline, such as:

pandora unit version - recommended sgx version.

or

pandora unit version - specific game/emulator - sgx version

did not find such info.

When you reflash your Pandora to the latest firmware, for the 1Ghz it should set it up by default to 4.03 which is the recommended one anyway for about everything out there. No need to add special info in the wiki if you are in the latest firmware.

I noticed that with the latest version the console is once again disabled for Half-Life.  The custom games now have a Console menu option but the base game itself does not, and the key I defined in config.cfg doesn't work any more.  Could we get console re-enabled?

When you reflash your Pandora to the latest firmware, for the 1Ghz it should set it up by default to 4.03 which is the recommended one anyway for about everything out there. No need to add special info in the wiki if you are in the latest firmware.
the sgx driver installation utility has lots of options to choose from, but no useful information about them.
its hard to find proper documentation about sgx drivers on the pandora.

it would be nice if ppl who know about sgx stuff would share that knowledge. actually thats what the wiki is for. im not talking about in depth technical stuff (that would also be much appreciated), but why which version should be prefered over others. obviously its not as easy as "just use the highest number available".

I noticed that with the latest version the console is once again disabled for Half-Life.  The custom games now have a Console menu option but the base game itself does not, and the key I defined in config.cfg doesn't work any more.  Could we get console re-enabled?
Console in everything but the main game? really? I haven't seen a special case in the code, I have to re-check that.

the sgx driver installation utility has lots of options to choose from, but no useful information about them.

it would be nice if ppl who know about sgx stuff would share that knowledge. actually thats what the wiki is for. im not talking about in depth technical stuff (that would also be much appreciated), but why which version should be prefered over others. obviously its not as easy as "just use the highest number available".
Use the search, it has been debated many times.

Roughly, it depends on your Pandora model, and the type of game/software you are using.

First point is, driver >= 4.04 are not compatible with GL in windows and standard initialisation, only the so called "FB" or raw mode works. That means special care has to been taken to be compatible.

For CC, default (4.00) driver are fine in most case. You can find the v3 series to freeze less. For GLES|2, you may need the 4.04 driver (for ChipMachine).

For Rebirth, default (4.00) driver are fine. Later driver may work better in some case, especialy for GLES|2

For Gigahertz, the new default (4.03) is fine. If you want more perf, or for GLES|2, the 4.10 works most of the time better (for PPSSPP for example).

Last edited by a moderator:
Console in everything but the main game? really? I haven't seen a special case in the code, I have to re-check that.
In fact, I found the issue.

The HalfLife game is marked as "secure", preventing the console to show. In my previous hack, I hardcoded the console. Now I use regular way to have it (using "-dev 1" command line argument).

If you want to get back the console, go to your valve folder, and edit the gameinfo.txt file. This file is created by Xash3D itself. Change "secure 1" to "secure 0", or remove the line, and the console should be available agin (the file is not updated all the time, just created if missing).

There is no documentation and TI's release notes don't give any useful information either. The only known thing is that they removed normal windowed mode since 4.04.00.01, and even that had to be found through trial-and-error. What ptitSeb wrote is all there is, basically.

thank you, gentlemen.

would some mod care to copy'n'paste this into the wiki article? pretty please?

That resolved it, thank you! 

In fact, I found the issue.

The HalfLife game is marked as "secure", preventing the console to show. In my previous hack, I hardcoded the console. Now I use regular way to have it (using "-dev 1" command line argument).

If you want to get back the console, go to your valve folder, and edit the gameinfo.txt file. This file is created by Xash3D itself. Change "secure 1" to "secure 0", or remove the line, and the console should be available agin (the file is not updated all the time, just created if missing).

I'm playing the latest version but getting stuck after getting the HEV suit  - when I get to the door for the lift to the test chamber the guard says "go right on through" but he does not actually open the door like he is supposed to.

I'm playing the latest version but getting stuck after getting the HEV suit  - when I get to the door for the lift to the test chamber the guard says "go right on through" but he does not actually open the door like he is supposed to.
As said X times across these boards and in the Pandoralive article, you need to play the game a bit on your PC before copying the data files over to your Pandora. That will fix the bug. 

Okay I will try again. I did play the game a bit before copying the files, but obviously not far enough to fix this issue.

I will trigger the resonance cascade on my PC and re-copy the files again.

4.10 on my 1ghz unit.

Is there any possibility to deactivate/fix this :

attachicon.gif
hl.jpg(find... but can´t play)?

p.s. thanks for this very nice port.
I have these types of error messages using the CD version.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hungry1 message, I guess it's some sounds not able to play. I'll try to identify the source...
I think it is more than just that one sound file that is causing trouble too. Will need to play more over the weekend and try to confirm for you. It hasn't really hindered game play for me. I'm assuming there are just some sounds that I'm not getting to hear.

That hungry1 message, I guess it's some sounds not able to play. I'll try to identify the source...
I think it is more than just that one sound file that is causing trouble too. Will need to play more over the weekend and try to confirm for you. It hasn't really hindered game play for me. I'm assuming there are just some sounds that I'm not getting to hear.
Ok, it's not sound, as you said.

It's a scipt.

The code that trigger this message is inside halflife/dlls/scripted.cpp, inside CCineMonster::FindEntity( void )

The message is visible because I have activated "dev mode", to get the console, I suspect it will not be visible in normal operation (but I haven't checked).

Not sure if it's normal or not, it seems pTarget->CanPlaySequence(...) cannot play the sequence (or pTarget is NULL?).

i do have a weird issue. from time to time using the right nub will start moving the mouse ingame. if that happens i can still look around using the nub, but every other key press will show its effect on the desktop, behind the game layer. for a split second i can see desktop menus popping open. the game cant be quit, it does not react to anything. so i do have to force quit the game. does that sound familiar?

i do have a weird issue. from time to time using the right nub will start moving the mouse ingame. if that happens i can still look around using the nub, but every other key press will show its effect on the desktop, behind the game layer. for a split second i can see desktop menus popping open. the game cant be quit, it does not react to anything. so i do have to force quit the game. does that sound familiar?
Looks like you are not in FullScreen mode, but windowed (but the game will always display Fullscreen).

okay but why would it start working and then change to windowed all of a sudden.
May be it wasn't fullscreen from the begining, but then you "clicked" outside the Xash3d window? I'm just speculating.

Or you had some popup windows coming in front (wifi password, low battery,...)

Back