Release Xash3D - Half Life

How does one run mods within Half Life itself? I was reading about a mod version of the unreleased Dreamcast version that is supposed to use a lot more auto aim that might work better with the Pandora nubs? (just a thought)
just select them from the custom game in the menu... but be aware, that mod using different server dll have good chance to be broken...

Well the mod works, I'll have to do some testing to see what differences it has to the normal version performance wise on the Pandora

I was able to use it in multiplayer, but if my memory is correct you need to setup some sv_cheat variable to be able to use thge console everywhere, or am I mistaken?

If you can bring the console up I think you can run sv_cheals "1".  Maybe it needs to be enabled in the command line, as TrashyMG suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
or more easier, just edit config.xml config.cfg in your appdata/xash32/valvle folder, no?

Elwing - that was PtitSeb's first suggesting, but modifying the config.cfg doesn't work.  Regardless of which key I bind the toggleconsole to it's ignored by the game.

I meant to add "sv_cheats 1" not for the console key binding...  might be wrong but I seem to remember from the old day that you needed to have sv_cheats 1 to get the console... but I might be wrong, I haven't tested...

I've just had a strange problem where after the initial train ride, after the map load when Barney is supposed to come open the door, he would just stand idle and do nothing, so it was impossible to progress. Then I've reinstalled the game on PC (steam+Linux version) and recopied the files, then it was fine. Strange.

Not able to bring up the console too - one of fun elements of quake games and HL (not really for cheating, I would usually bind keys and set mouse sensitivity this way).

Tried binding in .cfg, passing -console -toconsole to ./xash3d - doesn't help.

I also think togglecrouch should default to "0", otherwise the game is impossible to complete (crouch jump). But when I changed it manually, jump stopped working at all. Change back to "1" - jump works again. Weird.

I meant to add "sv_cheats 1" not for the console key binding...  might be wrong but I seem to remember from the old day that you needed to have sv_cheats 1 to get the console... but I might be wrong, I haven't tested...
This was on Doom3 I think, I'm quite sure console used to be always available in HL.

Great port,,,  ne issue I've found probably user error...  using right nub to turn and look moves real slow...  any way to speed it up?

Great port,,, ne issue I've found probably user error... using right nub to turn and look moves real slow... any way to speed it up?
Yeah mouse speed in the Advanced settings in the controls section.

I've just had a strange problem where after the initial train ride, after the map load when Barney is supposed to come open the door, he would just stand idle and do nothing, so it was impossible to progress.
See the article on Pandoralive - the problem actually disappears if you follow the instructions there (Steam version -> install -> play the game on PC first a little bit then copy the files to Pandora). If you simply install the game without running it the problem can be reproduced.  

xash3d supposedly supports gunman chronicles. has anybody got it working? i copied the rewolf folder to the xash3d folder but the game does not appear in custom games.

EDIT: got it to show up in the custom games menu but can't start a new game. had to convert all filenames to lowercase. I will try another version of the mod, without the steam patch.

I have the same problem as Notaz, but I'm gonna try another copy of HL..

Back